PDA

View Full Version : Books Opinion on Audio Books?

David
17-04-2012, 12:16 AM
I wanted the book version of Game of Thrones, so I got the E-Book series - I read a bit and thought "**** this" and got the Audio Books lol. Not a big reader and don't have the time for it :( gonna work through the audio books while doing things in the background.

your opinions on them? better/worse than the real thing? I haven't started yet but imagine it would be like in school where the teacher would read :P

beth
17-04-2012, 12:21 AM
i kinda enjoy them if i need sleep but they get on my nerves mainly. they either go too slow or do the voices wrong or summat and it winds me up LMFAO.

Janitor
24-04-2012, 11:02 AM
I'd listen to any audio book if Stephen Fry was reading it. ;P

Kyle
24-04-2012, 11:09 AM
i kinda enjoy them if i need sleep but they get on my nerves mainly. they either go too slow or do the voices wrong or summat and it winds me up LMFAO.
yeah i hate when you get those monotonous voices. I suppose they're okay for non-fiction but when I read fiction I want the words to be brought to life in a sense and most of the time that doesn't happen. Prefer to read irl.

Charlie
24-04-2012, 11:10 AM
I haven't used them and I don't intent to. If I'm reading a book, it's easier to concentrate on what's in front of me and if I missed something, I can go back reread the page, with an audio book you've got to listen to it all and if you miss something I imagine it'll take a while to go back to the exact spot you missed a bit.

Inseriousity.
24-04-2012, 02:20 PM
I listened to the Harry Potter ones with Stephen Fry but it was kinda distracting hearing accents and the way he pronounces things differently to how I imagined (his Voldemort avada kedavra is funny not frightening). I'm not really fond of them, I like racing through books that I can get excited by so waiting for a voice to get there doesn't appeal to me.

Stephen
24-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Audio books make me fall asleep

efq
24-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Absolutely love them. I have Audible on my iPhone and I've listen to hundreds of hours of books, most recently all 3 Hunger Games books. It makes me excited to go to bed because thats when I listen to them, and I listen to them over and over.

It's not I can't read well, I can read incredibly well but I just find reading words of a piece of paper totally boring and mind numbing.

I'll admit the voices are usually pathetic but after you listen to them for a while you get used to them and they actually start sounding interesting to you.

But yeah, I am not a reader but a listener, love it all the same. I have yet to listen to all the Harry Potter audiobooks but so looking forward to them!

Everyone to their own eh?

Seikou
27-04-2012, 09:09 AM
audio books bore me, i'd rather read it myself, their voices are always annoying

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!