PDA

View Full Version : PayPal sending money

GoldenMerc
13-04-2012, 11:34 PM
Say if i was to recieve £5 of you, is there any possible way that before you send the money you can prevent a reverse on it? I know with gifts that they can say someone hacked them and sent the money so that doesn't work, Any other ideas to prevent people reversing transactions?
Ross

Jordy
13-04-2012, 11:40 PM
Don't deal with dodgy people?

GoldenMerc
13-04-2012, 11:40 PM
I don't think you choose who you sell to via eBay, or other selling ways...

Jordy
13-04-2012, 11:41 PM
I don't think you choose who you sell to via eBay, or other selling ways...Send things recorded delivery and keep the receipt

scottish
13-04-2012, 11:41 PM
Highly doubt it, as then every scammer would use that method to prevent people getting their money back lol.

GoldenMerc
13-04-2012, 11:43 PM
I guess so... but isn't everything that you send protected by buyer protection so that means buyer always wins? Correct me if im wrong :P

Jordy
13-04-2012, 11:58 PM
I guess so... but isn't everything that you send protected by buyer protection so that means buyer always wins? Correct me if im wrong :PMore often than not they win yes, but if you can prove that you sent the parcel and that it arrived at its destination then it's most likely you will win.

Jack!
14-04-2012, 12:28 AM
Best thing you can do is make sure all you're parcels have tracking.

Then if they claim they haven't got it then you have proof it was delivered to the address you were given, and its up to the buyer to find out what happened to it via RM and such. That's if they ain't lying.

triston220
14-04-2012, 05:12 PM
Have them send you their email address. Send them an email asking if they would like to make the purchase. In the reply will be their IP address.

If an unauthorised payment claim is made you can have Paypal check the IPs on file for the account.

Recursion
14-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Have them send you their email address. Send them an email asking if they would like to make the purchase. In the reply will be their IP address.

If an unauthorised payment claim is made you can have Paypal check the IPs on file for the account.

Not necessarily.

triston220
14-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Not necessarily.

Okay. Check the email headers the the senders IP address.

xdinosaurdaniel
14-04-2012, 08:26 PM
If its a virtual item you sell the person its pretty much impossible to do that.so use *REMOVED* :L if you're mailing something or anything like that a tracking label can keep them from reversing it.

Edited by Oleh (Forum Moderator): Please do not mention sites which break the habbo way

Jordy
14-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Okay. Check the email headers the the senders IP address.What use would an IP Address be in this situation?

triston220
14-04-2012, 09:01 PM
What use would an IP Address be in this situation?

Because then PayPal can compare the IP address with one they have on file.

jasey
14-04-2012, 10:17 PM
Okay. Check the email headers the the senders IP address.

It isn't impossible to spoof an IP address that appears in the full email header. If someone was dedicated enough to scamming to the point where they reverse money, it isn't past them to use the ways available to hide your real IP in an email header.

triston220
14-04-2012, 10:23 PM
It isn't impossible to spoof an IP address that appears in the full email header. If someone was dedicated enough to scamming to the point where they reverse money, it isn't past them to use the ways available to hide your real IP in an email header.

You would be surprised at the lack of people that don't do that.

Jordy
14-04-2012, 11:33 PM
Because then PayPal can compare the IP address with one they have on file.What if I won an auction and paid for it on my computer but used my mobile phone to send emails? They'd have different IP Addresses (providing they weren't on the same wifi network or didn't tether of course)? Would that make me a scammer?

A scammer would simply complain an item hasn't arrived when it has done in order to get the refund, the whole IP Address thing strikes me as irrelevant.

triston220
15-04-2012, 12:15 PM
What if I won an auction and paid for it on my computer but used my mobile phone to send emails? They'd have different IP Addresses (providing they weren't on the same wifi network or didn't tether of course)? Would that make me a scammer?

A scammer would simply complain an item hasn't arrived when it has done in order to get the refund, the whole IP Address thing strikes me as irrelevant.

It depends on the type of claim made. If you file it as unauthorised yet you have the same IP something is suspicious. (I know that some RATs allow you to steal IP addresses but that's besides the point.)

Recursion
16-04-2012, 05:43 PM
It depends on the type of claim made. If you file it as unauthorised yet you have the same IP something is suspicious. (I know that some RATs allow you to steal IP addresses but that's besides the point.)

lol... you can't steal an IP.

triston220
17-04-2012, 06:00 PM
lol... you can't steal an IP.

Unfortunately you can. I'm not sure if I can name the RAT but something of the same name may be useful on a sunny day.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!