PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] The Bobba Filter.

BLuweesH
28-08-2005, 05:10 AM
Now it's time for my turn of complaints. :P

Of course the filter is ridiculous but it's for our own purpose. I reckon if people used words in a less dirty context or whatever, we wouldn't have it filtered really! Because of people going overboard with words and such so often they've had to filter it...

What got to me the most was when they filtered "Bj". Of course we all know the dirty meaning of it, but it was barely used apart from those that needed to use it often and arrrrrrr they filtered it!

Now when people call my name (most call me Bjay anyway) if they call me by oldschool name and say: "Bj <3" it usually comes up as 'bobba <3'.

Twice also, I've had my other Habbo account "Bjay" banned twice for unacceptable name. Arrr it must have been some strict Hobba! But at least after reporting it I got it lifted by mods and also an apology. That was OK. Still bothered me. :P

Anyway yeh I just had to rant, haha. :) :P

dannyboymed.
28-08-2005, 05:12 AM
Yeah... They do treat us like 7 year olds. It's too annoying. You think they'd unbobba some words =/

BLuweesH
28-08-2005, 05:13 AM
Yeah... They do treat us like 7 year olds. It's too annoying. You think they'd unbobba some words =/
Least you didn't get banned lol.

eS-
28-08-2005, 05:46 AM
haha, good rant?.

Jashmine
28-08-2005, 05:48 AM
The bobba filter is so annoying >_<
I really hate how they have certain words filtered... Like
"Yes except ... "

BLuweesH
28-08-2005, 05:53 AM
"Yes except ... "

It never used to be filtered, till people needed to avoid it so much and they filtered it.

haha, good rant?.

Heterodox
28-08-2005, 08:29 AM
I want that back were u could turn off the filter :(

BLuweesH
28-08-2005, 08:53 AM
I want that back were u could turn off the filter :(

Ohh true bru.

Cool-kitten007
28-08-2005, 09:14 AM
Lmao i remember when they filtered the word pizza or Sommink
I reckon they should only Filter the 4 Main words
and you should no the
f...
s...
b......
c.... :P

BLuweesH
28-08-2005, 09:21 AM
Lmao i remember when they filtered the word pizza or Sommink
I reckon they should only Filter the 4 Main words
and you should no the
f...
s...
b......
c.... :P

Pizza? There was a protest, haha.

kaut
28-08-2005, 10:00 AM
I remember when me and friends would sit in our room and try to figure out all the words that were filtered back in 2002. It was always funny to see what was and what wasn't but should've been filtered. The word "Bobba" also found it's way into our every day lexicon in highschool as a joke. Instead of cursing we'd just look at each other and angrily shout out "Bobba!"

But back to topic, I really hate it when you're trying to talk and unknowingly you've set off their bobba machine. Sometimes I can't even figure out why half of two words were filtered out.

BLuweesH
28-08-2005, 10:18 AM
I remember when me and friends would sit in our room and try to figure out all the words that were filtered back in 2002. It was always funny to see what was and what wasn't but should've been filtered. The word "Bobba" also found it's way into our every day lexicon in highschool as a joke. Instead of cursing we'd just look at each other and angrily shout out "Bobba!"

But back to topic, I really hate it when you're trying to talk and unknowingly you've set off their bobba machine. Sometimes I can't even figure out why half of two words were filtered out.
LMAO! 3 years ago when I just use to use Habbo for chatting with my friends we found it how they used 'Bobba' so we all used 'Bobba' at certain times. :P

kaut
28-08-2005, 10:21 AM
"Bobba" is one of those double-edged swords. I hate the censorship part of it and it gets annoying at times... but at the same time it's kind of fun in it's own way.

Rebecca
28-08-2005, 10:22 AM
Now when people call my name (most call me Bjay anyway) if they call me by oldschool name and say: "Bj <3" it usually comes up as 'bobba <3'.

yeh but blu yew gotta b careful. my habbo name came up as bobba and then i got a perm,.. . so. watch

BLuweesH
28-08-2005, 10:24 AM

yeh but blu yew gotta b careful. my habbo name came up as bobba and then i got a perm,.. . so. watch

Yeh but you couldn't use it in non-offensive terms. :S Bjay is my name! That's a different scenario altogether. :P But I mean if I was using it for banable purposes, then fair enough.

Rebecca
28-08-2005, 10:26 AM
hrm... i hate this damn lagg i cnt msg yew all >.<

BLuweesH
28-08-2005, 10:28 AM
hrm... i hate this damn lagg i cnt msg yew all >.<

There's no lag on the forum? o.o :P

Rebecca
28-08-2005, 10:29 AM
ANO ON HABBO YEW DWEEB :P

Bef
28-08-2005, 10:30 AM
Im still crying over the filtering of Huump!
It used to be my favourite Habbo passtime and i cant say letherhuuump any more either. :[
Some words r patheticly bobbad like licck and suuck. I no they could be used in naughty ways but they come into the english language on a daily bases and i cant think of any words to use instead. If people really want to swear then its very easy to actually avoid the filter and its getting ridiculous now. Every sentence i write on habbo contains one un-needed bobba.

Rebecca
28-08-2005, 10:37 AM
yeh well yoo cn say humpz lolz i lyke tht word

BLuweesH
28-08-2005, 10:38 AM
Im still crying over the filtering of Huump!
It used to be my favourite Habbo passtime and i cant say letherhuuump any more either. :[
Some words r patheticly bobbad like licck and suuck. I no they could be used in naughty ways but they come into the english language on a daily bases and i cant think of any words to use instead. If people really want to swear then its very easy to actually avoid the filter and its getting ridiculous now. Every sentence i write on habbo contains one un-needed bobba.

