PDA

View Full Version : Blocks my IP? - Rep

Aiden
25-03-2012, 10:25 AM
When i'm editing my site via cpanel it blocks my ip for a few hours on both servers i own. Even if im not editing one of them they both go down for me only?? Any Help??

Thank You!

Tom
25-03-2012, 10:51 AM
Oh I mis-read your post, I didn't see you owned the server - so I don't know.

Recursion
25-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Are you running these servers? If so, do you have CSF installed? This is a common problem if you're using FTP with CSF.

Aiden
25-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Are you running these servers? If so, do you have CSF installed? This is a common problem if you're using FTP with CSF.
Rep for Helping! Kinda

Oh I mis-read your post, I didn't see you owned the server - so I don't know.
Rep for Trying to Help!

Lee
25-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Have you tried contacting your host because this sounds quite wierd to me :S

iDenning
26-03-2012, 02:20 PM
I had this problem before, it was annoying! For some reason it kept blocking me for about 30mins-1hour because I was logged in for too long and too active (editing alot etc), I think it has something to do with too many connections to the server, Im not sure, best thing to do is contact your host and address the issue.

Kieran
26-03-2012, 02:35 PM
If you have CSF installed... that will be the issue. Simply change the firewall settings to either increase the number of allowed logins or if you have a dedicated home IP, add it to the allow list :)

DeejayMachoo
27-03-2012, 11:38 PM
Hey,

I take it as it's your server you have root access?

If so this may fix your problem:

- Login To WHM
- Under Security Center click "cPHulk Brute Force Protection"
- Then Click Disable

Hopefully that works for you, if not post back and there's a couple of other things that may help :)

-Frijj

Plucked
29-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Hey,

I take it as it's your server you have root access?

If so this may fix your problem:

- Login To WHM
- Under Security Center click "cPHulk Brute Force Protection"
- Then Click Disable

Hopefully that works for you, if not post back and there's a couple of other things that may help :)

-Frijj
This isn't related to brute force, trust.

Your firewall thinks your attempting to ddos the server, therefore banning your ip - you can edit the firewall configuration to resolve this.

DeejayMachoo
29-03-2012, 11:13 PM
This isn't related to brute force, trust.

Your firewall thinks your attempting to ddos the server, therefore banning your ip - you can edit the firewall configuration to resolve this.

I've had this problem before. This fixed it :)

Plucked
29-03-2012, 11:40 PM
I've had this problem before. This fixed it :)
How fortunate

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!