PDA

View Full Version : Ever got a virus on your computer?

Ellz
03-04-2012, 04:49 PM
It so easy to get them tbh! there has been a few times where i have accidently clicked a link which has downloaded a trojan onto my computer which isnt cool at all.

Recursion
03-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Nowadays, common sense is the best antivirus. ;)

xxMATTGxx
03-04-2012, 04:51 PM
The last time I probably had a virus on my computer is when I was in primary school.

Zahura
03-04-2012, 04:51 PM
I've had loads.

Charlie
03-04-2012, 04:52 PM
On my old computer, I got a virus from limewire but I haven't had one since. I got anti virus and I did set it to scan every other day but I don't think it does now for some reason but I'm not clicking on stuff I don't trust to get one.

Ellz
03-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Nowadays, common sense is the best antivirus. ;)

yeah but i only use the free ones which only protect you to a certain extent

CaptainAce$$
03-04-2012, 06:22 PM
I had one a few months ago which destroyed the hard drive in my computer. Still don't know how I got it though.

Lee
03-04-2012, 06:28 PM
I agree with commensense being the best anti-virus, however ESET keeps me extra safe. Last time I had a virus was years ago.

Cerys
03-04-2012, 06:37 PM
I got a trojan or something from a link my aunt sent me (she got hacked. :rolleyes: ) so I thought it was safe, click it, and I'm spammed with rubbish.

It messed my computer up so much that we had to delete everything, all our images lost for ever etc. It was awful. Reset it to factory settings and it's fine. :l

Mark
03-04-2012, 08:00 PM
Yeah I've had a virus before, my last one was about 2 or 3 years ago. I've got Trend Micro Anti Virus so I've not been infected since.

Paige.
03-04-2012, 08:12 PM
I've always been quite careful but this person I didn't even know seemed normal (they always do don't they) had a normal conversation with me and went look what my haters made about me it's awful and gave a link and naturally I clicked it.. and stupidly I clicked run when the java thing popped up:/
Yeah so it downloaded a keylogger onto my computer and he managed to get into everything LMAO not funny at the time though..
But yeah it had to be reformatted completely and I lost all my personal things and irreplaceable photographs.
Not fun :(

Moral of the story: DO NOT CLICK UNFAMILIAR LINKS

Kasabian
03-04-2012, 08:52 PM
Not for a long time.

Jack!
03-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Last one was around a week ago.

Bad Windows 7 64 bit torrent, bad.

Jordan
03-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Not for ages now!! It's so easy not to get one.

Chippiewill
03-04-2012, 09:20 PM
Not that I know of, although quite a few of us probably have viruses without realising nowadays considering they use rootkits and tend not to shout about it any-more.

Jurv
04-04-2012, 12:06 AM
i don't actually know if i've had one before or not. i'm certain there was one on my old computer because that just stopped working, but we never got it fixed and ended up throwing it away. since then i've had my own computer and laptop which i tend to keep well protected from viruses and other things. i usually scan those at least once every week.

:odey:
04-04-2012, 12:07 AM
When I get viruses, I do it good and proper.

And I mean, not just one virus, like a 1000 in one go.. :)

I seem quite good at that...

It's not happened recently though, thank god... (Touch Wood.)

Recursion
04-04-2012, 09:06 AM
I've always been quite careful but this person I didn't even know seemed normal (they always do don't they) had a normal conversation with me and went look what my haters made about me it's awful and gave a link and naturally I clicked it.. and stupidly I clicked run when the java thing popped up:/
Yeah so it downloaded a keylogger onto my computer and he managed to get into everything LMAO not funny at the time though..
But yeah it had to be reformatted completely and I lost all my personal things and irreplaceable photographs.
Not fun :(
Moral of the story: DO NOT CLICK UNFAMILIAR LINKS

... all those items would have been salvageable.

beth
04-04-2012, 09:07 AM
only the once back in 2010 xxMATTGxx; will remember the occasion fondly.

went to change my time/date and the whole thing went into lockdown, no idea how i got it. though we presume it was through another habboxlive DJ whose computer completely died on the same day haha.

Showder
04-04-2012, 09:09 AM
2 of my pc had to be reformmated because of a dating site i accidently clicked on.

​WOOPS.

=Lizzy
04-04-2012, 09:10 AM
i dont think i have (surprisingly)

love my anti virus :-)

Paige.
04-04-2012, 09:34 AM

the computer shop man said they couldn't be saved... i'm no computer genius ok

Catchy
04-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Years ago, I only go on websites which I know are safe now. Plus I run Mac OS X so it's harder to pick up visrus's than it is on Windows.

