PDA

View Full Version : School 'friends'

Catchy
22-04-2012, 09:30 PM
I put inverted commas around the word friends just because of the pure fact I don't speak to anyone from my school days, but ye. Anyways today someone commented on my Facebook someone from school who I NEVER spoke to saying "yessss jacob!!! long time long time you good?" just made me laugh so much because I thought, I never used to speak to you so why are you speaking to me???!!

Anyway just wondering, do you guys who've left school still have contact with your school friends? I went to a different college to everyone from my school so no I don't, I speak to one, once in a blue moon I'd say but that's it.

Oh wait my best friend is from school lmao totally forgot but yeah she was in the year above me so let's not count that. You get the idea anyway!

beth
22-04-2012, 09:34 PM
hahaha totally know how this goes.

had a massive amount of friends when i left secondary school and originally kept in touch with a tonne of them because i went to the sixth form attached to my school, then obviously **** happened and i went to a college on the other side of birmingham on my own.

only rly speak to 4/5 girls from school and they were my best friends in year 11. a lot of the girls bore me rigid now so i cba with them.

dirrty
22-04-2012, 09:36 PM
i don't really talk to any of my school friends as i ditched them during the beginning of college (our high school ended in year 9 then college started from year 10-13 which everyone from high school went to) because i didn't like them anymore. so when some of them start talking to me, it's like i haven't spoken to you in years what do u want lmao. i keep in contact with quite a lot my college friends as they're my main social group - but there are some people in our group who i don't class as friends but rather acquaintances as i never talk to them unless we're all together. i do find it amusing when people are like "how are you, haven't spoken to you in ages" though, because it's like why try and start small-talk when in 5 minutes we won't be talking again for a long time :S

j0rd
22-04-2012, 09:38 PM
Very little people from school went to the same college as me, and I never talk to them anyway.
There was like a group of 5 of us from school who all went to different colleges and we still are basically all mates. Most of us see each other every day, go drinking together etc. Two of them are in the army and can only get home when they can, but we still go out for a drink together or hit the gym together.

We really hang out with each other more than we hang out with the people were in college with.

Neversoft
22-04-2012, 09:50 PM
I'm not in contact with anyone I went to school with. Not a single person. We moved a lot when I was young, back in the dark ages where no one had mobile phones or used the internet, so I easily lost contact with people I essentially grew up with or knew in lower school. It wasn't really until high school that we finally settled down, actually. I had a fairly large circle of friends I guess, and we would often meet up on weekends and outside of school hours, but I went to a different college to everyone else when we all left, so that was that, and we just drifted apart.

"Things change. And friends leave. And life doesn't stop for anybody."

It's kind of alienated me, in a way. My oldest friend is someone I met online, and then come my college friends. Everyone around me seems to have people they've grown up with, and I think it's kind of a shame I don't have that. But I don't want to look back and regret, because I met fantastic people at college, and I am so close to my best friend. Although I'm not in contact with a large number of people anymore, I am so fortunate to have a select few who mean the world to me.

dirrty
22-04-2012, 10:01 PM
I'm not in contact with anyone I went to school with. Not a single person. We moved a lot when I was young, back in the dark ages where no one had mobile phones or used the internet, so I easily lost contact with people I essentially grew up with or knew in lower school. It wasn't really until high school that we finally settled down, actually. I had a fairly large circle of friends I guess, and we would often meet up on weekends and outside of school hours, but I went to a different college to everyone else when we all left, so that was that, and we just drifted apart.

"Things change. And friends leave. And life doesn't stop for anybody."

It's kind of alienated me, in a way. My oldest friend is someone I met online, and then come my college friends. Everyone around me seems to have people they've grown up with, and I think it's kind of a shame I don't have that. But I don't want to look back and regret, because I met fantastic people at college, and I am so close to my best friend. Although I'm not in contact with a large number of people anymore, I am so fortunate to have a select few who mean the world to me.
i know what you mean :( i left primary school in year 5 (everyone else stayed until year 6 then the same school after) and did year 6-9 at my high school which was on the other side of town (and i moved house to be closer) and so never really stayed in touch with them after. i have some on facebook, but no friendship really. i've always wanted to "we've been friends since we were in year 1" but i sadly haven't stayed friends with someone for that long :( all my friends now have known each other since primary, bleurgh

dbgtz
22-04-2012, 10:07 PM
I don't talk to any of the people who I was just friendly with. In terms of those I often spoke to, a few went to a different college so I rarely speak to them, one I only see if some other guy is there as he buttlicks him and another I see a few times. I only see a couple of people from my old school frequently.

Catchy
22-04-2012, 10:08 PM
Makes me laugh because when I was at school I had loads of friends and my mum always used to say to me "you know when you get older you only have a couple" haha and how right she was well for me anyway but I'm sure others know what I mean. So naive back then!!

GoldenMerc
24-04-2012, 10:37 AM
Uhm, i see them around my town speak to them. speak to Sonny whos my best school mate but hardly ever. once in a blue moon really.

Samantha
24-04-2012, 10:57 AM
Someone who I knew from year 6 is now in my College and for a year I tried to make her remember who I was, the other week she realised who I was and noticed me at College and smiles and says hi now so in that case I do speak to her.

One of my other friends from infant school moved years ago but sometimes we chat on Facebook or msn and I think I speak to one friend from High School who used to be my best friend. I read my leavers book I have and they all say 'keep in contact after school' and it's like I don't speak to them so meh.

Some people often see me round college though and they'll say hi or just smile but it's not an indepth conversation.

Charlie
24-04-2012, 01:41 PM
I have quite a few people who I went to school with on my Facebook, some I didn't even speak to when I was at school but I still don't speak to them now, at most I like a status or something like that. I don't really talk to anyone I went school with, I'm friends with someone who I was sort of friends with for a few months at school but they were in the year above me so they left not long after but that's about it. I'll often see one or two when I'm out in town and I'll say hi but that's about it. I don't bother with small talk or anything because what's the point? We aren't going to speak again after it.

Inseriousity.
24-04-2012, 02:24 PM
I had a large group of friends in secondary and then we all moved to college and fell out of touch. The only person out of that large group I speak to is a rare msn conversation where we catch up. We have similar interests and career ideas so it turns out that we both decided (not together, seperately) to go to some conference about student research next year so I might see her for the first time in 4 years haha.

My brother, on the other hand, didn't have a large group but a more tight-knit smaller one and they're still friends (2 years after leaving school). In fact, they both work for my dad.

Oleh
24-04-2012, 02:52 PM
I speak to mine all the time. Mainly because we were such a tight nit group.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!