PDA

View Full Version : Police Officer suspended after racial abuse claim

Lee
31-03-2012, 01:35 PM
A policeman has been suspended after he was allegedly recorded racially abusing a man arrested during the London riots.

Read the article here. (http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16199954)

As a police officer hearing about other police officers in the news being suspended for racism, why on earth would you do it?

Edit; Read the BBC article and listen to the video here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-17572925

Oleh
31-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Quite a lengthy amount of time between the incident and now, nothing should happen.

dirrty
31-03-2012, 01:40 PM
i can't believed they haven't been charged though, completely disgusting and i'm glad that it's going to be reviewed. gonna be a colossal ****storm if nothing changes. just like the case of trayvon martin in the US currently.

Chris
31-03-2012, 01:49 PM
Quite a lengthy amount of time between the incident and now, nothing should happen.

That doesn't make it right :S Thats like saying a murderer shouldn't be sentenced today if the murder took place 10 years ago.

Anyway pretty shocking, I hope he gets what he deserves really.

Oleh
31-03-2012, 01:55 PM
That doesn't make it right :S Thats like saying a murderer shouldn't be sentenced today if the murder took place 10 years ago.

But with a murder there is always evidence, there is most likely only one mans word against another in this instance. Thus making it null and void.

dirrty
31-03-2012, 01:57 PM
But with a murder there is always evidence, there is most likely only one mans word against another in this instance. Thus making it null and void.
the guy recorded the police officer so what he said is on tape :S

even if you didn't read the actual article, it says in the short quote within the first post...

Oleh
31-03-2012, 01:59 PM
I guess this is what happens when I don't read anything but the title...

dirrty
31-03-2012, 02:03 PM
nevertheless, here's the clip.

*REMOVED*

Edited by Chris (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post inappropriate content!

Lee
31-03-2012, 03:11 PM
I guess this is what happens when I don't read anything but the title...

The quote is just over one line long, you lazy git haha :)

And I don't think that time should make a punishment any lush punishable to be honest. Lets hope this officer get what they deserve!

Robbie
31-03-2012, 06:36 PM
nevertheless, here's the clip.

*REMOVED*

Edited by Chris (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post inappropriate content!

why has this been removed? :S

e5
31-03-2012, 06:45 PM
So against racial abuse.

Stephen
31-03-2012, 10:25 PM
not really surprised that there was an officer suspended for racial abuse during a riot that consisted of mostly black people

dirrty
31-03-2012, 10:27 PM
because the guy said ****** (n-word). surely the warning should of been sufficient enough, especially since it's not like a random video but ahwell...

The Don
31-03-2012, 10:29 PM

lol that gets removed but a clip of a young girl getting ran over in china is allowed to stay for 3 days until someone (me) reports it. nice one infectious

Gina
01-04-2012, 08:44 AM

ive heard loads of people in the news who have only just been erm i cant remember what its called but lets say told off, and it happened from the riots

Chippiewill
01-04-2012, 11:07 AM
Some of the police are just complete idiots. But in my opinion this guy is trying to big up the issue from what is actually just some fairly juvenile name calling, probably trying to get some money out of it. No it's not right what they did but this guy is trying to swindle money, probably from the tax payer. I doubt the guy was even bothered about it.

As a police officer
I saw you avatar and read this and thought..
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7a/Chief_Wiggum.png/220px-Chief_Wiggum.png

Maxiee
01-04-2012, 12:47 PM

Yeah, why was it removed? :(

Charlie
01-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Yeah, why was it removed? :(

Someone said a few posts up that a certain n word in it was said.

It's stupid that a police officer would do something like that though. I mean, you'd expect them to be there to deal with that such of abuse, not be dishing it out.

dirrty
01-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Some of the police are just complete idiots. But in my opinion this guy is trying to big up the issue from what is actually just some fairly juvenile name calling, probably trying to get some money out of it. No it's not right what they did but this guy is trying to swindle money, probably from the tax payer. I doubt the guy was even bothered about it.

juvenile name calling? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

also, how was the guy trying to 'swindle' money?

