PDA

View Full Version : Disgusted voters give ALL three 'out of touch' party leaders the worst poll ratings

-:Undertaker:-
02-04-2012, 11:33 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2123754/Disgusted-voters-main-party-leaders-worst-poll-ratings-history.html

We're sick of the lot of you: Disgusted voters give ALL three 'out of touch' party leaders the worst poll ratings in history

Voters are so disgusted with politics that the three main party leaders are collectively the least popular in the history of polling. A survey yesterday put the negative ratings of David Cameron, Nick Clegg and Ed Miliband at the lowest cumulative rating, a staggering -121 per cent. The Prime Minister saw his personal rating – the difference between the number of voters who think he is doing a good job and those who do not – plunge to -27 in the latest YouGov poll.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/04/02/article-2123754-126EAA88000005DC-710_634x418.jpg
Shocking result: A survey yesterday put the negative ratings of David Cameron, Nick Clegg and Ed Miliband at the lowest cumulative rating, a staggering -121 per cent. The three main party leaders are collectively the least popular in the history of polling

It is his lowest rating yet as Prime Minister, YouGov said. The dismal figure represents a fall of 16 percentage points in just a week, following the Budget with its so-called pasty tax and granny tax measures, the cash-for-access affair and the fall-out from the Government-sparked fuel crisis. Anthony Wells of YouGov said: ‘This is his lowest approval rating as Prime Minister – and I think as during his time as leader of the opposition too.’

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/04/02/article-2123754-1266F22B000005DC-588_634x390.jpg
V for Victory: Maverick MP George Galloway of the Respect Party, poses for the media before setting off on an open top bus tour of the city following his victory in last weeks Bradford West by-election

But if the other parties thought they would have been beneficiaries of his fall from grace they were disappointed. After a week in which he sought to cash in on Tory misery on the ‘pasty tax’ by posing with sausage rolls outside a Gregg’s bakery, Labour leader Mr Miliband saw his own personal rating drop four points to -41. Mr Clegg was seen by many to have had a good week since he was away at a summit when ministers were in the firing line. But the Deputy Prime Minister’s approval rating is a dire -53, a drop of seven points. The collective disillusionment with the three main parties was illustrated last week when Respect candidate George Galloway shocked Labour to seize the Bradford West by-election, winning a 56 per cent share of the total vote. Polling expert Mike Smithson, who runs the Political Betting website, said yesterday: ‘I stand to be corrected but I cannot find a period in modern UK political history when all three leaders have registered such poor numbers at the same time.

State of the parties of those intending to vote;

Labour 38% to 42%
Conservative 32% to 37%
Liberal Democrat 8% to 13%
UK Independence Party 5% to 8%
Other n/a

Mail Online poll: Do you want new political parties to replace the old ones we're disillusioned with?

Yes - 87%
No - 13%

It is clear to most that the main parties are defunct and similar in almost every way. The Conservatives, Labour Party and the Liberal Democrats are all led by men who have never had any real experience other than politics before, they're all young career politicians and they've all been rather well off which insulates them from normal concerns of people concerning fuel prices, tax increases and so on. With membership of them parties in utter collapse (don't take my word for it, have a look at the figures which can be found on the internet) it's only a matter of time before they are ended.

But you know, it doesn't matter what side of the fence you sit on - for example if you look at the best rated comments on the Mail site on this very article then they're all very pro-UKIP - what we need are parties which are at the very least honest and will do what they say, is that too much to ask? the only way you can make political parties be honest and so what the electorate that voted them in wants is by not voting for them.

And before anyone says it 'well what happens if UKIP/another party turn out to be liars as well?' - then I won't vote for them again, simple.

So the question is, will you make a start in the May local elections and simply not vote for a main party?

Inseriousity.
02-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Personally, I'd like more independents to win but no-one hardly votes for them/considers it a wasted vote. the whole system needs change imo before we'll see any real shift in the three main parties.

-:Undertaker:-
02-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Personally, I'd like more independents to win but no-one hardly votes for them/considers it a wasted vote. the whole system needs change imo before we'll see any real shift in the three main parties.

But the problem isn't the system itself I don't think - after all, we keep changing the system (House of Lords reform, 1999 for example) and it only makes it worse or nothing changes. The reform has to start with the main political parties by castrating them as George Galloway MP and Respect Party did last week in Bradford West. The main parties lie to us, not the ballot boxes or the parliamentary buildings.

Chippiewill
02-04-2012, 01:08 PM
But the problem isn't the system itself I don't think.
Although PR would certainly be very useful..

Ideally I'd abolish the parties and force the MPs to represent their constituencies rather than their sponsors.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!