Vause
04-04-2012, 09:51 AM
I've not had a virus or anything in years, when i was younger i used to get them loads but now i'm smart and know what's safe and what isn't.

Succubus
04-04-2012, 09:59 AM
Yes, loads enough to say I've had a virus.
Had this computer when I was younger, absolutely destroyed it.

Matt
04-04-2012, 10:09 AM
I have had virus' on my windows computers, almost 1 every months lol! However i've moved to my macbook and macs are "immune" to virus' so no is the awnser :)

Matthew
04-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Not had a virus in a few years now :)

-Amyy
04-04-2012, 10:37 AM
Iv had one a few times and lost everything because I was stupid :P

Markeh
04-04-2012, 05:26 PM
My last one was May 2009 and from Skype. Later on while trying to reinstall Vista the Nvidia GPU in the laptop died, and it got replaced with my now dead dv6.

Chippiewill
04-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Assuming of course that you put the hard drive in another computer in read-only mode and virus scan the data first. Viruses sometimes have a habit of reinstalling themselves with windows.

Samantha
04-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Nah I haven't had one really, well a small one on my mums once but I can't remember how that happened. My sister had a pretty bad one in 2009 though.

Aaron
04-04-2012, 05:59 PM
I have yeah, but haven't had one for years.

Chris
04-04-2012, 08:12 PM
I cant remember the last time I had one tbh! My brother had one a while back though, wrecked his pc lol.

buttons
04-04-2012, 08:15 PM
idk i prob have one

JerseySafety
04-04-2012, 08:33 PM
yes once, now I'm smarter tho. anti virus ftw

Amberr
04-04-2012, 10:13 PM
yeah but it wasn't my fault. I leant my laptop to my mum for 5 minutes and she managed to put a virus on my computer which wiped my whole hard drive and cost £150 to recover.

David
04-04-2012, 10:35 PM
last one i had was years ago, just have to be smart about what you download.

peteyt
05-04-2012, 03:07 AM
I have had virus' on my windows computers, almost 1 every months lol! However i've moved to my macbook and macs are "immune" to virus' so no is the awnser :)

Sadly even Mac's aren't unbreakable they just have less viruses than windows- the virus developers see more money to be made in Windows but Mac's still get viruses and people who think that is impossible are probably more likely to fall for a virus than those who know the full risks.

I've had viruses before. We have always had a family computer but I have had my own for years and on my occasions I have had to fix the family computer from others messing with it e.g. clicking on pop-ups especially ones that pretend to find viruses - usually these security programs actually install viruses themselves and then charge you for their removal.

My best advice is to use trusted sources - if your going to be naughty and download illegally trusted sites with comments. Also remember to avoid opening links and attachments from unknown sources - if you receive a link that's been shortened e.g. on Twitter the link it points to if you don't know the person sending it is usually to a dodgy site.

Also I never click on links from banks - I often get fake emails from supposedly my bank - it will have the right link wrote on it but that is actually just the text e.g. you can have click here and a link you can also have www.bank.com like the click here text with another link really coded into it - usually hovering over the link on some browsers will show the true link at the bottom. However if an email seems real and your told to login with a link ignore the link and just login the normal way you do that way knowing your going to a trusted site.

Oh and if your signing up to new sites your unsure of use a password that if the site's owner managed to get hold of, he couldn't do any damage. Years ago I signed up to something and they actually stole the password and tried to use it but luckily I was able to beat them.

I'd love someone to actually create like a sandbox program online for running links virtually via a browser without any software - would be handy when checking dodgy looking links if your unsure of them.

Qzaki
05-04-2012, 06:15 AM
Virus? Psshhht those are the things of windows users!

But in all seriousness the last time I had one was about 2006. :(

Seikou
05-04-2012, 03:34 PM
yep, i seem to get a virus on every computer i own lmao

kitten
05-04-2012, 05:39 PM
probably, but the laptop i have now doesn't let viruses come through or something :s

peteyt
05-04-2012, 11:41 PM
Virus? Psshhht those are the things of windows users!

But in all seriousness the last time I had one was about 2006. :(

Lol did you just speak too soon *cough* Mac Trojans *cough*

Qzaki
06-04-2012, 01:24 AM
Lol did you just speak too soon *cough* Mac Trojans *cough*

oops..

Why fail me now Macintosh!

Plucked
06-04-2012, 02:56 AM
nope, never had one

Ashley
06-04-2012, 03:01 AM
Got one about a year ago that bypassed my anti-virus and completely destroyed my laptop. Although that was probably my fault for trying to delete it and accidentally deleting some important Registry Keys.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!