PDA

View Full Version : Posters

GirlNextDoor15
07-04-2012, 05:54 AM
Do you collect posters?

IF YES :
What posters do you usually collect? Where do you put them? Why do you collect them? How big are your posters?

IF NO:
Why don't you collect posters?

I don't collect posters although I can understand why some of my friends collect them. The posters they usually collect are posters of Japanese artists, One Direction, actors or actresses and so on. They got them from magazines and so the size of them is probably A4, I think. :) Other than that, isn't it weird they don't put them on the wall? Sometimes, they fold it and put it into files etc. but I thought folding it would somehow ruin it. Even if they put them on the wall, it's just one or two. I know that because I went to their houses before. So, what about you?

Let's discuss!

geo
07-04-2012, 09:28 AM
I don't collect any but I have some in my room.

Umm, I don't really feel the need to collect them and I can't stand having my room cluttered in posters on my wall. I would never buy posters that I won't put on my wall, they'll just go in the bin eventually.

I have a Harry Styles, Liam Payne & Niall Horan one. I would've got the rest but I didn't know where I'd put them!!

GirlNextDoor15
07-04-2012, 09:38 AM
I don't collect any but I have some in my room.

Umm, I don't really feel the need to collect them and I can't stand having my room cluttered in posters on my wall. I would never buy posters that I won't put on my wall, they'll just go in the bin eventually.

I have a Harry Styles, Liam Payne & Niall Horan one. I would've got the rest but I didn't know where I'd put them!!

Oh. Where do you get them from? Magazines or what? And exactly! I'd rather have a calender in my room than posters. You can like stick them on your desk? haha I used to do that with tiny pictures of beyonce, not posters though. it was my school desk and teachers would be coming to my desk and look at it.. so awkward

geo
07-04-2012, 09:41 AM
Oh. Where do you get them from? Magazines or what? And exactly! I'd rather have a calender in my room than posters. You can like stick them on your desk? haha I used to do that with tiny pictures of beyonce, not posters though. it was my school desk and teachers would be coming to my desk and look at it.. so awkward

I get the huge posters from HMV. If I like a poster I like having really good ones, haha.
THEY DONT HAVE PIXIE LOTT ONES THOUGH???????????

GirlNextDoor15
07-04-2012, 09:48 AM
I get the huge posters from HMV. If I like a poster I like having really good ones, haha.
THEY DONT HAVE PIXIE LOTT ONES THOUGH???????????

that's cool. all my friends got here are A4 size. I'm sure certain magazines will have pixie lott's posters? have you heard of galaxie magazine? I dont know if there's a version of galaxie uk magazine. I don't really buy this type of mags but I did browse through and I saw pixie lott's poster a few times before.

geo
07-04-2012, 10:04 AM
that's cool. all my friends got here are A4 size. I'm sure certain magazines will have pixie lott's posters? have you heard of galaxie magazine? I dont know if there's a version of galaxie uk magazine. I don't really buy this type of mags but I did browse through and I saw pixie lott's poster a few times before.

I don't really like buying small posters, I used to have loads of small Pixie Lott ones but meh, they weren't that great. I think I'll just buy some off ebay soon. :P

Misawa
07-04-2012, 10:11 AM
Original theatrical one-sheets and signed quads/one-sheets.

Samantha.
07-04-2012, 10:12 AM
I don't really collect them, I have two Olly Murs posters in my room but I don't have loads. I don't really like to have a lot of stuff on my wall because it makes my room smaller than it already is but I love Olly Murs!

Sloths
07-04-2012, 10:41 AM
I used to have the old movie posters from cinema etc but I pulled them all down as my walls looked cluttered, my friend has those a4 posters from the magazine posted over like every inch of her walls its kinda creepy going into her room and seeing all the faces staring at you lmao :P

Samantha
07-04-2012, 10:43 AM
I used to have a Super Mario Bros. one with all the characters but it got a little ripped after it fell off the wall. I only got it because my sister was getting a Justin Bieber one.

