PDA

View Full Version : I hate toshiba

Jssy
18-04-2012, 10:32 PM
My mouse key has been loose since I've got it and its basically sunk inside my laptop and toshiba says they can charge me£170 to fix it. What the hell? £170 to fix a broken mouse button that is **. And saying it's physical damage pfft. Quite funny how our toshiba TV blew up the same day my mouse button completely packed in too. Lesson learnt, never buying from Toshiba again :rolleyes:

Recursion
18-04-2012, 11:16 PM
Toshiba have gone down hill, but the fact of the matter is that you accepted the defect when you first got it by not reporting it.

GommeInc
19-04-2012, 12:06 AM
Toshiba have gone down hill, but the fact of the matter is that you accepted the defect when you first got it by not reporting it.
Recursion has said what has needed to be said. Unless you reported it within 14 days (sometimes more depending on the retailer), you're stuck with it. The other two options (other than leave it) is to either fix it yourself or just buy a new one.

I didn't even know Toshiba was still around selling laptops :/

Vause
19-04-2012, 09:10 AM
I've got a toshiba laptop and so has my Mum and we've never had any problems! Saying that they're not the models. That's stupid! £170?! You might aswell just save up and get a new laptop, lol

Jssy
19-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Yeah the woman said that and my mum had a go at her saying she had to take a loan out to buy laptops for me and my sister lol. I wish I had tbh :( But I didn't think it would fully break off in a few months :( Domestic and general have my laptop covered for 2 years and they list accidental damage (toshiba said it was physical damage) so my mums gonna call an engineer from them around

CaptainAce$$
24-04-2012, 10:31 AM
Sounds like they are trying to fob you off Jessy. It really shouldn't have broke so soon D; Saying that laptops can be very fragile sometimes.

Charlie
24-04-2012, 10:57 AM
If it was broken from the start then it's their fault, not yours and yes, you should have reported it to start with but still, they shouldn't have set you a laptop with a dodgy mouse button. Sounds like they're trying to get you to pay up for something that most likely is their fault. If I was you, I'd go to a computer store in town or something first and see how much they'd offer to fix it, shop around and see what you could pay because for the price they're asking you to pay, you might as well just save that and buy a new one.

Tomm
24-04-2012, 12:25 PM
The place you bought it from can't limit the time you have to report a fault that was present at the time of purchase (If they do you can report them to the OFT). If you tell them about it within 6 months of purchase then it is automatically deemed to present at the time of purchase unless the store can prove otherwise. After 6 months you have to prove to the store the problem was present at the time of purchase.

See:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1979/54/section/48A

Specifically:

"goods which do not conform to the contract of sale at any time within the period of six months starting with the date on which the goods were delivered to the buyer must be taken not to have so conformed at that date."

Rhw
24-04-2012, 02:41 PM
We've experienced television troubles with Toshiba before. We found that they were no help and eventually we paid to fix the television with a separate company. We only bought from them again because our first Toshiba television was so reliable! Seems like that isn't the case now.

Jssy
25-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Update:

I'm covered with domestic and general free for 2 years, they picked it up on monday, they rang today and said the company (mercom) they sent it to, have fixed my keypad and tested my laptop against other faults and the courier van will be delivering my laptop back to our house tomorrow. That was suprisingly quick! so happy now and I don't have any faith in toshiba really, customer service is awful. Think I'm gonna keep it covered with d&g because when you start paying after 2 years it's inbetween £2.50 and £5 a month, thanks guys :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!