PDA

View Full Version : Xbox, Wii & Playstation somewhat confirmed.

Oleh
09-04-2012, 03:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAAPYFZmj3g

Thoughts?

Chris
09-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Nothing has been officially confirmed? We only know that the new Wii will be appearing but anything on xbox or ps4 is just speculation...

dbgtz
09-04-2012, 03:40 PM
The title is a bit misleading considering a PS/Xbox reveal are still rumours with the next Wii having already been announced, just not heavily shown off.

Oleh
09-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Edited title to not be misleading :(

GommeInc
09-04-2012, 10:31 PM
I always thought IGN was a reputable source, but that video was just a load of babble. I swear she was entering a competition to see how much information she can cram into a 2 minute, 30 second video. It's far too early to be discussing the PS3 and the new Xbox. There's no point getting hyped up over what is to come and unwise to speculate over empty news.

dbgtz
09-04-2012, 10:51 PM
I always thought IGN was a reputable source, but that video was just a load of babble. I swear she was entering a competition to see how much information she can cram into a 2 minute, 30 second video. It's far too early to be discussing the PS3 and the new Xbox. There's no point getting hyped up over what is to come and unwise to speculate over empty news.

Why is it too early? The announcement is inevitable and E3 is in two months (June 5-7).

Chippiewill
10-04-2012, 12:00 AM
It's far too early to be discussing the PS3.
I think we're getting to the point where maybe we can start discussing the PS3.. like five years ago. :P

Neversoft
10-04-2012, 12:32 AM
I will punch an ant in the throat if they do call them the PS4 and Xbox 720. Can the names get anymore uninspired?

Neil
10-04-2012, 02:30 PM
PS4 Would be a stupid move on Sonys part but Microsoft on the other hand, they need to sort themselves out, the 360 can do some pretty impressive things even now but it's expired and we need better hardware, the PS3 will probably be able to handle the next gen of games without much issue so to even consider making a new Playstation this early would be just plain dumb.

dbgtz
10-04-2012, 03:10 PM
I will punch an ant in the throat if they do call them the PS4 and Xbox 720. Can the names get anymore uninspired?

PS4 name is almost a certainty, but I personally doubt the next Xbox will be the "Xbox 720".

PS4 Would be a stupid move on Sonys part but Microsoft on the other hand, they need to sort themselves out, the 360 can do some pretty impressive things even now but it's expired and we need better hardware, the PS3 will probably be able to handle the next gen of games without much issue so to even consider making a new Playstation this early would be just plain dumb.

Well it wouldn't really, PS3 and Xbox multiplatform titles look and run almost indentically for the most part and it is often said that the year later release hurt sales.

Chippiewill
10-04-2012, 04:11 PM
the PS3 will probably be able to handle the next gen of games without much issue so to even consider making a new Playstation this early would be just plain dumb.

Agreed, developers already know how to develop for the PS3 so it'll perform better at first than the Xbox replacement. However I personally think that Sony should get out developer hardware at a similar time to the replacement Xbox release so that developers can hit the ground running on the PS4 release.

Neil
10-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Well it wouldn't really, PS3 and Xbox multiplatform titles look and run almost indentically for the most part and it is often said that the year later release hurt sales.

Most multiplatform games are designed with both consoles in mind, we know the PS3 can do better than it currently shows, the hardware isn't being pushed by third-party developers as much as it should be, the PS3 hardware is somewhat out of date but it has a lot of potential and the 360 simply can't keep up with it.
Sony doesn't need a year later, they said themselves this console should last until 2016 or whatever, I don't see it lasting that long but I don't think we'll be needing another one for another 3 or so years to be honest.

Agreed, developers already know how to develop for the PS3 so it'll perform better at first than the Xbox replacement. However I personally think that Sony should get out developer hardware at a similar time to the replacement Xbox release so that developers can hit the ground running on the PS4 release.

I imagine developers will work on whatever is easier really, after a new xbox comes out I would expect games to be developed for PS3 then ported to xbox but who knows what would happen down the line after that.

dbgtz
10-04-2012, 04:27 PM
Most multiplatform games are designed with both consoles in mind, we know the PS3 can do better than it currently shows, the hardware isn't being pushed by third-party developers as much as it should be, the PS3 hardware is somewhat out of date but it has a lot of potential and the 360 simply can't keep up with it.
Sony doesn't need a year later, they said themselves this console should last until 2016 or whatever, I don't see it lasting that long but I don't think we'll be needing another one for another 3 or so years to be honest.

A 10 year plan yes, but the PS2 also had a 10 year plan. It doesn't mean they can't overlap. I'll agree with that it isn't being push as much but if there were to be ports from the next Xbox, it would be very inferior still which I'd put down to the graphics card. I do hope in the next PS they do keep the cell processor and the rumours aren't true as it is the main reason why PS3 exclusive games look so nice graphically.

Neil
10-04-2012, 04:36 PM
A 10 year plan yes, but the PS2 also had a 10 year plan. It doesn't mean they can't overlap. I'll agree with that it isn't being push as much but if there were to be ports from the next Xbox, it would be very inferior still which I'd put down to the graphics card. I do hope in the next PS they do keep the cell processor and the rumours aren't true as it is the main reason why PS3 exclusive games look so nice graphically.

I don't think the PS3 would be much behind the next xbox, unless they push for better processing power than the PS3, hopefully something a little less complex so we don't have a year of terrible ports, I think if it's mostly a graphical update the new xbox might have the same problem the current has and simply wont have the processing power to take advantage of graphical abilities, that's really the only thing the PS3 has over the current xbox so hopefully they work on that a bit.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Sony stopped doing consoles, it seems they're losing their touch, while I personally love the Vita, it hasn't exactly been a success, the PS3 wasn't exactly what I would call a success either when it launched, it did well but it wasn't really helping Sony out much.

GommeInc
10-04-2012, 09:38 PM
I think we're getting to the point where maybe we can start discussing the PS3.. like five years ago. :P
Hush you, I wasn't paying attention :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!