They don't really appeal to me but my sister has 1D ones and Justin Bieber ones all over our bedroom. They come in handy if theres a spider crawling down our wall though as you can hear it's little arachnid legs :P!

GirlNextDoor15
07-04-2012, 10:49 AM
I used to have the old movie posters from cinema etc but I pulled them all down as my walls looked cluttered, my friend has those a4 posters from the magazine posted over like every inch of her walls its kinda creepy going into her room and seeing all the faces staring at you lmao :P

omg yes you're right. What movies are there? Like breakfast at tiffany's? hehe just a guess. I would like to have a few old movie posters although I don't really collect them. And I understand. It's like they are staring at you when you're trying to undress etc. haha

I used to have a Super Mario Bros. one with all the characters but it got a little ripped after it fell off the wall. I only got it because my sister was getting a Justin Bieber one.

They don't really appeal to me but my sister has 1D ones and Justin Bieber ones all over our bedroom. They come in handy if theres a spider crawling down our wall though as you can hear it's little arachnid legs :P!

ok that's another creepy one. super mario's a game right?

Sloths
07-04-2012, 11:00 AM
omg yes you're right. What movies are there? Like breakfast at tiffany's? hehe just a guess. I would like to have a few old movie posters although I don't really collect them. And I understand. It's like they are staring at you when you're trying to undress etc. haha
Oh oops didn't word 'old' right ;) just ones from like a few years ago like angus thongs and perfect snogging. They were like A1 I think, all I remember is being woken up by the one above my bed falling down on my head :P Oh the creepy ones I had one of twilight when I went through that phase and omg it's really creepy having Edward Cullen staring down at you all day every day lucky that phase didnt last long :P

Samantha
07-04-2012, 11:01 AM

ok that's another creepy one. super mario's a game right?

Yeah it's a game. Oo I forgot I used to have posters from the dandy comment all over the walls which annoyed my sister which is always a bonus. I find posters kinda creepy especially those with people in as the.eyes.follow you

Empired
07-04-2012, 11:16 AM
I'm very picky about posters, I only have a very few which I have to absolutely adore.. They're all of films except the one I've got of The Beatles doing that famous thing on the zebra crossing. I don't like them very much, but I like the picture :P

Cerys
07-04-2012, 11:19 AM
I don't collect them, I just buy the ones that I think look cool etc.

I have 2 Paramore, 1 All Time Low, 1 My Chemical Romance, 3 Green Day, 3 Blink182, 1 Lost Prophets, 1 Fall Out Boy, 2 We Are The In Crowd, 4 System of a down, 2 The Pretty Reckless, and 1 Evanescence. xD

We live in one of those victorian houses, so the roofs are really high, but we still have to put a few posters on the roof xD

I recently bought a Muppets one too :)

But you should see my friends room.... There is actually no wall space left!
I think Abi's (Midnight)'s room is like that, too.

Elegance
07-04-2012, 11:38 AM
i collect LOADS of posters, i buy alter the press and kerrang! magazine and they contain a bunch of posters every week.

large posters i have: 2 all time low, 4 paramore, 2 nevershoutnever, 5 my chemical romance, panic! at the disco, 2 slipknot, black veil brides, and bring me the horizon.

i've got tons of a4 but they're from magazines, i collected my chemical romance posters for like 2 years and my cousin gave me LOADS that date back to 2006 (they're all magazine clippings) that i once covered my wall in, i ended up taking them down because they started ripping and falling off during the night.

i've filled 2 walls in my room with posters, we've pasted most of the bigger ones onto my wall, it looks messy but it comforts me somehow. i need a ladder and then i'll do my roof as that's the only part of my wall i haven't done yet.

buttons
07-04-2012, 11:48 AM
i have a poster of malfoy i got when like the 2nd movie came out muhaha it's under my bed tho :l + i have a few a4posters of korean men (a)

GirlNextDoor15
07-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Oh oops didn't word 'old' right ;) just ones from like a few years ago like angus thongs and perfect snogging. They were like A1 I think, all I remember is being woken up by the one above my bed falling down on my head :P Oh the creepy ones I had one of twilight when I went through that phase and omg it's really creepy having Edward Cullen staring down at you all day every day lucky that phase didnt last long :P

