PDA

View Full Version : I feel worthless.. Read more.

Whale
12-04-2012, 11:42 PM
Okay, so, this is going to sound completely nerdy and stupid.

But, about a week ago, I bought FL Studio 10, Producer Edition.

It's always been my dream to produce my own dubstep tunes, and publish them. But, I never really wanted to be famous, just maybe, 1k subs on YouTube? The equal of that.

Anyways, I spent $200 on this software, and brought it home, and now, I feel completely dumb and worthless. I can't do anything with it! I used all the money I got from easter, and some extra 100 bucks my parents gave me to buy it.

Now I feel bad for wasting that 100 bucks, plus all the other money they gave me, and I feel worthless because I can't do anything with it.

I need someone to talk to or something, at least.

P.S. - I'm not sure if this is the right thread. Sorry. :/

Thread moved by Chris (Forum Super Moderator): From "Discuss Anything", as it is better suited here!

iLogan
12-04-2012, 11:58 PM
Read some tuts on how to use it?

David
13-04-2012, 12:12 AM
You have the motivation and you took the opportunity and got the software (though personally i wouldn't have bought it and used other means) so you can certainly use that to learn the basics and go from there. stick at it ;) everyone starts at the bottom, even the best.

jasey
13-04-2012, 12:15 AM
You can't expect to buy software that costs hundreds and have it guide you to making the perfect piece of media from unboxing. That isn't a program for grandmums or preteens so there is a learning curve involved. If you are serious about your pursuits then you will learn how to achieve them. There are tutorials everywhere as Logan mentioned! Give it a chance - don't think of it as a waste.

peteyt
13-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Okay, so, this is going to sound completely nerdy and stupid.

But, about a week ago, I bought FL Studio 10, Producer Edition.

It's always been my dream to produce my own dubstep tunes, and publish them. But, I never really wanted to be famous, just maybe, 1k subs on YouTube? The equal of that.

Anyways, I spent $200 on this software, and brought it home, and now, I feel completely dumb and worthless. I can't do anything with it! I used all the money I got from easter, and some extra 100 bucks my parents gave me to buy it.

Now I feel bad for wasting that 100 bucks, plus all the other money they gave me, and I feel worthless because I can't do anything with it.

I need someone to talk to or something, at least.

P.S. - I'm not sure if this is the right thread. Sorry. :/

Thread moved by Chris (Forum Super Moderator): From "Discuss Anything", as it is better suited here!

The best thing to take from this incident is to remember to always try before you buy. FL Studio has a demo and I think it does most if not all the stuff the free version just does - probably has a limited trial and a few limitations. In future make sure you try the program, see if you can use it before paying for it - the good thing at least with FL studio is unlike most applications you now I believe have a lifetime license.

FL Studio also has forums and there are probably YouTube guides - however making music is not as easy as some people think. If you know a bit about radio's you will have heard of jingles - a lot of people on forums like this ask for jingle making programs thinking that you can just make a jingle like that - its the same with song wise you often need a variety of sounds, loops etc and know how to work them well (I don't make my own music so I'm not really an expert though).

Whale
16-04-2012, 12:01 AM
The best thing to take from this incident is to remember to always try before you buy. FL Studio has a demo and I think it does most if not all the stuff the free version just does - probably has a limited trial and a few limitations. In future make sure you try the program, see if you can use it before paying for it - the good thing at least with FL studio is unlike most applications you now I believe have a lifetime license.

FL Studio also has forums and there are probably YouTube guides - however making music is not as easy as some people think. If you know a bit about radio's you will have heard of jingles - a lot of people on forums like this ask for jingle making programs thinking that you can just make a jingle like that - its the same with song wise you often need a variety of sounds, loops etc and know how to work them well (I don't make my own music so I'm not really an expert though).

Well, I have tried the demo version. I used it for about a month. Couldn't create much, because back when I had it, you couldn't save files, or export. So, I have tried the demo. Anyways, Ignore this thread. Lol. I was in a depressing mood when I posted it.

Jordy
16-04-2012, 06:43 AM
Read up on it online there's sure to be many guides and tuts of use to you. You are clearly motivated other than the odd moment of depression we all get but stick at it and you're sure to succeed. Best of luck with it :)

auffant1
16-04-2012, 11:30 AM
I'm sure there is tons of videos on how to use it on YouTube or something. Plus you have to remember that all famous YouTubers started out in your spot :D.

Dentafrice
25-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Not trying to be an ass, but if you couldn't make anything on the demo version what made you think that spending $200 would suddenly make you able to make beats on it? There are plenty of tutorials on the internet that will show you how, you just have to take it step by step. If anyone could purchase FL Studio and suddenly make awesome beats, there would be no talent.

That's like downloading Visual Studio and being able to write industry grade software. You have to learn.

Charlie
25-04-2012, 06:37 PM
I agree with Dentafrice. If you had the demo and couldn't do anything with that, why did you feel spending $200 on the program would change anything? Even if you couldn't save songs or anything, you could have at least had a go at making them and if you couldn't do that, then it'd be a waste of timing spending money on getting the program for nothing.

These things take time, you can just put the program on your computer, open it up and become a dubstep master in a matter of seconds, it's takes time, patience and practice. There is probably a ton of guides and videos and whatever that you should check out before you start getting all moody over the fact that it isn't going well.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!