PDA

View Full Version : The Hunger Games

AlexJRiley
05-04-2012, 03:02 PM
With the new release of the film of Suzanne Collins' hunger games it dawns on me, if life was really like that how would I stay alive in the arena? What would be your talent and weapon of choice to get youa high score in the private training and the ever elusive victory in the arena? What would turn the odds to be ever in your favour?

:odey:
05-04-2012, 03:09 PM
I would probably just step off the podium early and blow myself up... Haha :)

No way would I survive any other way!

AlexJRiley
05-04-2012, 03:12 PM
I personally would just run in and ruck it out with the careers, i'm pretty fast and logical so get in, grab a weapon take out as many as I can and flee somewhere safe. Do a combination of foxface and katniss try and stick it out. Eventually whats left of the careers will die out due to lack of food because they're trained to fight with strength. Just gotta stay one step ahead of the game makers ;P

Amberr
05-04-2012, 03:21 PM

yeah i would probably do the same, at least it would be a quicker and less painful death :P

geo
05-04-2012, 03:41 PM
I'd like to be like Katniss with a bow and arrow, easy kill which doesn't mean you have to be too close to the enemy. I would probably get killed though, I can't run for very long and someone would get me, haha.

I'd also probably faint when I'm on the podium and then just of been blown sky high!

I'd be useless.

Jazz
05-04-2012, 03:43 PM
i would be the strong one, but not a career. like thresh or peeta

AlexJRiley
05-04-2012, 03:47 PM
SPOLER ALERT only read if you've read the books or its a big spoiler
You could be like Haymitch and outsmart all the other contestants or like Finnick and just be a boss :L

Seikou
05-04-2012, 07:56 PM
i'm not very strong or a good fighter but i'm quite smart so i could maybe outsmart them idk i'd still probably do awful though

05-04-2012, 11:19 PM
Would really depend on the type of arena, if you think about it.. haaaa :)

If it was like the arena in the second book, intelligence could definitely help :o!

I really didn't figure it out reading it until right at the very end.. haa :)

JerseySafety
05-04-2012, 11:22 PM
I'd run away :'( couldnt do it really.

sammy
05-04-2012, 11:22 PM
i'd probably do a foxface and just try and hide out as best as i could, i know i'd die eventually from hunger or thirst though. :P

Sloths
06-04-2012, 04:08 AM
I'm not strong or anything so I'd like to think I could maybe outsmart the others like Foxface and stick it out... or I guess stepping off the podium would be better and quicker death :P

kasi
06-04-2012, 04:28 AM
id prob be the first one to die tbh

Succubus
06-04-2012, 06:44 AM
I'm pretty strong, so maybe if I grab my hands on a few weapons and make my way back out I'd have a chance.
Also survival is one of knowledgeable factors so I think I'll survive!

#BringItOnCareers

---------- Post added 06-04-2012 at 06:46 AM ----------

I'm not strong or anything so I'd like to think I could maybe outsmart the others like Foxface and stick it out... or I guess stepping off the podium would be better and quicker death :P

I'll team up with you and outsmart every one ;)

Eric
06-04-2012, 09:30 AM
i'd just kill anybody until i die in the arena. lol

Inseriousity.
06-04-2012, 09:46 AM

omg i said to myself i would do the same :P

Succubus
06-04-2012, 09:59 AM
omg i said to myself i would do the same :P

Wouldn't be the best way to die, I would expect you to at least try :P

Empired
06-04-2012, 10:15 AM
You sound slightly like Effie here?? :rolleyes:

I would turn cannibal like the guy did however many years ago it was because I don't think I could mentally cope with being in the arena, but I wouldn't have the courage to kill myself either :(

Succubus
06-04-2012, 10:18 AM
You sound slightly like Effie here?? :rolleyes:

I would turn cannibal like the guy did however many years ago it was because I don't think I could mentally cope with being in the arena, but I wouldn't have the courage to kill myself either :(

Spoiler, dont read if you haven't read the first book
Oh god that guy who ate people when they died, horrid bit in the book

Aha My god I do sound like Effie!
And killing yourself? That would be one of the hardest things to do in the arena. Epesh with the Districts family watching.

AlexJRiley
06-04-2012, 10:22 AM
I loved the bit where she mentions the guy who ate people, I found it hilarious guess im just a bit sick in the head like that.
Thresh you you expected to be a career did pretty well for himself over the drop of the cliff, although you never really find out how which annoyed me to no end.

06-04-2012, 10:29 AM

I think I'd rather be in charge of my own death rather than someone else :(!

