PDA

View Full Version : Forgiving

CaptainAce$$
23-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Do you forgive people easily? For me it depends on what the person has done. Sometimes I'll forgive them straight away and other times it will take ages to forgive them or even talk to them again. Discuss all things about forgiving people here :)

MKR&*42
23-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Hmm let me find the response I put in a thread I started, which answers this q...

I've always had this thing. I find it impossible to hate someone or something - they may annoy me for a short while and I may ignore them, but I really cannot find it in me to hate anything > I'm not capable of disliking something that much http://www.habboxforum.com/images/smilies/confused.gif. The longest I've managed to ignore someone is literally a month - I just give in and forgive them because I forget the past too easily?

Also, in many situations, I end up feeling sorry for the person who has pissed me off. I mean, someone has mocked me 'very harshly' because of issues with my dad and childhood and managed to make me cry (>_>) and I don't even hate them... I actually feel sorry for them if they're upset (ignoring the entire idea of Karma http://www.habboxforum.com/images/smilies/confused.gif)

Hmm, I posted that about 3/4 months ago and I think my view has changed partially... I'm finding it easier now to remain mad + unforgiving to people but they have to do something completely extreme for me to block them out + not forgive them. Usually it's eventually me forgiving and forgetting about what they've done lol.

dirrty
23-04-2012, 10:04 PM
nope. some guy insulted me like 4 years ago, i haven't forgotten and still dislike him (because of more reasons than the initial thing anyway as i actually find his presence annoying) and show my dislike to him whenever he's around me (especially when it was raining heavy one time and i was giving ppl lifts home from the pub as i wasn't drinking and someone was like "what about andy, he'll be on his own" and i just said "ha, what about him, he's not getting in my car". like he's in my social group and everyone knows i don't like him but find it all amusing anyway.

i just think i can be far too stubborn to forgive someone if the did me wrong, but then again (even though i'm kinda contradicting myself now) it does depend on what the person did in the first place.

Inseriousity.
23-04-2012, 10:09 PM
I'm very stubborn and refuse to forget things. However, I think this is because all my experiences of forgiving someone they've tried to force forgiveness on me ("that was ages ago, just forget it!") which I think is a little rude and disrespectful. Despite that, you'd have to do something really drastic for me to get into a position where I cut off all contact and can't forgive entirely because I'm also a laidback guy and most things don't bother me.

Catchy
23-04-2012, 10:13 PM
Guess it depends what the person has done, usually I don't like to hold a grudge but to be honest, my lifes pretty boring atm nothing exciting really happens. I've fallen out with a couple of friends and haven't forgiven them in the past purely because they'd been **** friends and if there's anything I dislike it's crap mates who aren't loyal. I tend to forgive most things but I think there's some things that I just wouldn't be able to forgive but I like to think it's better to forgive rather than be bitter about it.

dbgtz
23-04-2012, 10:13 PM
No I can hold grudges for years. The oldest one I can think of is like 6 years and counting.

Tom
23-04-2012, 10:14 PM
Well, most of the things in the world don't even bother me because of the way I've lived. There's a couple of people in the world I do not and refuse to get along with as they make my blood boil so much - and that's not exaggerating. I find it easily to forgive and sometimes that gets me into positions I don't want to be in because I feel like I just give up too easily, but it's in my nature to.

It's extremely hard to get me to properly hate you, but it's possible. So to properly answer your question yes I can be forgiving unless you do something unforgiveable. :)

Neversoft
23-04-2012, 10:22 PM
I'm way too forgiving, but I never really feel hatred. If someone lets me down, or disappoints me, or hurts me, I just get really, really upset and depressed. And I want that to end as soon as possible, so I have to be forgiving. It's a shame, in a way. I can see people in my future taking advantage of that.

