PDA

View Full Version : Theme Parks!

Cerys
20-04-2012, 03:38 PM
(Didn't know if this would go in the tourism section - don't think it would ;) )

What's your favourite theme park, and what's your favourite ride there? :D

My favourite theme park would be Alton Towers.
Ride would be a tie between Ripsaw, Rita, Air and Oblivion. I just can't decide which is better xP

dirrty
20-04-2012, 03:44 PM
probably alton towers. i liked rita but i banged my ear on the side when it took off :( hurt so much. favourite ride is probably ripsaw yeah. there was this ride that was near ripsaw (opposite the KFC i think but it's closed now anyway) and it was like an indoor roller coaster. i can't for the life of me remember what it was called, but at one point that was my favourite ride.

RIP american adventure. the log flume there was boss when i was younger.

Samantha.
20-04-2012, 03:48 PM
I don't really know, they're both amazing but I'd have to say Thorpe Park I think. I went there recently and the new ride is amazing! I think thorpe park has a lot more 'big/thrill' rides which I love.

Cerys
20-04-2012, 03:52 PM
probably alton towers. i liked rita but i banged my ear on the side when it took off :( hurt so much. favourite ride is probably ripsaw yeah. there was this ride that was near ripsaw (opposite the KFC i think but it's closed now anyway) and it was like an indoor roller coaster. i can't for the life of me remember what it was called, but at one point that was my favourite ride.

RIP american adventure. the log flume there was boss when i was younger.

Ikr, rita is sometimes rubbish at setting off. My friend damaged some skin on her hand because it jerked really badly as it set off.

Was the indoor ride in kinda a big dome thing? I remember one like that xD

Off to alton towers next saturday for my birthday though :3

Edit: never been to thorpe park xD

dirrty
20-04-2012, 03:53 PM
Ikr, rita is sometimes rubbish at setting off. My friend damaged some skin on her hand because it jerked really badly as it set off.

Was the indoor ride in kinda a big dome thing? I remember one like that xD

Off to alton towers next saturday for my birthday though :3
i think it was like a big dome, yeah. last time i went was for my 17th birthday. ahh, good times.

Cerys
20-04-2012, 04:01 PM
i think it was like a big dome, yeah. last time i went was for my 17th birthday. ahh, good times.

My mum said it was called the black hole or something. Never went on it, though!

Empired
20-04-2012, 04:03 PM
I've never been to a theme park :( CERYS IF YOU CAN'T GO 'CAUSE OF YOUR FOOT.. call me maybe? ;)

Cerys
20-04-2012, 04:06 PM
I've never been to a theme park :( CERYS IF YOU CAN'T GO 'CAUSE OF YOUR FOOT.. call me maybe? ;)

Make a surprise visit at alton towers for my bday then! You'll love it :)

iLogan
20-04-2012, 04:09 PM
The Swarm or SAW: The Ride at THORPE PARK in terms of rollercoasters.

In terms of attractions I love horror mazes

Cerys
20-04-2012, 04:13 PM

Saw does look good! I'd love to go to thorpe park, but its too far away :(

iLogan
20-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Saw does look good! I'd love to go to thorpe park, but its too far away :(

SAW is good but it's a bit bumpy, and in the queue they play this really loud gun sound effect every now and again which kills me inside :'(

geo
20-04-2012, 04:16 PM
My favourite would have to be Thorpe Park although I haven't really been to many yet! I'd love to go to 6 flags.. it looks insane.

Erm, I actually loved Nemesis Inferno and SAW: The Ride so much. I think Nemesis was just such a fun ride and I had a really great time on it. SAW: The Ride was just fab all the way through. The day I went they had the maze shut because of a fire inside of it, so they put actors in the ride and it was just hilarious. I'm the sort of person that would joke about something to make it seem less scary. I ended up joking around with the actress inside and having a great laugh! I was so tempted to buy the video of me on it as it was so funny but I don't think my parents would have been impressed if they can lip read. :P I can't wait to take a day off school to go to Thorpe Park, I hope it'll be like the first time I went and not packed at all so I can get on about 20 rides again. :)

Ed.
20-04-2012, 04:35 PM
Thorpe Park - Stealth or SAW.

Cerys
20-04-2012, 04:42 PM
My favourite would have to be Thorpe Park although I haven't really been to many yet! I'd love to go to 6 flags.. it looks insane.

Erm, I actually loved Nemesis Inferno and SAW: The Ride so much. I think Nemesis was just such a fun ride and I had a really great time on it. SAW: The Ride was just fab all the way through. The day I went they had the maze shut because of a fire inside of it, so they put actors in the ride and it was just hilarious. I'm the sort of person that would joke about something to make it seem less scary. I ended up joking around with the actress inside and having a great laugh! I was so tempted to buy the video of me on it as it was so funny but I don't think my parents would have been impressed if they can lip read. :P I can't wait to take a day off school to go to Thorpe Park, I hope it'll be like the first time I went and not packed at all so I can get on about 20 rides again. :)

Lool :P. What caused the fire? :O

geo
20-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Lool :P. What caused the fire? :O