Succubus
06-04-2012, 10:57 AM
I think I'd rather be in charge of my own death rather than someone else :(!

True but then you miss all the epic rush!@!
I'd rather die trying then not at all.
Be a katniss and be clever ;)

06-04-2012, 11:01 AM
True but then you miss all the epic rush!@!
I'd rather die trying then not at all.
Be a katniss and be clever ;)

I guess, protect your families honour fighting for your life! :P

Succubus
06-04-2012, 11:10 AM
I guess, protect your families honour fighting for your life! :P

I guess so aha!!
Join Mah career pack and we will out smart the peacemakers/Gamemakers ;)

Career pack:
@1umbrella1 (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=56799); @BamitsElfie! (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=80588);

Any more? ;)

06-04-2012, 11:14 AM
I guess so aha!!

Career pack:
@1umbrella1 (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=56799); @BamitsElfie! (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=80588);

Any more? ;)

I think I would have to join a pack if I wasn't going to kill myself at the start! :P

I know no basic survival skills at all.. haha :)

Sloths
06-04-2012, 11:14 AM
I guess so aha!!

Career pack:

Any more? ;)
Yeshh I'll bring smartness, I'm afraid that's all I have to bring I'll just sit and look pretty like Peeta ;)

Succubus
06-04-2012, 11:20 AM
I think I would have to join a pack if I wasn't going to kill myself at the start! :P

I know no basic survival skills at all.. haha :)

Yeshh I'll bring smartness, I'm afraid that's all I have to bring I'll just sit and look pretty like Peeta ;)

Then aren't ye all glad I do kickboxing ;) Provides us with strength!
Besides you would most likely form an alliance ship before the arena because the careers always go with each other at the start of training so I guess allies happen then :P

Sloths
06-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Bring on training then MariaHopez; looks like you'll be fab in the camo section what with your fab icing skills ;)

Succubus
06-04-2012, 11:25 AM
Bring on training then @MariaHopez (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=90418); looks like you'll be fab in the camo section what with your fab icing skills ;)

Do I really need to post a picture of my cake that I iced?
Aha I sure will be great at applying camo..
Besides you're more like foxface!

Sloths
06-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Do I really need to post a picture of my cake that I iced?
Aha I sure will be great at applying camo..
Besides you're more like foxface!

No, we don't all need to be scarred again ;)
I'll be pro at that maching game like old foxface!

Succubus
06-04-2012, 11:31 AM
No, we don't all need to be scarred again ;)
I'll be pro at that maching game like old foxface!

Scared of my icing?
Sure, just let me know when you can jump and be that cunning :rolleyes:

I'm more like glimmer and katniss put togther, victor and career ;)

Sloths
06-04-2012, 11:34 AM
Scared of my icing?
Sure, just let me know when you can jump and be that cunning :rolleyes:

I'm more like glimmer and katniss put togther, victor and career ;)

Noo Scarred not scared.... did I spell that right? Scarred for life ;)
jump....what?

Empired
06-04-2012, 11:51 AM
I'd be Cato and...
...be fabulous all the way through until I get ripped to shreds by the muttations :(

Wahoo what a fine life

Andii
06-04-2012, 12:00 PM
my skill would be my bow and arrow and that im really fast and swift so i think tbh i would survive :D probably win as im good at climbing trees lol

06-04-2012, 12:18 PM
I'd be Cato and...
...be fabulous all the way through until I get ripped to shreds by the muttations :(

Wahoo what a fine life

Just better hope they don't have them in your games.. haha :)

DON'T LET THEM KNOW YOUR WEAKNESS. :P

Empired
06-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Just better hope they don't have them in your games.. haha :)

DON'T LET THEM KNOW YOUR WEAKNESS. :P
I'll be fine as long as none of you become Gamemakers in the next three years...

06-04-2012, 02:54 PM
I'll be fine as long as none of you become Gamemakers in the next three years...

If I had to pick anything to be out of The Hunger Games I think I'd like to be a gamemaker, as evil as it sounds.. haha :)

AlexJRiley
06-04-2012, 02:57 PM

I'd love to be a gamemaker, id constantly have the outer ring of the arena falling away, no weapons in the arena, over a month the only thing left is the cornucopia. Just using what you can make yourself or your firsts. Id had no food in the arena either so either you survive off your own knowledge and skills or you die!

06-04-2012, 02:59 PM
I'd love to be a gamemaker, id constantly have the outer ring of the arena falling away, no weapons in the arena, over a month the only thing left is the cornucopia. Just using what you can make yourself or your firsts. Id had no food in the arena either so either you survive off your own knowledge and skills or you die!

