PDA

View Full Version : lana del rey - carmen (video)

Jurv
21-04-2012, 11:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6K8Uq88BEQ

she's so ******* amazing.

Tom
22-04-2012, 01:22 AM
Not a fan of this song. I don't really like Lana Del Rey's songs because they're quite slow and I don't feel the lyrics have a lot of purpose. Some people may argue that they do but I really feel they don't.

Jurv
22-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Not a fan of this song. I don't really like Lana Del Rey's songs because they're quite slow and I don't feel the lyrics have a lot of purpose. Some people may argue that they do but I really feel they don't.

all of the songs from her album has a purpose and meaning, otherwise they wouldn't have been written imo.

Rhw
22-04-2012, 03:00 PM
I'm not a huge fan of her either. She's a great singer and her songs do have meaning and purpose, but it's probably the way that the song was composed to convey the message which may not suit all. But this song is okay to me.

Tom
22-04-2012, 04:01 PM
all of the songs from her album has a purpose and meaning, otherwise they wouldn't have been written imo.

Well, what I meant by it is that I don't FEEL the meanings I don't feel as though they have a purpose. I dunno, it's just my perspective on things.

Judas
22-04-2012, 09:26 PM

.................................................. ............. you're kidding, no?

Muct
22-04-2012, 10:57 PM
is this the official music video or is this just like a personal video like she did with blue jeans?

i read somewhere that the song's about her choice of sleeping her way to fame (prostitution, doing drugs etc) or becoming what she is now (Lana Del Rey) and she uses "Carmen" to represent the fame-obsessed version of herself.
love her, this song, the video and her albums so much.

Judas
23-04-2012, 12:00 AM
is this the official music video or is this just like a personal video like she did with blue jeans?

i read somewhere that the song's about her choice of sleeping her way to fame (prostitution, doing drugs etc) or becoming what she is now (Lana Del Rey) and she uses "Carmen" to represent the fame-obsessed version of herself.
love her, this song, the video and her albums so much.

idk about using it to find fame but I do think "carmen" is her. a lot of the other songs on the album hint at her being quite promiscuous as a teenager, and drinking alcohol a lot and taking drugs etc. she says "only 17 but she walks the street so mean", she was 17 in 2003 and didn't become lana del rey until 2010, so I don't think it's a song about fame, but I do think it is about her.

Muct
23-04-2012, 12:39 AM
idk about using it to find fame but I do think "carmen" is her. a lot of the other songs on the album hint at her being quite promiscuous as a teenager, and drinking alcohol a lot and taking drugs etc. she says "only 17 but she walks the street so mean", she was 17 in 2003 and didn't become lana del rey until 2010, so I don't think it's a song about fame, but I do think it is about her.

Ya i'm just going off what i've read (i'll try and find it tomorrow whenn i'm not on my phone) but there are also lyrics that hint at the whole fame thing like "Famous and dumb, and no age" and "street walking by night and a star by day" and when i said choosing between prostitution and lana del rey i meant choosing between two different lifestyles but i see where you're coming from.
i realise this post probably makes no sense but i'm crap at explaining stuff and tired so uknow lol

Judas
23-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Ya i'm just going off what i've read (i'll try and find it tomorrow whenn i'm not on my phone) but there are also lyrics that hint at the whole fame thing like "Famous and dumb, and no age" and "street walking by night and a star by day" and when i said choosing between prostitution and lana del rey i meant choosing between two different lifestyles but i see where you're coming from.
i realise this post probably makes no sense but i'm crap at explaining stuff and tired so uknow lol

i didn't think of those lines, interesting. still nothing that suggests she slept around in order to achieve stardom though. i just think it's a kind of "secret double life" kinda thing

kitten
24-04-2012, 02:29 PM
love this so much, lana is amazing

GirlNextDoor15
24-04-2012, 03:25 PM
whatever age she is in whatever year, this song reminds me of marilyn monroe. she's probably singing of a french girl or something.

mndi
27-04-2012, 08:44 PM
i love this song
so much

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!