PDA

View Full Version : School Trips

Cerys
24-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Have you ever been on a school trip (where you stay overnight) if so, where to and did you enjoy it?!

I went to about 5 in primary school. Then I went to the peak district and Germany in highschool. They were all so fun

Next year, I've managed to persuade my mum to let me go on a ski trip to Austria!!! It took loads of persuading to do though... it costs £1000-ish... :P

FlyingJesus
24-04-2012, 03:30 PM
Had one in october with college that literally turned into an orgy

SackRace
24-04-2012, 03:41 PM
Went to one in Scotland called Nethybridge! Brilliant fun stayed for a week. Also i'm going to a ski trip to austria next year with the school cost's over £800 and we're not getting a plane, we getting a *REMOVED* bus!!! :'(

24-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Im going camping tomorrow on a school trip stay in a tent for 2 days in the rain :/

Catchy
24-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Went to Disney Land Paris once with School for a week, went to Tunisia with college for a week and also went to Africa for 2 weeks with College.

Yeah loved them they were all fab!

Cerys
24-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Went to one in Scotland called Nethybridge! Brilliant fun stayed for a week. Also i'm going to a ski trip to austria next year with the school cost's over £800 and we're not getting a plane, we getting a *REMOVED* bus!!! :'(

Exactly what we're doing.
:O When are you going? And what resort?
We're going in the easter holidays; to Uga Alp hotel in Damuls.

kitten
24-04-2012, 03:58 PM
i went to paris last year, it was sooo good, went right up the eiffel tower, had so much fun aha. the weather was poor though :(

dirrty
24-04-2012, 04:01 PM
er, the only residential trips i went on in school were osmotherley, paris/normandy and london. wanted to go on the ski trip but i was moving house during the time and my mum was like "lol, i don't have £1k spare for you, soz".

Mark
24-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Went to Wimbledon in 2010 and going again this year. Then next year I'm going to France/Belgium for 5 days.

Rhw
24-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Last time I went on a school trip was to France in year 9, was brilliant.

Shockwave.2CC
24-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Went to Disneyland Paris, France & Belgium with the school, they were OK I guess

LoveToStack
24-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Just the one. Went to Iceland when I was ~15/16 on a geography trip and we went around the country visiting various natural landmarks. We got to see a load of huge waterfalls, got to go inside a glacier, saw the meeting point of two tectonic plates and swam in the blue lagoon. It was incredible. I took quite a few videos on my phone at the time but lost them when my old hard drive broke. Still have some photos I took with a disposable camera though which is some consolation.

Had a fantastic time and would recommend that people take the chance to go on school trips if they can.

Zuth
24-04-2012, 04:55 PM
I had one at Standon Bowers and Laches Wood (Something like that anyway) We stayed for a week and are great fun!

Samantha
24-04-2012, 05:07 PM

My old school goes on a ski trip every year. They decided to go on a plane for the first time ever and what happens? Icelandic volcano, they couldn't get back lmao!

I've never been on a overnight one, based on not affording it, no passport and not willing to go abroad too.

beth
24-04-2012, 05:09 PM
lol my parents don't like to hand out random £1000's.

i went to a couple of english residential tings in primary school and a day trip to france in secondary school. oh and aberystwyth uni in sixth form.

Jurv
24-04-2012, 05:12 PM
i've only ever went to one in primary school. it was like a weekend full of different activities and i really enjoyed it. i think overall it only costed around £150 and was definitely worth every bit of the money. there were like three people per room (you could choose the people you wanted to stay with) and it was really good fun. unfortunately i haven't been on many school trips since. most of the ones during secondary school are either ski related or just day trips to educational places or theme parks.

Cerys
24-04-2012, 05:20 PM
lol my parents don't like to hand out random £1000's.

i went to a couple of english residential tings in primary school and a day trip to france in secondary school. oh and aberystwyth uni in sixth form.

I'm paying half of it, and my mum + dad are splitting the other half. :)

SackRace
24-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Exactly what we're doing.
:O When are you going? And what resort?
We're going in the easter holidays; to Uga Alp hotel in Damuls.

I think we are to lmfao not sure were we're going but were going in Easter might see you haha! x

Cerys
24-04-2012, 05:24 PM
I think we are to lmfao not sure were we're going but were going in Easter might see you haha! x

Oh wow xD What a coincidence! See you there then ;]

SackRace
24-04-2012, 05:25 PM
My old school goes on a ski trip every year. They decided to go on a plane for the first time ever and what happens? Icelandic volcano, they couldn't get back lmao!

