PDA

View Full Version : Family Relationships

CaptainAce$$
23-04-2012, 03:39 PM
This include, mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles, sisters, brothers, cousins and so on.
Is your relationship with your family, good or bad or inbetween.
Discuss it all here (:

Neversoft
23-04-2012, 03:42 PM
My family are all very close and have a great relationship with each other, although as a person I'm fairly reserved, so I don't really open up to them or anything like that. But we all get along swimmingly and see each other often. Well, my dads side of the family, anyway. My mums side is a little broken, and my parents are divorced and I live with my dad, so I'm not really in contact with them at all, besides my mum and my grandad.

Martin
23-04-2012, 03:43 PM
I have the best relationship with my mum, she's always been there for me and has brought me up by herself. My dad pretends I don't exist and hates me (haven't seen him for ages) he used to always get drunk and he's just silly haha, get on well with my brother/sister in law/nieces but don't see them that often anymore as they live in another town. We generally don't do stuff as a family, and I'm a really quiet person anyway and am used to my own company so I guess I don't mind that haha.

Samantha
23-04-2012, 03:44 PM
My immediate family meaning my father, sister and mother is good, at least I think it is. We go on family holidays and spend time with each other during them, we interact with one and other and communicate of course. I think we have been lucky with the bond we share, I think not having things like laptops, ipods and such when we were younger didn't create a wall between us and as we've grown older we've taken that knowledge and progressed throughout the years. We still do family things, we go to family parties etc. I might havd just waffled on but I think it's a good mix, we have different personalities which creates a balance too, now I'm not saying were perfect but we get by that's all you can do really :).

We see my mothers family more than my fathers therefore we share more of a bond with them. With my frees in college I usually go to my aunties house as she lives about 10 minutes away (10 minutes walk for me; I walk fast) they offer to take me back, they help us out and everyone tends to do that no my mothers side. My immediate family don't appear very big as there's only four people but my aunties have 3-6 children each making a lot of cousins so it's never a dull family and something always occurs. Wouldn't have it any other way!

Catchy
23-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Yeah I'd like to think my family all have good relationships with each other for deffo, I've always been bought up to get along with my siblings and respect my parents so yeah. Obviously we all have days were we're like eurg cba but most of the time we're fine :) I'm gonna be working with my mum soon on the same ward so yeah, I guess that proves we're alright haha.

FlyingJesus
23-04-2012, 03:51 PM
We all get along and there's almost never any animosity between us (aside from maybe WILL YOU CLEAN YOUR BLOODY ROOM from time to time) but I don't know that you'd call any of us particularly "close". I think I'm almost certainly the most distant of all despite being the only one still living at home, as I tend to prefer either my own company or the company of friends over hanging out with my family. Every now and then I'll have a football match with my brother or a very drunken debate with my dad, but generally I keep to myself a lot more than the others. As with Chirs, I don't open up to them about important stuff really

MKR&*42
23-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Absolute crap with most of my family lol.

Dad - walked out years ago
Mum - we barely speak to each other because I hate the past I've had with her + I dislike a lot of stuff "she does" today.
Half-sisters - I don't like them because they're so noisy, *****, rude, hyperactive, spoilt etc. Seriously, their attitude is absolutely dreadful, I always frown when my mum lets them have their way all the time lol.

Grandparents - this is practically the only good relationship I have. My nan + granddad are absolutely amazing people in my eyes + I love spending time with them, they've helped me through so much stuff in life and still do. I usually go to them first about anything :) x

Great-gran - Don't really speak to her that much but she's quite a nice person :)

That's my entire family lol. I have no cousins, nephews/nieces or aunts/uncles lol. Oh I didn't mention my "ex-"stepdad.

"Ex-Stepdad" - Absolutely hate his guts, everything he did to me when I was younger severely hurt me mentally and I'm so glad that my mum eventually divorced him and stopped him from seeing my half-sisters, I hated it when he came round. I could hate him more but something happened which means I could never hate him 100%, more like 99% lol.