Catchy
01-04-2012, 02:57 PM

I saw you avatar and read this and thought..
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7a/Chief_Wiggum.png/220px-Chief_Wiggum.png

Name calling? You make it sound like it isn't really a big deal, I'm sure if a black police officer called you a racist name you'd be pretty offended. If nothing is done then it just adds to the fact that loads of police think they can go around doing whatever they want without anything being done about it, I know from experience that some think exactly this (does it really take 3 6ft massive build officers to take down and restrain me? Who's 5ft5 may I add? Don't think so).

Lee
01-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Name calling? You make it sound like it isn't really a big deal, I'm sure if a black police officer called you a racist name you'd be pretty offended. If nothing is done then it just adds to the fact that loads of police think they can go around doing whatever they want without anything being done about it, I know from experience that some think exactly this (does it really take 3 6ft massive build officers to take down and restrain me? Who's 5ft5 may I add? Don't think so).

Well said, I echo your post because not many people can truly say they would be alright with that happening to them :/ +Rep!

beth
01-04-2012, 04:27 PM
hope he gets dealt with, whether the guy was undertaking in criminal activity or not NOBODY should be using racist slurs, especially when this policeman is supposed to be upholding the law.

no-one is above the law.

David
02-04-2012, 02:28 PM
someone link me to the video

Chippiewill
02-04-2012, 06:02 PM
I'm sure if a black police officer called you a racist name you'd be pretty offended.
I'd be pretty pissed off, but I'd get over it. The guy was blatantly bigging up an issue that not only occurred 8 months ago (No sense of urgency then..) but he was also involved in the riots so obviously he wasn't that concerned with fairness and justice.

The guy realised he had a way to gain out of the situation and he's decided to take it.

dirrty
02-04-2012, 06:13 PM
I'd be pretty pissed off, but I'd get over it. The guy was blatantly bigging up an issue that not only occurred 8 months ago (No sense of urgency then..) but he was also involved in the riots so obviously he wasn't that concerned with fairness and justice.

The guy realised he had a way to gain out of the situation and he's decided to take it.
it's not about getting a way out of a situation, but rather highlighting the racism that the black community (and other ethnic minorities) are subjected to by the police (who are supposedly there to protect, not insult). it's actually quite a prevalent issue that has been occurring for a long, long time. and regardless of whether the said individual was involved in the riots or not, that doesn't mean the police officer had the bloody right to exploit his position of authority and be racist towards him (as the officer evidently thought there would be no repercussions behind his actions), does it? my mother has told me numerous times, if i was to get stopped by the police, conceal and record the conversation (on my phone) just incase. first time i was told that was before i could even drive.

jesus christ, almighty! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

geo
02-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Hmm, I find this really awful. The policeman should is someone people would kinda look up to and shouldn't be setting such a bad example. Racism itself is awful, but coming from a policemen, it's really wrong.

GommeInc
02-04-2012, 07:58 PM
It's quite an interesting scenario, you get someone rioting and someone being racist. Obviously both are guilty of a crime, but which one is worse?

Also, for those wanting to hear excerpts, the BBC has a bleeped out clip on their website and the usual "here is what the Black Met Police Association has to say", the views of the victim and so forth.

BBC News - Man demands justice after 'racial abuse' from police (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-17572925)

Lee
03-04-2012, 11:43 AM
It's quite an interesting scenario, you get someone rioting and someone being racist. Obviously both are guilty of a crime, but which one is worse?

Also, for those wanting to hear excerpts, the BBC has a bleeped out clip on their website and the usual "here is what the Black Met Police Association has to say", the views of the victim and so forth.

BBC News - Man demands justice after 'racial abuse' from police (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-17572925)

Thanks for that, I'll include in the OP :)

Matt
04-04-2012, 08:20 AM
Ok, I think that the Police officer was in the wrong to do that but if he was provoked well then possibly he might not have been able to hold back. I do agree that it is wrong for him to do it whilst on duty and he maybe needs to think if its the right job for him.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!