PDA

View Full Version : Man amputates his own foot to avoid work

Lee
27-03-2012, 01:31 PM
An unemployed Austrian man has sawed off his left foot, apparently to avoid being found fit enough to go back to work.
Police said the "desperate" 56-year-old man deliberately sliced it off above the ankle with a mechanical saw and threw it into an oven.The man, from Mitterlabill in southern Austria, then hobbled into his garage and called an ambulance.He sliced his foot off just a few hours before he was due to have a health check with the labour department on whether he was fit to work, Austrian broadcaster ORF reported.When police arrived, the man was still conscious but had lost a lot of blood, local police chief Franz Fasching said.Emergency services "looked in the oven and were able to recover the foot," Mr Fasching said."The foot was taken the hospital but it was so badly burned that it cannot be sewn back on."
The man was flown to hospital in Graz, where he was said to be in a stable condition

Source:http://news.sky.com/home/strange-news/article/16196733

The things some people will do, they say he was desperate though so I wonder why...

Jazz
27-03-2012, 03:34 PM
wow how stupid..

Chris
27-03-2012, 03:40 PM
What the hell? I've heard people go to extreme measures to avoid work, but this takes it to the next level. 0_0

Lee
27-03-2012, 03:41 PM
ikr, makes you think that maybe there was something else going on at work which he couldn't take anymore...

Paige.
27-03-2012, 03:41 PM
omg this makes me sick :( i physically couldn't do that...

Chris
27-03-2012, 03:47 PM
ikr, makes you think that maybe there was something else going on at work which he couldn't take anymore...

Either he has mental issues or he's just plain lazy. Either way, why lose a foot over work? :|

MotorStefan95
27-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Why would you cut your foot off just so that you don't have to work? I would rather work and get paid than cut off my foot.

There must have been something seriously wrong with this man or maybe it was something at work that he couldn't take anymore.

cocaine
27-03-2012, 04:20 PM

There must have been something seriously wrong with this man or maybe it was something at work that he couldn't take anymore.

you do realise he could have just changed jobs?
i'm suprised that this hasn't happened in britain yet.

MotorStefan95
27-03-2012, 04:59 PM
you do realise he could have just changed jobs?
i'm suprised that this hasn't happened in britain yet.

Yeah, but some people don't think of easy things like that and believe that other options are the only way forward.
I also agree with your second statement. The amount of people not wanting to work makes you surprised that this hasn't happened here yet.

Accipiter
27-03-2012, 05:56 PM
He was possessed

RyRy
27-03-2012, 06:02 PM
I'm not sure whether to congratulate him for being so bloody mental or to shun him for being such a lazy *****...

But even then, cutting your leg off, I mean that takes something.

Martin
27-03-2012, 06:03 PM
ewwww how could anyone do that!! :'( and just to avoid having to work?! holy crap! That must have hurt big time too! +o(

Lee
27-03-2012, 06:03 PM
I'm not sure whether to congratulate him for being so bloody mental or to shun him for being such a lazy *****...

But even then, cutting your leg off, I mean that takes something.

Yeah but he isn't thinking straight so he may not have been able to think of the consequences :(

Empired
27-03-2012, 06:05 PM
Felt literally sick reading that :(

He probably does have some mental issues though. A lot people who are struggling mentally cannot see any other options than to go for the seemingly crazy ones (e.g suicide, cutting off your own foot​, etc).

geo
27-03-2012, 06:07 PM
It really does make you wonder what he was going through to even think about cutting off your own foot to avoid something. :( I do wonder if he has any mental illnesses as I just think there would have been hundreds and hundreds of other ways you could get out of work or anything really, you shouldn't need to cut your own leg off?!

Succubus
27-03-2012, 06:24 PM
Oh god, that's mad!
Not only mad, painful..

CrazyLemurs
27-03-2012, 06:26 PM
LOLWTF? That's just a bit not right...
Surely he could just get a part-time job if he hated labour so much xD

LoveToStack
27-03-2012, 06:34 PM
Well you know what they say: when you apply for a job you should always put your best foot forward.

Deeb
27-03-2012, 08:58 PM
I know what my excuse is for tomorrow!

Jurv
27-03-2012, 10:58 PM
whenever i read stories like this i always want to see the pictures, i'm not weird, i swear.

hiyahon
28-03-2012, 12:16 AM
I admire his determination.

DeejayMachoo
28-03-2012, 12:29 AM
Wow, The bad thing about this is people work in wheelchairs so surely he would still have to work?

beth
28-03-2012, 01:46 AM
Wow, The bad thing about this is people work in wheelchairs so surely he would still have to work?

i imagine he won't be working for a long time now because he'll most definitely be sectioned or taken to a secure unit. this is not a healthy reaction to working, obviously mentally ill: i don't think it's to do with laziness.

DeejayMachoo
28-03-2012, 07:00 AM
i imagine he won't be working for a long time now because he'll most definitely be sectioned or taken to a secure unit. this is not a healthy reaction to working, obviously mentally ill: i don't think it's to do with laziness.

Didn't really think of that aspect when i posted it semi asleep lol.

Amberr
28-03-2012, 04:36 PM
This just made me think of the first SAW film. What on earth would possess anyone to do that...

velvet
28-03-2012, 05:56 PM
...well he was clearly mental

Catchy
28-03-2012, 11:40 PM
This cracked me up, oh my gosh! That is honestly made my day. He must've been very desperate.

JerseySafety
29-03-2012, 05:17 AM
Wow, just go to bloody work. It isn't that bad.

Lee
29-03-2012, 02:03 PM
This cracked me up, oh my gosh! That is honestly made my day. He must've been very desperate.

How is it funny? :O

Catchy
29-03-2012, 02:08 PM
How is it funny? :O

The lengths people will go not to work, pretty hilarious!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!