PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Management

Mathew
15-04-2012, 09:09 AM
Does Habbo actually have a Hotel Manager these days? If so, who is it?! :)

Nick
15-04-2012, 09:14 AM
I thought it was Kitano?

xxMATTGxx
15-04-2012, 09:23 AM
I wouldn't really class them as Hotel Managers now.

Zuth
15-04-2012, 09:36 AM
That Paul guy seems to be taking charge but I dont think he is a manager though?

SackRace
15-04-2012, 09:37 AM
That Paul guy seems to be taking charge but I dont think he is a manager though?

Doesn't he just deal with support like via twitter?

Zuth
15-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Doesn't he just deal with support like via twitter?

I think hes a CEO? I dunno, I think xxMATTGxx; knows a little about him.

Mathew
15-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Yeah that's why I asked. Paul seems to be the face of Habbo at the moment but I didn't know if there was still anyone officially recognised as the Hotel Manager! :P

Alex3213
15-04-2012, 09:40 AM
Just out of interest, how actually is the Hotel managed nowadays? Perhaps it's just me but I see no interaction between staff and users (well at a lesser extent), nor do I see any events or competitions. Who takes charge? What do all the staff members do? Sorry for a couple of daft questions however I'm completely out of the loop with this and my curiousity wants to bring me back up to scratch.

xxMATTGxx
15-04-2012, 09:45 AM
Staff no longer "Play" with Habbos - They work behind the scenes doing their actual roles they have been given whether that is building features, furniture, rooms, graphics, testing, support, moderation, marketing, social media, advertising, products and whatever else they do.

I think hes a CEO? I dunno, I think xxMATTGxx; knows a little about him.

Pauls the CEO of the company but I wouldn't class him as a Hotel Manager or any staff as HM. There is also other members of staff on twitter too.

Mathew
15-04-2012, 09:46 AM
Well that's the thing. They've done away with articles which means there is just no interaction, unless you're one of PaulLaFo's minions who stalks him on Twitter.
Hence I wrote on the "BRING ARTICLES BACK. NO MORE TWITTER CRAP" uservoice idea:

There's far too many different places where news is published now and it's not user friendly anymore. Right now, people are finding out different (and sometimes contradicting) things from Twitter, (PaulLaFo, the Habbo Staff, designers, etc), Facebook, Fansites, Habbo Staff, Sulake Blog, Habbo Blog.
Either make sure the same information is published in each place, or bring back the Habbo News articles which we can RELY on to be the best source of information.

Paul has tried so hard to "break down barriers" through using social media, that it's left the large majorty of people to be isolated. Perhaps he doesn't realise the extent of the userbase. It's also beyond me why they're trying to be a social media site..... by using other social media. WAT.

xxMATTGxx
15-04-2012, 09:48 AM
Well that's the thing. They've done away with articles which means there is just no interaction, unless you're one of PaulLaFo's minions who stalks him on Twitter.
Hence I wrote on the "BRING ARTICLES BACK. NO MORE TWITTER CRAP" uservoice idea:

Paul has tried so hard to "break down barriers" through using social media, that it's left the large majorty of people to be isolated. Perhaps he doesn't realise the extent of the userbase. It's also beyond me why they're trying to be a social media site..... by using other social media. WAT.

They sort of still do articles but they are blog posts which would explain certain things to users on what Habbo is doing which is at: http://blog.habbo.com. I don't think it's wrong for Habbo to use other social media services because Habbo isn't a social media site that would bring attention to users on multiple devices, where as twitter and facebook would.

Mathew
15-04-2012, 09:51 AM
They sort of still do articles but they are blog posts which would explain certain things to users on what Habbo is doing which is at: http://blog.habbo.com. There is nothing wrong for Facebook having a twitter account or Twitter having a facebook account! :P

So why do they need an external site to publish what's happening? They could quite easily shove them on Habbo.com for everyone to see. :P PaulLaFo gives out pieces of information on his Twitter, previews are sent to fansites and Facebook - it just isn't user-friendly anymore. There's too much going on.

xxMATTGxx
15-04-2012, 09:53 AM
So why do they need an external site to publish what's happening? They could quite easily shove them on Habbo.com for everyone to see. :P PaulLaFo gives out pieces of information on his Twitter, previews are sent to fansites and Facebook - it just isn't user-friendly anymore. There's too much going on.

The same reason why other companies do the same thing. They could technically still use their site and also use the social media side of things to make the user base of Habbo aware.

Mathew
15-04-2012, 09:54 AM
The same reason why other companies do the same thing. They could technically still use their site and also use the social media side of things to make the user base of Habbo aware.
If they made use of their own site then that's fair enough, but they're not. They're shoving feeds everywhere and it looks tacky!

xxMATTGxx
15-04-2012, 09:57 AM
If they made use of their own site then that's fair enough, but they're not. They're shoving feeds everywhere and it looks tacky!

Could do, I wouldn't call it tacky but I guess it would be an issue for certain users. The Habbo site in my opinion needs a new layout and update - Would be nice if they did that in time for their new in-game interface but I doubt that.

Red
15-04-2012, 10:00 AM
I don't think there is any anymore. I agree with you Mathew. He bangs on about engaging but by choosing twitter to do so, he has just cut of the majority of the user base from having any input. I don't really want to be going onto an external site to be getting my news. If I didn't use habbox, I wouldn't have a clue what was going on.

Mathew
15-04-2012, 10:20 AM
I don't think there is any anymore. I agree with you Mathew. He bangs on about engaging but by choosing twitter to do so, he has just cut of the majority of the user base from having any input. I don't really want to be going onto an external site to be getting my news. If I didn't use habbox, I wouldn't have a clue what was going on.

That's the same with me. The homepage has changed so there's just five images and five little captions advertising something - it's not good at all. I don't want to speak to the CEO of Sulake, I just want him to tell me what's going on. An article published to the Habbo site (just like the good old days :rolleyes:) would be perfect! :D

AlexJRiley
15-04-2012, 10:55 AM

Paul is the CEO (Chief Executive Officer) off sulake i.e he owns sulake

scottish
15-04-2012, 11:22 AM
CEO doesn't own it.

Shareholders > board of directors > CEO typically.

Kasabian
15-04-2012, 12:15 PM
its ok guys ive just sent my cv to sulake

you'd have thought staff would still interact with habbos, and we'd actually have some competitions or something

RyRy
15-04-2012, 12:18 PM
I don't think there's a HM anymore, but can you blame em? HMs have traditionally been mad powerhungry *** ends.

Andii
15-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Yes @scottish (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=53890) is now hotel manager

lol jks naw i think there is none no more its just mods and crap

Odette
16-04-2012, 07:52 PM
I find it strange that a CEO is interacting with users on this level... I don't think I particularly like it either.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!