Wouldn't be a very good show if they all died from falling off the edge of the arena / starvation..? :P

"All they want is a good show.."

AlexJRiley
06-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Wouldn't be a very good show if they all died from falling off the edge of the arena / starvation..? :P

"All they want is a good show.."

But theres also a chance it would make it far better, because people would be driven to killed and caniballism. Also in the future years the careers will be trained for survival as well as strength making much better games in the future!

Empired
06-04-2012, 03:16 PM
But theres also a chance it would make it far better, because people would be driven to killed and caniballism.

They killed off that guy who turned to cannibalism because nobody wants a mental victor!!
And as for your idea, I think everyone would end up dying from starvation or falling over the edge :(

I think it would be interesting to make a Districts Arena, so a much smaller version of all the districts. It would affect some of the tributes so much, the crowd would be in floods.

AlexJRiley
06-04-2012, 03:25 PM
They killed off that guy who turned to cannibalism because nobody wants a mental victor!!
And as for your idea, I think everyone would end up dying from starvation or falling over the edge :(

I think it would be interesting to make a Districts Arena, so a much smaller version of all the districts. It would affect some of the tributes so much, the crowd would be in floods.

But you're forgetting you've also got the supporters to send food and weapons, theres nothing to stop them doing so. They could get anything at all so the least likely to win could end up with the best arsenal because he/she could outsmart the others

06-04-2012, 03:30 PM

It would be good if they made an arena out of like, everyone's trashed districts..

Like the remains of bombed 12

Like, identical replicas of sections of their districts, but destroyed, that would be an amazing personal touch.. :P

Would drive some of them crazy probably :)

The Don
06-04-2012, 03:41 PM
my skill would be my bow and arrow and that im really fast and swift so i think tbh i would survive :D probably win as im good at climbing trees lol

Lol if I saw someone in a tree I would set fire to it

AlexJRiley
06-04-2012, 03:45 PM
It would be good if they made an arena out of like, everyone's trashed districts..

Like the remains of bombed 12

Like, identical replicas of sections of their districts, but destroyed, that would be an amazing personal touch.. :P

Would drive some of them crazy probably :)

or even an area with 12 sectors each relating to the trade of the district, so mining for 12, orchards (mostly poisonous) for 11, fishing and such for 4 etc. would be mental give each district (par 12 due to having to be 18 to go into the mines) a leg up on the competition in their sector due to having information about it already

06-04-2012, 03:47 PM
or even an area with 12 sectors each relating to the trade of the district, so mining for 12, orchards (mostly poisonous) for 11, fishing and such for 4 etc. would be mental give each district (par 12 due to having to be 18 to go into the mines) a leg up on the competition in their sector due to having information about it already

I don't think the Gamemakers would mine too much about the age restriction on the mines in the arena, I think they've put them in quite a lot of danger as it is.. haha :)

AlexJRiley
06-04-2012, 03:49 PM
I don't think the Gamemakers would mine too much about the age restriction on the mines in the arena, I think they've put them in quite a lot of danger as it is.. haha :)

nono I mean in the actual district they have to be 18 to go into the mines to work :P

Andii
06-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Lol if I saw someone in a tree I would set fire to it

but you wouldn't be able to see me :D i said im a great climber so i could do a RUE stunt and just go from tree to tree lol

Oleh
06-04-2012, 04:03 PM
I'd love to be in it, Strength & a Bow, Cause I am strong & relatively composed with a bow. Hype. I'd love to just scream BOOM HEADSHOT though.

Empired
06-04-2012, 04:10 PM
The Hunger Games are fab though, it's interesting to see so many people discussing "politics" (in the Games) without even noticing :P

AlexJRiley
06-04-2012, 04:14 PM
The Hunger Games are fab though, it's interesting to see so many people discussing "politics" (in the Games) without even noticing :P

Politics is involved in everything nowadays :P
Only read if you've read mockingjay
Love'd the end of mockingjay, Katniss kills Coin, Snow coughs himself to death Katniss, Peeta and Haymitch go home and theres lil Katniss' and Peetas. Love it!

Nikki
06-04-2012, 10:33 PM
The spoilers on the thread are so tempting!(but thank god, people used spoilers) I watched the film on an advanced screening and loved it.. so intense!But can't read the books until my exams are over because I'll spend all my time reading. :rolleyes:

I was discussing what we would do with my friends, I would say that I would have go to the cornucopia and grab something, so i at least have a chance, i can't imagine you'd get too far without anything... also actually really good at climbing trees, so i would just hang high until there wasn't many people left and come down when i needed to. Or i would try and make an alliance with someone...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!