Not sure. That's all we were told, haha. :( I was so upset that I couldn't go but then when I went with school I got into the maze! It was horrific. I was terrified and because I was at the back of the group I was picked on, I ended up falling over. :P

Cerys
20-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Not sure. That's all we were told, haha. :( I was so upset that I couldn't go but then when I went with school I got into the maze! It was horrific. I was terrified and because I was at the back of the group I was picked on, I ended up falling over. :P

Lol, trust you to fall over ;) atleast you got to do the maze at some point though :)

Jazz
21-04-2012, 07:20 AM
Ive been on saw and I did like it. But I would go for Air at Alton Towers ;-D

Cerys
21-04-2012, 09:26 AM
Ive been on saw and I did like it. But I would go for Air at Alton Towers ;-D

I do love air - the first time I went on it when the chair moves you face down, I got so freaked out because I didn't know that happened xD - but the queue is always at least 20-30 minutes long D;

Jordan
21-04-2012, 10:17 AM
I do love air - the first time I went on it when the chair moves you face down, I got so freaked out because I didn't know that happened xD - but the queue is always at least 20-30 minutes long D;

The queue for air is so much bigger now, it grows throughout the day and ends up being an hour =l I went 3 weeks ago and only went on it once cos the queue was so long. I've only ever been to Alton Towers so that is my favourite, and my favourite ride there is air =]

Chris
21-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Errm Ive only ever been to drayton manor so that is my favourite. My favourite ride there is probably shockwave!

Rhw
21-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Space Mountain at Disney Land probably. I just sleep on that ride but you get a nice breeze.

Catchy
21-04-2012, 10:29 AM
I've only been to drayton mannor lmao so I guess that? Proper fab though but I realised my fear was heights :(

Seikou
21-04-2012, 01:45 PM
disneyland paris has such a nice atmosphere so i love it aw

i love alton towers aswell and i liked the corkscrew but it's closed down now & i also love the ride oblivion!

Suspective
21-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Its got to be Alton Towers for me.

Really love Air and Oblivian and Ripsaw is quite good too. :P

Memorilla
21-04-2012, 05:32 PM

ZOMG while I was visiting London I went to Thorpe Park during Halloween and I loved it! Especially the horror mazes (those were the best). The roller coasters scared the bobba out of me. :*

Edit: My favourite theme park would have to be Disneyland in Japan. I've been there over 60 times and I love it. I don't know what it's called but it's this Buzz Lightyear ride where you have to shoot the target with your gun and get as many points as you can. Funfunfun!

I also like Disneysea in Japan but haven't visited there as much as I have in Disneyland. My favourite ride would have to be Journey to the Centre of the World. It was awesome.

beth
21-04-2012, 05:38 PM
i hate theme parks full of ******* pikeys.

used to love american adventure though. friend knocked her front teeth out on that log flume dirrty; hahhahahahaha.

iLogan
21-04-2012, 05:38 PM
ZOMG while I was visiting London I went to Thorpe Park during Halloween and I loved it! Especially the horror mazes (those were the best). The roller coasters scared the bobba out of me. :*

Edit: My favourite theme park would have to be Disneyland in Japan. I've been there over 60 times and I love it. I don't know what it's called but it's this Buzz Lightyear ride where you have to shoot the target with your gun and get as many points as you can. Funfunfun!

I also like Disneysea in Japan but haven't visited there as much as I have in Disneyland. My favourite ride would have to be Journey to the Centre of the World. It was awesome.

Haha, did you manage to get on Experiment 10? That maze was really messed up (the one where they lock you in that small cupboard thing with another person)

Lee
21-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Don't go a lot of theme parks but I'd say infusion at Blackpool.

Cerys
21-04-2012, 06:51 PM
Don't go a lot of theme parks but I'd say infusion at Blackpool.

Infusion is the blue-ish one - where your legs hang, right?

Lee
21-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Infusion is the blue-ish one - where your legs hang, right?

Yeah that's right, it's inverted. I believe it used to be in southport before it was closed.

http://www.ukrides.info/col/blackpool/infusion6.JPG

Cerys
21-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Yeah that's right, it's inverted. I believe it used to be in southport before it was closed.

http://www.ukrides.info/col/blackpool/infusion6.JPG

Oooh, yeah I liked that one :D

That was the first ride I went on when I met up with this dude from habbo. He screamed like a girl, so it was a fab first impression of him, thanks to this ride ;)
I think this is probably my 2nd best ride at blackpool

Ellz
21-04-2012, 07:46 PM
I kinda like Chessington just because i'm not a massive fan of rides with loops! Favourite right is the Dragons Fury which is the one where the car twists :)

Misawa
21-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Universal Studios Orlando. UK theme parks are quite pathetic in comparison.

Memorilla
22-04-2012, 09:19 AM
Haha, did you manage to get on Experiment 10? That maze was really messed up (the one where they lock you in that small cupboard thing with another person)

Honestly I have no idea lmao. I don't remember any of the names of the mazes.