My grandparents are ultimately the strongest relationship I have in my family.

dirrty
23-04-2012, 04:01 PM
have a very very very close relationships with my mother, sister and maternal grandma. everyone else, blah. haven't spoken to my paternal uncle (others are now dead) in years and don't speak to any of my cousins really.

Cerys
23-04-2012, 04:13 PM
My family is all spread out across the world, eg some in greece. So we are all not very close. We usually meet up every year or so.

---------- Post added 23-04-2012 at 05:14 PM ----------

My family is all spread out across the world, eg some in greece. So we are all not very close. We usually meet up every year or so.

The family I live with - mum and brother - me and mum are close, but me and brother are not close at all.

buttons
23-04-2012, 04:14 PM
so jealous of everyone lol. i have a huge family and we live all near each other.

relationship with mum is pretty good. middle brother is terrible and always has been. have always been close to my eldest brother and still am, i get along well with his girlfriend too. i have a good relationship with my grandad and did with my gran too. don't have a relationship with my dad anymore but surprisingly get along well with his sister and her daughter, but not my gran/grandad from that side. used to get on really well with 2 of my younger cousins but now pretty much all my cousins are everything i hate. i get on good with my mum's sisters too so it's not all that bad :)

dbgtz
23-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Hmm. Well my immediate family take the piss out of everything I do, therefore I really dislike them. Apart from my mum who if I were to open up to, she'd be OK and rarely takes the piss. However now I feel the need to, in essence, act to be someone else. My dad is the worst, he always trys to make me something I'm not, constantly complaining about how none of his sons are big football fans and some other dreams he had of us. At the moment he's forcing me to get a job otherwise I couldn't afford a car, my comeback is that I won't get a car if I can't afford it then he complains that I have to get a car to, and I quote, "have some fun". Whilst I would like to get a car, I don't see the point if I could be going to uni 6-9 months after I pass my test. He doesn't approve of anything I do, he doesn't like anything I do and we generally don't get on well. I appreciate what he's done in the past, but I genuinely can't wait to get out of here as soon as possible.

My mums side of the family I don't speak to anymore since the passing of my Nan, and while I don't mind one of my Uncles, the other one is a right ***. He's one of those posh ***** who think he is better then everyone else and feels the need to send his daughter to some private school.

My dads side, well I dislike my uncle, dislike my aunt, don't speak to my cousins really. My Grandparents are the only people I can stand and even then their outdatedness can be frustrating at points.

I really can't stand my family all in all, which I don't think is very good but you can't change the past.

Rozi
23-04-2012, 07:37 PM
I really like my mum's side of the family although it's just me, my bro, my mam, my uncle and my granny. Although I'm not open with my family, I'm close to my granny. She'll always treat me as a 5 year old and I love that ahaha. She's so squidgy and I think we're on quite similar wavelengths in our thoughts (although she reads the bloody daily mail). She exudes so much love and I know that she will accept me whatever my faults.

My dad's side are so much more proper and less open about feelings. They're very staunch in their views and considering my dad is a bit of the black sheep in the family and my mum was so much younger than him there is always a bit of us being the outsiders. Regardless I do really like them, especially my uncle and my lesbian cousin has always been lovely to me, if a little judgemental. I don't really know my other 3 cousins as they've lived abroad for the majority of my life.

Amberr
23-04-2012, 08:03 PM
I have a very small family. Me and my mum are so close, sounds cheesy but she really is just like my best friend. I only live with my mum, I don't have any siblings. My dad on the other hand is the biggest **** ever lol, I fell out with him big time couple of years ago and he doesn't even want to know me now basically (even though he lives 5 minutes down the road from me), because of this I don't speak to my dads side nomore, i wasn't that keen on them anyway, they were all too up themselves really but it is a shame. My mum's side are alright, I get on with my cousins etc (i only have about 3). My grandparents i'm very close too, my mums parents are split up, my mum's dad lives in greece which is amazing as then I get free holidays ahhh. My mum's mum lives near by, I always go to see her bless her.