It was fine, till people over-used it and obviously they get call for helps and complaints, etc etc and now it's filtered. :') At least it's not someone's name like mine lmao, my old school name = filtered. WEEHAHAHAH. :'( :P

Smits
28-08-2005, 10:39 AM
some words are filtered for better others are filtered for nothing :P

Rebecca
28-08-2005, 10:39 AM
*i humpz jooo*

Bef
28-08-2005, 10:45 AM
Lmao. I have a feeling that spank will be bobbad soon... Ive had so many habbo names banned for being unnaceptable... but most of them were unaceptable... like ****ee and peenas, id hate it if my name was bobbad. At one point i think Ef was bobbad because everyone was saying it instead of the F word but that could be my twisted memory working wrong... In which case my name "Bef" was bobbad... Meehh, hangover...

Smits
28-08-2005, 10:47 AM
yes but some ppl et banned for having names like

:.:!S@M!:.: which is filtered for some reason

BLuweesH
28-08-2005, 10:50 AM
Lmao. I have a feeling that spank will be bobbad soon... Ive had so many habbo names banned for being unnaceptable... but most of them were unaceptable... like ****ee and peenas, id hate it if my name was bobbad. At one point i think Ef was bobbad because everyone was saying it instead of the F word but that could be my twisted memory working wrong... In which case my name "Bef" was bobbad... Meehh, hangover...

I bet they're gonna filter "fork" soon. =\

Rebecca
28-08-2005, 10:51 AM
its just getting out of hand we cnt say i have 69 days of hc bcoz all the noobs have used the word for syburr >.< i got banned for saying tht i had 69 days when i actually did

BLuweesH
28-08-2005, 10:58 AM
its just getting out of hand we cnt say i have 69 days of hc bcoz all the noobs have used the word for syburr >.< i got banned for saying tht i had 69 days when i actually did
Yup, but Habbo has to do its job. :P :D

mat64
28-08-2005, 02:25 PM
The stupidist thing i've seen is that 1,000,000 is filtered. Why?

Scottishism
28-08-2005, 03:50 PM
If They bobba Things Like 1,000,000 And **** Ect
Why Dont They Bobba Things Like Pmsl :l
Ive Not really Seen the term 'Pmsl' That Much Anymore

eS-
28-08-2005, 03:53 PM
"Yes except ... "

Yeah, Its filtered because it says se'x

Ye"s ex"cept

Jashmine
28-08-2005, 04:14 PM
Yeah, Its filtered because it says se'x

Ye"s ex"cept

I know, I'm not an idiot -_-"
I was saying it's annoying.

Squishybeamz
28-08-2005, 04:18 PM
Bobba Filter Ticks Me Off I Remember The Word Pizza Was Bobbafied!

Volantary
28-08-2005, 08:48 PM
Bobba Filter Ticks Me Off I Remember The Word Pizza Was Bobbafied!

Said on the 1st/second page.

Rachi
28-08-2005, 08:54 PM
If they didnt have things filtered stupid people wud take advantage of it
But We aint 5 year olds

Symptomic
28-08-2005, 09:09 PM
If they didnt have things filtered stupid people wud take advantage of it
But We aint 5 year olds

Yeah, I completely agree with you, if we didn't have the filter, people would go over the top. SOME words shouldn't be filtered, but the major ones such as the C word ( I think you all know what I am on about) should remained filtered, as even I find that offensive. But as I was saying, If we didn't have the filter people would be swearing everywhere, going upto people the don't know and calling them this and that, it would go out of control :'l

BLuweesH
29-08-2005, 01:23 AM
Yeah, I completely agree with you, if we didn't have the filter, people would go over the top. SOME words shouldn't be filtered, but the major ones such as the C word ( I think you all know what I am on about) should remained filtered, as even I find that offensive. But as I was saying, If we didn't have the filter people would be swearing everywhere, going upto people the don't know and calling them this and that, it would go out of control :'l

I reckon the filter used to be OK in my newbie days, but now with everyone always avoiding or just going over the top as you mention, they've just filtered more and more.

lld666
31-08-2005, 12:02 PM
They mite aswell take the filter off, people just avoid it by putting dots between the letters anyway

BLuweesH
31-08-2005, 12:03 PM
They mite aswell take the filter off, people just avoid it by putting dots between the letters anyway

Well they have to do their job. Or they'll receive lots of complaints...

Bef
31-08-2005, 12:06 PM
There is always a way to avoid the fliter. If u want to insult someone u can easily. And u dont need to swear at someone to insult them. With this new ignore button we can easily block out any potty mouths and if anyone hassles us then theres the call for help! The bobba filter has gotten out of hand. I mean with the C word u just swop the middle letters round and wallah! With the F word u add a n after the f ect! Its simple to avoid the filter.

BLuweesH
31-08-2005, 12:13 PM
There is always a way to avoid the fliter. If u want to insult someone u can easily. And u dont need to swear at someone to insult them. With this new ignore button we can easily block out any potty mouths and if anyone hassles us then theres the call for help! The bobba filter has gotten out of hand. I mean with the C word u just swop the middle letters round and wallah! With the F word u add a n after the f ect! Its simple to avoid the filter.

Exactly!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!