Ohhh. I get it. Haha. and 'that phase'. I also went through that phase before lol. i understand you. :) but no, i never collect their posters or merchandises.

i collect LOADS of posters, i buy alter the press and kerrang! magazine and they contain a bunch of posters every week.

large posters i have: 2 all time low, 4 paramore, 2 nevershoutnever, 5 my chemical romance, panic! at the disco, 2 slipknot, black veil brides, and bring me the horizon.

i've got tons of a4 but they're from magazines, i collected my chemical romance posters for like 2 years and my cousin gave me LOADS that date back to 2006 (they're all magazine clippings) that i once covered my wall in, i ended up taking them down because they started ripping and falling off during the night.

i've filled 2 walls in my room with posters, we've pasted most of the bigger ones onto my wall, it looks messy but it comforts me somehow. i need a ladder and then i'll do my roof as that's the only part of my wall i haven't done yet.

goodness me. you really sure you wanna paste them on your ceiling? what if they fall off? that's a lot of hassle.

I'm very picky about posters, I only have a very few which I have to absolutely adore.. They're all of films except the one I've got of The Beatles doing that famous thing on the zebra crossing. I don't like them very much, but I like the picture :P

The Beatles' posters will be very valuable, I guess. They've got lots of fans. :P

i have a poster of malfoy i got when like the 2nd movie came out muhaha it's under my bed tho :l + i have a few a4posters of korean men (a)

I'M JELLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Although I don't collect posters, but I like Harry Potter and other characters. Malfoy is a nice one. He's sexyyy js. My personal taste in men is ****. did you put it under your bed cause you don't like it or what? :( and eeekk a poster of lee min ho, kim hyun joong and jang geun suk would be perfecttttt!

Lee
07-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Not really, I don't really want to have them in my room making my walls look messy :L

dirrty
07-04-2012, 02:18 PM
i haven't had posters at home before as my mum doesn't want stuff on the walls, but i did have a few posters in halls last year, but cba to put em up at my house...tbf i don't even know where they are. was a big drinking games poster, big wheres wally poster and something else but can't remember

beth
07-04-2012, 02:35 PM
when i was about 14 i covered my walls in everything, song lyrics, pictures (MAINLY THE USED I WILL ADMIT) but they're all down now.

http://i.imgur.com/wsjHZ.jpg

Jurv
07-04-2012, 03:02 PM
i used to have loads of wwe posters of all my favourite wrestlers when i was in primary but i took them all down and only have canvas's and actual pictures with frames now. i prefer it too, posters irritate me when they fall off the wall or rip.

buttons
07-04-2012, 04:29 PM
I'M JELLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Although I don't collect posters, but I like Harry Potter and other characters. Malfoy is a nice one. He's sexyyy js. My personal taste in men is ****. did you put it under your bed cause you don't like it or what? :( and eeekk a poster of lee min ho, kim hyun joong and jang geun suk would be perfecttttt!
well nah it's under my bed cause he was like a 2nd year in the picture and that's CREEPY. i loved malfoy all throughout though, yum. my pictures are of yesung from super junior but i wouldn't mind waking up to jang geun suk in the morning ;D

Succubus
07-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Not at all, I prefer the old plain walls with paint. Much more better looking then having half tacked paper stuck to your wall.
Admittedly I did have loads of bands etc, but they just bore me now and look so tacky. Besides my walls are like the roof shape way so I couldn't really have a poster without ducking under and looking up :rolleyes:

Eric
08-04-2012, 01:48 AM
i have one piece, naruto shippuden, black butler posters and more. most of them are anime posters.

Seikou
10-04-2012, 03:37 PM
i had loads in my old room, but then i took them all down after a while because they were constantly falling off the wall, i don't have any in my new room.

David
10-04-2012, 03:56 PM
same as Jurv; I had quite a lot WWE Posters, all gone now though. all I've got on my wall is a dart board and a Skyrim map.
don't really see the appeal in it, my plain walls are fine.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!