I've never been on a overnight one, based on not affording it, no passport and not willing to go abroad too.

lmfao i hope no one draws on my face while sleeping on the bus its like 50 hours. criez

Tom
24-04-2012, 05:39 PM
I couldn't really ever afford it :(

garriet
24-04-2012, 06:08 PM
I went to Sicily this year for 5 days, was an amazing experience as we got to go up mount etna! I hope to go to another trip next year, also! :)

geo
24-04-2012, 06:35 PM
I've only been to one where I stayed for more than one night once and that was in year 6. I did kind of enjoy it although the eating for me is a nightmare as I'm so fussy and well their food wasn't exactly great so I ended up feeling sick. I've had other opportunities to go whilst at Secondary school but I just haven't bothered because I would rather go on a holiday with my mum and dad where I feel comfortable, rather than being with teachers and crying a lot! I prefer the day trips more than the long trips. :P

Technologic
24-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Went to Costa Rica (Biology trip) and The Gambia (Geography trip) with school. Also the usual trips like London and the welsh mountains for Geography... I don't ski so i never went on the Christmas, february half term or easter ski trips. Wasn't in a sports team either but they went on tours of India, China, South Africa, Namibia and New Zealand (was pretty jealous)

Cerys
24-04-2012, 06:51 PM
Went to Costa Rica (Biology trip) and The Gambia (Geography trip) with school. Also the usual trips like London and the welsh mountains for Geography... I don't ski so i never went on the Christmas, february half term or easter ski trips. Wasn't in a sports team either but they went on tours of India, China, South Africa, Namibia and New Zealand (was pretty jealous)

I've never been skiing - only been water skiing - but I'm going skiing next year! You shouldve gone to try it out.
+ wow your school goes all over the world!

Vause
24-04-2012, 08:49 PM
I went to France with School in year 9 so likeee... 2004/5? ages ago now! Loved it.

Oleh
24-04-2012, 10:31 PM
Filey in year 5 (stayed for a week), Whitby in year 6 (Stayed for a week) & Italy in year 8 skiing (stayed for a week).

Jesus £1000~ to go skiing in austria, I went http://www.j2ski.com/ski_resorts/Italy/Passo_Rolle.html for a week and it cost £600~

Cerys
25-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Filey in year 5 (stayed for a week), Whitby in year 6 (Stayed for a week) & Italy in year 8 skiing (stayed for a week).

Jesus £1000~ to go skiing in austria, I went http://www.j2ski.com/ski_resorts/Italy/Passo_Rolle.html for a week and it cost £600~

Ours is £760, but with all the equipment hire (clothing) and spending money etc, it totals £1000

Gina
25-04-2012, 04:10 PM
all of mine was in primary school
went to erm hms belfast for 2days
isle of wight 5 days
hindleap warren 5days
france 2days

Rixion
06-05-2012, 02:03 AM
went to derwent water around the lakes last year for geography for a weeek.

iBlueBox
06-05-2012, 08:41 AM
Going to New York + Washington with history next year.

Camy
06-05-2012, 11:38 PM
The schools I went to were clearly crap. Only good trip I had was in fourth year, a 5 day one to France/Belgium to see the trenches of WW1 and such. We went to a big theme park in Belgium too, was good!

Chippiewill
06-05-2012, 11:46 PM
I had several in primary school, since then I've only had an overnight trip to london. There have been various opportunities for abroad trips but they never really appealed to me.

Abbie.
06-05-2012, 11:53 PM
i went skiing in france and then to barcelona, but barcelona just ended up a complete piss up because it was a 6th form trip but yea, im not spoit so i didnt like asking my mum and dad to fund useless trips

Eric
07-05-2012, 08:25 AM
Been on a school trip once to Singapore. It was quite fun.

Cerys
07-05-2012, 09:04 AM
Been on a school trip once to Singapore. It was quite fun.

I'd love to go abroad as far as Singapore one day! The only problem is is that if the oppurtunity did come up, I wouldn't take it because I am very scared of planes. So I'd only go with my family on some sort of drug ;P

OT; We went on a trip to Alton Towers and stayed in the resort. That was loads of fun :D

Smurfed-
07-05-2012, 11:55 AM
I went on this German exchange and it put me off going to Germany. It was horrible :(

Cerys
07-05-2012, 12:00 PM
I went on this German exchange and it put me off going to Germany. It was horrible :(

Aw what happened? D;

Charlie
07-05-2012, 12:07 PM
In primary school, I went on PGL trips where you stayed for the week or whatever and did things like archery, I don't remember where we went though and I think we went on two. In high school they had this thing called activity week where they'd offer different trips/activities. I didn't go anywhere the first two years but the last year I went London overnight and then the rest of week, I don't remember but we went Drayton Manor one day as well.

Cerys
07-05-2012, 12:16 PM
In primary school, I went on PGL trips where you stayed for the week or whatever and did things like archery, I don't remember where we went though and I think we went on two. In high school they had this thing called activity week where they'd offer different trips/activities. I didn't go anywhere the first two years but the last year I went London overnight and then the rest of week, I don't remember but we went Drayton Manor one day as well.

i went to PGL last year. Not with school though, just on my own :3
It was so good. I did Motorsports, so I was constantly flying off motorbikes etc xD

AlexHenry
07-05-2012, 12:29 PM
I went to PGL with my school and then I went to PGL by myself with my sister in the Isle Of Wight and then to Camp Beaumont, ugh, never going again because the dorms were disgusting!