Empired
23-04-2012, 08:04 PM
I have the best relationship with my brother. I've only started living with my current family (hiya adopted) recently so I guess it's not really expected for me to be OMG BESTFRIENDS with my mum and her husband, steve. I wouldn't say I have a bad relationship with anyone in my immediate family, but we're certainly not the kind of family who tell each other all our secrets.

Steve and I have a sort of love-hate relationship I guess.. He often gets drunk which makes him quite scary, so I do try to steer clear of him most of the time just in case!!

And my mum cares too much. I wish she'd just give me some space because no, mum, I'm not dealing drugs in my bedroom just because I haven't come out of the room for two hours, it's actually called sleeping :(

My brother- woo love him!

Tom
23-04-2012, 08:16 PM
I've got an OK relationship with my Mum and Step-Dad. A couple of years ago my Dad decided he wanted to see us and now feels like he's not even gonna come down to see us for about 7 months so obviously he doesn't give a ****.

My brothers and sisters, obviously, I hate. Especially my brother as he's incredibly annoying. That's all the family I have really though.

Lindsey
23-04-2012, 08:17 PM
I dont have a good relationship with my mother, but with my father I do. I have a good relationship with my brothers aswell.

geo
23-04-2012, 08:32 PM
um, i think most of my family live pretty close although there are some that live really far away and i don't ever see. i wouldn't say i'm close enough to anyone in my family so that i'm able to open up to them and feel comfortable about it. :( i'd love to have a great relationship with my mum (like loads do) where they're able to treat her like an older sister and just tell her everything that's on there mind, but unfortunately i don't exactly have the courage to talk to my mum, let alone anyone irl.

i live with my mum & dad and well, i stay out their way most of the time. throughout the year my nan and granddad (that spend most of their time living in spain) come to visit and usually stay at our house as there's like their little house thing that i can't explain in our garden. (H) i love all my family and i don't have bad relationships with anyone, it's just i'm not exactly that close to many of them.

garriet
23-04-2012, 09:00 PM
my relationship with my mum is quite good i've gotten really close to her lately so that's nice, but my relationship with my step dad is absolutely ****, he acts like a child and he is fine with my sister. i've given up with him, i think we're too similar whenever we try to talk it ends up in an argument and then everyone starts moaning at me and saying its all my fault, then it ends in a full blown argument. so i've just given up with him...

my mum's side of the family is really nice we're quite close and see each other quite often. yet my dad's side of the family is completely different i haven't seen most of them in years which is really disappointing because they're all lovely and i feel we could get on really well. i think with all the re-marriages have created a big divide in my family, and it means we're not as close as we could have been. just thank ya self lucky if you haven't had many divorces happen, lmao like everyone person has re-married in my family.

CaptainAce$$
23-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Thank you to everyone who has posted. I'll do mine now, only fair to after all XD

I was'nt close to my dad when I was younger but I did start getting close to him as I grew up. I get on alright with my mum but don't like to share alot of things with her and I get along with my brother quite abit. Me and my brother never fight at all. (Except playfighting)
Im not close with my cousins and aunts and i'm more close to my godmother then anyone in my family. Mainly because when my dad died, she was there for me the most. Considering we're not blood related, I think that's pretty nice of her.
All in all, im not as close as I could of been with my family.

Jazz
24-04-2012, 09:20 AM
i have a great relationship with my dad but not with my mum. I get on the most with my grandmother (maternal)

Charlie
24-04-2012, 10:30 AM
We're pretty much all one big happy family, I guess. The family I live with all get along well, apart from the odd argument but that's too expected. My dad sees his mum and brother quite a lot cause they live up the road from us and he works with his brother and they all get along. He has like two sisters and another brother but he doesn't really see them unless they want him to do something for them but they all get along as well. As for my mums side, she's only really got her sister and she's quite ill at the moment so she only sees her when they visit her in the home but they get on while apart from how annoying she can be at times. I get on with my cousins on my mums side as well, I share friends with one of them so we drink sometimes. As for cousins on my dads side, I don't ever see them, just like I don't see my aunts and uncles on my dads side.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!