PDA

View Full Version : Broken Toe +rep

Cerys
19-04-2012, 07:22 PM
Hey, on wednesday, I broke my big toe and possibly the toe next to that. I won't go into much detail on how it happened, but basically something really heave got thrown/dropped onto it.

I haven't been to the doctors for it, as the school nurse strapped it to the toes next to it, so I thought they couldn't do much more to help. (I know its broken because its swollen up so much that I can't get it into my school shoe, and it sticks out quite a lot more than normal).
I am in huge amounts of pain with it. Even keeping it still and elevated makes me frequently cry with the pain.

I'm currently taking pain killers, but I'm wondering what more I can do to help it stop hurting me so badly. Also, is it worth taking it for the doctor to see?

I don't want to waste their time with something stupid like a broken toe, so that also put me off of going to them xD
And how long does a broken toe usually take to heal?

Thankss, and +rep if I can

Empired
19-04-2012, 07:32 PM
The doctor really can't do anything about broken toes, Cerys, not even the hospital can! Also, it can take up to three months for a broken toe to heal, depending on what you've done to it (an accident involving a heavy chair probably won't take three months though ;))

All the doctor will suggest is to take regular painkillers (alternate between ibuprofen and paracetamol every x hours- check the side of the bottle for dosage!!)

Walking a little bit on it after 10 to 14 days is good for it, but just stay rested and grit your teeth really :(

Cerys
19-04-2012, 07:46 PM
The doctor really can't do anything about broken toes, Cerys, not even the hospital can! Also, it can take up to three months for a broken toe to heal, depending on what you've done to it (an accident involving a heavy chair probably won't take three months though ;))

All the doctor will suggest is to take regular painkillers (alternate between ibuprofen and paracetamol every x hours- check the side of the bottle for dosage!!)

Walking a little bit on it after 10 to 14 days is good for it, but just stay rested and grit your teeth really :(

Ooft 3 months. + its sticking out really badly, so I'm guessing it'll take longer than usual to heal!
I sure do hope it heals in time for all day of pe next wednesday ;) ;) but srs, alton towers next saturday = heal quick stupid toe.
Thanks charlooooooooooo

+yeh that's what I rhough - hospital won't do anything ;(

Vause
19-04-2012, 08:03 PM
if it's swollen put an ice pack on it. don't stop walking on it because it'll stiffen up. i broke my little toe once and it was just a case of putting up with it.

Richie
19-04-2012, 08:26 PM
i broke my big toe on a night out (i think i kicked the path for no reason) my toe went black but the dr reassured me my body wouldn't follow. You can't do anything for a broken toe, just deal with it, man up.

Cerys
21-04-2012, 01:50 AM
if it's swollen put an ice pack on it. don't stop walking on it because it'll stiffen up. i broke my little toe once and it was just a case of putting up with it.

Cheers.

Glen Coco
21-04-2012, 06:24 PM
smack it back into place

Edited by Chris (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make pointless posts!

AlexJRiley
21-04-2012, 06:37 PM
My first question is can you move it at all? If so chances are you've just bruised the bone which will heal quite quickly, if you cant there may be a chance you've dislocated it (which will need it popping back into place) so if not id recommend seeking a professional opinion.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!