Cerys
07-05-2012, 12:31 PM
I went to PGL with my school and then I went to PGL by myself with my sister in the Isle Of Wight and then to Camp Beaumont, ugh, never going again because the dorms were disgusting!

How many people did you share with in your dorm?
I only had to share with 1 other person, so we kept it tidy. The only problem I had was that there was loads and loads of drawing on the walls!

Gotta love PGL though :)

Smurfed-
07-05-2012, 12:36 PM
Aw what happened? D;

the host family I had kept me locked up indoors all day and wouldn't let me go out. They were a bunch of nutters who couldn't cook

Cerys
07-05-2012, 12:45 PM
the host family I had kept me locked up indoors all day and wouldn't let me go out. They were a bunch of nutters who couldn't cook

ogod. Sounds like you had fun with a bunch of freaks! xD

Eric
07-05-2012, 01:09 PM
I'd love to go abroad as far as Singapore one day! The only problem is is that if the oppurtunity did come up, I wouldn't take it because I am very scared of planes. So I'd only go with my family on some sort of drug ;P

OT; We went on a trip to Alton Towers and stayed in the resort. That was loads of fun :D

That sounds great! Singapore is just next to my country so i can just take an 8 hours bus ride or a 40 minutes flight to arrive there. Singapore is very beautiful!

AlexHenry
07-05-2012, 04:02 PM
How many people did you share with in your dorm?
I only had to share with 1 other person, so we kept it tidy. The only problem I had was that there was loads and loads of drawing on the walls!

Gotta love PGL though :)

There were four of us and the room was tiny.. There were cockroaches in the bathroom and the floor used to get so muddy and the shower was just well ew - this was at Camp Beaumont and the activities were better but I agree, PGL was amazing. I did a spy activity at PGL and our group leader always took us to all the meals early so we weren't in the rush. ;)

Cerys
07-05-2012, 05:47 PM
That sounds great! Singapore is just next to my country so i can just take an 8 hours bus ride or a 40 minutes flight to arrive there. Singapore is very beautiful!
I'd definitely love to visit there one day. You're so lucky living next to it! x

There were four of us and the room was tiny.. There were cockroaches in the bathroom and the floor used to get so muddy and the shower was just well ew - this was at Camp Beaumont and the activities were better but I agree, PGL was amazing. I did a spy activity at PGL and our group leader always took us to all the meals early so we weren't in the rush. ;)

Oh wow, that sounds awful!!!!

We always got let in for dinner late by being kept back to be told off for being too noisy - There was only 2 girls inc me in our group of 18, so you can imagine the noise a bunch of annoying 15+16yrolds would make! ;)
Sounds like you had a nice group leader, though :)

AlexHenry
07-05-2012, 06:58 PM
I'd definitely love to visit there one day. You're so lucky living next to it! x

Oh wow, that sounds awful!!!!

We always got let in for dinner late by being kept back to be told off for being too noisy - There was only 2 girls inc me in our group of 18, so you can imagine the noise a bunch of annoying 15+16yrolds would make! ;)
Sounds like you had a nice group leader, though :)

Lucky and yeah, he was! :)

Matthew
07-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Been all over!

Been on 3 ski trips to various places in france and austria

Went on a PGL trip for a week in the Ardeche (south of france). This was really good. For the first 3 days we canoed down the Ardeche, and for the next 4 days we moved to a beach resort and just did water sports. It was so hot though!

Went on a rugby tour for a few days to Holland

Went on a cricket tour for a week to Cyprus

Went on a history trip to Belgium to see some of the war stuff

and next school year I'm going to Berlin for another history trip :)

My school offers a lot of opportunities to go abroad and stuff :)

Pegle
08-05-2012, 05:49 PM
I'm going to Italy in the summer with school and we're getting a plane.

Maneloxford3
08-05-2012, 06:10 PM
WOW Cerys you´re going to Austria next year ? Me too, with my german school :)! haha nice. Yeah, last time i did one, i went to Obidos Camp. It was very nice.

---------- Post added 08-05-2012 at 07:13 PM ----------

we´re going to stay in Austria one week, i think.

wiktoria
09-05-2012, 04:09 PM
in yr 5 i went prestatyn with my primary school and i hated it
in yr 6 i went PGL and i loved it it was soooo good if i could i'd go again
not been on a school trip since :| i wanted to go to the france performing arts trip but none of my friends wanted to go so i didn't want to be the only one out of my friends to go

lTraditional
09-05-2012, 04:20 PM
I went to loads when I was back in primary school, the final one was when I went camping for 2 nights which was so fun and we got to ride quad bikes and everything! I miss the good old days but then again, I wouldn't exactly be interested in doing it now!

Lee
12-05-2012, 02:22 PM
My last ever school trip was a trip to Jaguar in Liverpool.

luce
13-05-2012, 08:03 AM
France year 5
School camp year 6
Barbados 10 nights year 10 (sports tour)
Ski trip 6 nights
Berlin 4 night year 12 (history)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!