Succubus
22-04-2012, 11:20 AM
Thorpe park, I mean this is one of the only bigger theme parks I have been to.
I generally love saw the ride, makes me giggle when every one screams :)

MrViaticus
22-04-2012, 01:07 PM
It's not really a Themepark but Fantasy Island at Skegness, it's just an entire day out of shopping and rides :)

Gina
22-04-2012, 02:41 PM
i wish i could say chessington because its really close to me but it **** lmao
probably alton towers - oblivion
but ive been to thorpe park more n love saw (alive)

kitten
22-04-2012, 02:46 PM
i'd say alton towers, since it's the only big one i've been to, i like rita and oblivion. :)

Cerys
23-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Thorpe park, I mean this is one of the only bigger theme parks I have been to.
I generally love saw the ride, makes me giggle when every one screams :)

Mmm, just suddenly burst out laughing on a ride where everyones petrified ;) trust you to do that ;) x

Samantha
23-04-2012, 03:54 PM
It's not really a Themepark but Fantasy Island at Skegness, it's just an entire day out of shopping and rides :)

OMG REALLY? I go there every year and that's like the only one I've been to, apart from Pleasure Island in Skegness and Pleasure Island in Cleethorpes but the latter was when I was extremely young.

I got a weekly wristband last year and I found it amazing for value, went on over £60 of rides on the final day which was the amount of the wristband.

Anyway, what is your favourite ride? I remember going on the Techno Frog one and someone shouted 'SAMANTHA' and it was my friend from High School as she's moved there/works there. It's a great theme park and I will say amazing confusion and rhombus rocket is my favourite rides. I didn't used to go on big rides so my sister pulled me onto the odyssey (I always like it as it was opened on my birthday) and ended up getting a black eye with it but I still go on it.

I also loved the volcano ride there despite my sister saying 'don't worry the ride hasn't broke in two weeks' etc.

Anyway, I love the market too, we often get posters, shoes, games, magazines everything there. We go there 2 weeks each year and stay in a caravan so we usually go on the rides a lot.

Elegance
23-04-2012, 04:19 PM
i've only ever been to alton towers and my favourite ride there was ripsaw :)

i really want to go to thorpe park and go on the swarm, it looks so good!

Cerys
23-04-2012, 04:24 PM
i've only ever been to alton towers and my favourite ride there was ripsaw :)

i really want to go to thorpe park and go on the swarm, it looks so good!

Make a surprise visit to alton towers this saturday ty ;)

Ripsaw is definitely the best. I love it when you get soaked on ripsaw :P

MrViaticus
23-04-2012, 06:01 PM
OMG REALLY? I go there every year and that's like the only one I've been to, apart from Pleasure Island in Skegness and Pleasure Island in Cleethorpes but the latter was when I was extremely young.

I got a weekly wristband last year and I found it amazing for value, went on over £60 of rides on the final day which was the amount of the wristband.

Anyway, what is your favourite ride? I remember going on the Techno Frog one and someone shouted 'SAMANTHA' and it was my friend from High School as she's moved there/works there. It's a great theme park and I will say amazing confusion and rhombus rocket is my favourite rides. I didn't used to go on big rides so my sister pulled me onto the odyssey (I always like it as it was opened on my birthday) and ended up getting a black eye with it but I still go on it.

I also loved the volcano ride there despite my sister saying 'don't worry the ride hasn't broke in two weeks' etc.

Anyway, I love the market too, we often get posters, shoes, games, magazines everything there. We go there 2 weeks each year and stay in a caravan so we usually go on the rides a lot.

To be honest, because I live in Skegness I just go when I can be bothered haha. Although it's never as good as when my Dad's down and goes with me cause he knows literally everyone around here. So when the ride ops see him, that means everyones in for a mad ass ride. That one that used to hang you over the road near the volcano was my favourite but I think it's gone now.

Not been in about 2 years and since the sale of the site to the new owners they've added a few new rides.

Bottons pleasure beach in Skeg has had some new rides too, however the Surf Rider was dismantled after a major accident it had earlier last season. Which was previously my favourite ride even if it did feel unsafe.

Samantha
23-04-2012, 06:04 PM
To be honest, because I live in Skegness I just go when I can be bothered haha. Although it's never as good as when my Dad's down and goes with me cause he knows literally everyone around here. So when the ride ops see him, that means everyones in for a mad ass ride. That one that used to hang you over the road near the volcano was my favourite but I think it's gone now.

Not been in about 2 years and since the sale of the site to the new owners they've added a few new rides.

Bottons pleasure beach in Skeg has had some new rides too, however the Surf Rider was dismantled after a major accident it had earlier last season. Which was previously my favourite ride even if it did feel unsafe.

Ah G-Force, unfortunately I was only 8 when that was dismantled I think and the rides are great there even though people operating the Beast didn't believe I was 16 when I wanted to go on.

I read about that being dismantled, I never went on it when I went, I prefered the mega rider or whatever it was called :).

MrViaticus
23-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Sadly it crashed as a cog slipped, manufacturing error although Jimmy Botton refused to run the ride again and demanded it was taken away. He closed the site for the duration of the HSE investigation out of courtesy of those who were riding it at the time (21 if I remember rightly).

To date I don't think he's put anything back it it's place but I'm sure it will come soon enough.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!