PDA

View Full Version : applying for jobs by email [+rep]

Robbie
16-04-2012, 05:23 PM
hey,

when sending a cv to an employer by email, what's best to put in the body of the email? is it basically the same kinda thing as a cover letter?

cheers!

dirrty
16-04-2012, 05:30 PM
i've always put:

Dear Sir/Madam (unless their name is stated somewhere),
Please find my CV attached for the proposed position (if i need to send a covering letter then someones i put that in the email itself after this sentence or as an attached file as well ).

Kind Regards,
Mr. blah blah blah

and then 'RE: whatever position i've applied for' in the subject heading so the first sentence makes sense. for example, yesterday i applied for an internship and in the subject heading i put "RE: TV Events Internship". but it told me to put that, so yeah...

Catchy
16-04-2012, 05:34 PM
i've always put:

Dear Sir/Madam (unless their name is stated somewhere),
Please find my CV attached for the proposed position (if i need to send a covering letter then someones i put that in the email itself after this sentence or as an attached file as well ).

Kind Regards,
Mr. blah blah blah

and then 'RE: whatever position i've applied for' in the subject heading so the first sentence makes sense. for example, yesterday i applied for an internship and in the subject heading i put "RE: TV Events Internship". but it told me to put that, so yeah...

Same as that really, I usually say please find my CV and cover letter attached to this email blahblah I look forward to hearing from you.

Charlie
16-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Same as everyone else, I usually put what I'm applying for in the title and then say 'dear sir/madam please find attached my cv and cover letter. thanks for taking the time to read them, i hope to hear from you soon..' something along those lines.

MissAlice
16-04-2012, 09:43 PM
I have always sent a covering letter with my CV.

Job Title etc.

Then something similar to this which you can adapt:

Dear (Whoever)

I recently completed a Degree at University in (subject) , and am now looking for a position of work.

Whilst studying I have held a part-time position with one Company, this has allowed me to gain experience, acquire new skills in a customer facing environment and been able to put these skills to good use. I am conscientious, competent and can adapt when necessary, and am very reliable.

Group projects while studying have given me the opportunity to share learning experiences in a team environment. This has taught me how important collaboration is in achieving a successful outcome.

I would be very grateful if you would consider my application for work and attach my CV.

I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

It's important to stand out!

I applied for one position with 200 others, I was one of six interviewed.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!