Cerys
23-04-2012, 10:40 PM
Well, for example I'm not gonna forgive people on HxF till I am like, 30. So I guess I don't forgive easily ;)
Except with my really close friends, with them I would be just so desperate to talk to someone again that I'd forgive them.

geo
24-04-2012, 06:25 AM
Umm, yeah I think I am pretty forgiving. I think I'm let down a lot by my friends so I'm kinda used to it all. I know if I made a big deal about what they did it would just cause an argument and wouldn't be worth it. I think the longest I haven't let something go and moved on was for 6 months and I'm glad it lasted that long as it allowed us to get away from each other and say everything on our minds.

I don't think I could ever hold a grudge that long again, depends who it is and they would have to do such an awful thing to me. :P

orientalframe?
24-04-2012, 06:53 AM
i'm quite forgiving, but i suppose it depends on what the person has done. if anyone just annoys me or disappoints me i just move on and leave it behind :)

Charlie
24-04-2012, 08:51 AM
Depends on the person and what they did but most of the time, I will forgive and forget because life is too short to hold grudges and spend your time being annoyed with someone but if it was something really bad then I'll probably just hold a grudge until things get sorted.

buttons
24-04-2012, 09:04 AM
depends what they've done. generally i forgive a person once but if you do anything else again then i'm less likely too. sometimes i take a while to forgive but i will eventually. although i might forgive, i will often bring up things from the past to use against someone like if they're being hypocritical. i fell out with a friend not long ago because she was acting like i was a crap friend and saying i pick on her to make me look like a bad person infront of everyone and although i say i've forgiven her, i couldn't help bring up the fact she was aggresive and ****** things she's done to me in the past. it's not very fair i know and i hate it being done to me but well... don't do it in the first place then and accept you were wrong :S

Jazz
24-04-2012, 09:13 AM
it depends what they do, most of the time i forgive and forget. but if they do something awful i hold grudges

Samantha
24-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Well I think forgiveness should be earned, those who I struggle to forgive are those who can't admit or see they did wrong and those who do not apologise.

Me and my boyfriend met through a mutual friend, he did something wrong that hurt both mine and my bfs friendship with him, he didn't know what he did wrong nor did he apologse for it in the long run. He knows what he did but he can't be the bigger person for whatever reason, this made me dislike him for months on end and my boyfriend started to forgive him and become his friend again - not as good as before but he put up with him. Although me and my bf think he's an idiot and everything still he just assumes we like him and such, we saw him the other day and he asked if we wanted to walk round for a bit before I went home, we said no and made up an excuse. He did a pretty annoying thing and it somewhat disgusted me and that's one of the longest I've ever gone without forgiving someone.

I usually forgive others too easily, I think if I value them a lot and they don't make mistakes much then I will happily forgive them.

Paige.
24-04-2012, 04:41 PM
I forgive but I don't forget :)

InsaneIcon
24-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Takes me time to forgive at times, probs longer than a month.

Seikou
27-04-2012, 08:16 AM
i forgive but i don't forget. my old best friend turned everyone against me and got everyone to bully me a while ago and although we've spoken about it all now and i've forgiven her, i've obviously not forgotten and things are never going to be the same with us

GirlNextDoor15
27-04-2012, 12:37 PM
depends on what they've done really. i forgive people easily cause my life's too short to hateee. you dont need my forgiveness though if you accidentally spilled some coffee on my favorite pants or whatever cause it's a mistake. cant blame em.
i dont like people lying but im generous.

Well, for example I'm not gonna forgive people on HxF till I am like, 30. So I guess I don't forgive easily ;)
Except with my really close friends, with them I would be just so desperate to talk to someone again that I'd forgive them.

SUPER SPESHUL CASE HERE YEAH I'm forever not gonna forgive you for lying about something so petty which all of us have.. you decided to live your dream lolololol

bobba off mods

Rozi
27-04-2012, 12:57 PM
My perception of myself is that I forgive easily but I really don't actually think I do. I try not to hold grudges about specific experiences but my opinion of someone will permanently change if I think what they have done is inexcusable.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!