PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Battlefront III

Cwmbran
04-04-2012, 04:29 PM
Anyone remember the Battlefront series? God I miss them. Theres rumors Spark Unlimited are making this game, but it's been 7 years since the last installment I just want a new one. SWBF>COD&BF

Just stumbled across this video of what could have been Battlefront 3 if Free Radical didn't go bust back in 08.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvqyG9GR7jg&feature=related

Do you want to see a new SWBF?

:odey:
04-04-2012, 04:39 PM
I loved Battlefront 2,

Such a shame :(!

Some other company should pick up this project </3

Matthew
04-04-2012, 04:43 PM
I loved those games.

Spent ages playing them on my old xbox, they were great!

dbgtz
04-04-2012, 04:43 PM
You got me excited with this thread title :( I really want it, I loved the old battlefront games and to have online multiplayer games of that would be amazing.

Chris
04-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Battlefront 1 & 2 were my favourite ps2 games ever. When I saw the Battlefront 3 footage a few years ago I was quite impressed, but disappointed when I found out it had been cancelled. I've not seen this footage before though, and there are a lot of rumours going on at http://www.battlefront3.net/ if anyone is interested.

Cwmbran
04-04-2012, 04:53 PM
I loved Battlefront 2,

Such a shame :(!

Some other company should pick up this project </3
Apparently Spark Unlimited (They made a game called Legendary for PS3 which was aweful) have picked it up. Theyve been advertising jobs for people that have experience in sci-fi games. Theres also loads more proof which I would have to go and find if you want me too. Someone managed to ask a developer at Spark Unlimited via Twitter if they were making it and he said something along the lines of "We are working with Lucas Arts but can't confirm what game" or something similar.

You got me excited with this thread title :( I really want it, I loved the old battlefront games and to have online multiplayer games of that would be amazing.
Aha sorry. Did you never play SWBF2 Online? Was and still is one of the greatest online games I've played on the Xbox. I remember them releasing DLC of Kit Fisto and being excited all day in school to go home and play as him.

I loved those games.

Spent ages playing them on my old xbox, they were great!My life consisted of school then SWBF when I got home. They were so addictive.

:odey:
04-04-2012, 05:12 PM
I hope it is true that they've picked it up, and it's not shocking :/

I loved Hoth, it was such a good level on Battlefront 2, and Mos Eisley, ha :)

David
04-04-2012, 08:51 PM
would love a new one, used to play this series a lot when i was younger :P

samsaBEAR
06-04-2012, 10:06 AM
It would be awesome, but they need to retain what makes Battlefront good, it could so easily become a COD clone if the developers are lazy. I also hope that they'd keep maps from previous games, Hoth and Cloud City were awesome!

dbgtz
06-04-2012, 10:07 AM
It would be awesome, but they need to retain what makes Battlefront good, it could so easily become a COD clone if the developers are lazy. I also hope that they'd keep maps from previous games, Hoth and Cloud City were awesome!

Well they need to actually get someone developing it first :3. I think it was rumoured some studio picked it up so I'm hoping for some E3 reveal.

Cwmbran
07-04-2012, 01:10 AM
Well they need to actually get someone developing it first :3. I think it was rumoured some studio picked it up so I'm hoping for some E3 reveal.

Spark Unlimited has been rumoured to have been developing it for over a year now. They are making a "well known sci-fi third person shooter sequeal" that the first installment was not on the PS1 (Battlefront made its debut on PS2) and recently they had a secret meeting with a games studio in a restaraunt which is a 5minute walk away from the Lucas Arts studios.

This is the most excited ive ever been for E3.

dbgtz
07-04-2012, 10:25 AM
Spark Unlimited has been rumoured to have been developing it for over a year now. They are making a "well known sci-fi third person shooter sequeal" that the first installment was not on the PS1 (Battlefront made its debut on PS2) and recently they had a secret meeting with a games studio in a restaraunt which is a 5minute walk away from the Lucas Arts studios.

This is the most excited ive ever been for E3.

We just have to hope for a reveal.

Also I found this quite interesting: http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/04/03/star-wars-battlefront-3-files-discovered-on-resident-evil-raccoon-city-disc/

samsaBEAR
07-04-2012, 12:13 PM
If Battlefront 3 gets announced at E3 then I'll probably cry with happiness

MotorStefan95
07-04-2012, 12:15 PM
I loved this series too. I still have them both and play them on my PS3 at least once a month. Hopefully Battlefront 3 comes out and also has split screen. I loved inviting friends over to play it with me. I also played it with my younger brothers and sisters.

Cwmbran
07-04-2012, 03:12 PM
Gameplay footage of the training mission and first couple of story missions have been discoverd. http://www.battlefront3.net/2012/04/training-and-first-mission-footage-star-wars-battlefront-3/

Cwmbran
17-04-2012, 11:04 PM
Spark Unlimited announced they are making Lost Planet 3 not SWBF 3 :(

David
18-04-2012, 12:56 PM
That sucks :( wasn't the lost planet series a failure?

Chris
18-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Gutted! :( Spark were not allowed to confirm or even deny what they were making, however LucasArts could easily have said that Spark were not developing it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!