PDA

View Full Version : Habbo CM's coming Monday?

Catchy
24-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Me Red; and Kyle; were just in the council lounge thingy and Paul was online saying that the beta testers for Habbo CM will be picked on Monday.

Apparently you have to have a lot of online time and a 4 year old account to be picked and I think he said they're randomly selecting 5k Habbo's who will start off as basic CM's. It then goes by how many 'votes' you get for the help you have given for example has your help been good or bad then you can progress to higher levels etc.

Apparently it's sort of like the Habbo Guides programme but better.

What do you think?

Zuth
24-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Sounds interesting, I wish I got picked now :(

Andii
24-04-2012, 05:44 PM
thats crap people will just make sure their clones vote them good help =/

Janitor
24-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Apparently you can only get votes from people you're assigned to help, to avoid clones voting.
Sounds interesting, I hope it works out and isn't a total shambles. ;P

MKR&*42
24-04-2012, 05:51 PM
4 year account, not me then aha. I don't go on Habbo much anymore so I'm not that fussed over them lol.

Anyway, sounds interesting I suppose + I imagine a lot of people will wish to be a BETA tester.

Kyle
24-04-2012, 05:58 PM
it's a shame about the account length criteria, i have plenty that are older but not moving accounts just to help people. beta comes monday yes then if it's successful i think will be rolled out to wider audience.

scottish
24-04-2012, 06:00 PM
both accounts i mainly use are 4 year, and x online time badge but both have alot of bans :p

starting with 5k is a bit much though.

I thought it would start with like 100 then die down to like 30-50 people gaining it.

iBlueBox
24-04-2012, 06:02 PM
My account age: 5 years
Logged in times in a row: 451 days
Online time; 4,450 hours....

that screams addict... hopes i have a chance.

Tom
24-04-2012, 06:05 PM
Well, what about some people who had to re-register their accounts due to the merge or other things that's been Habbo's own fault? I suppose there's still a lot of people with a chance to get it but yeah, they should probably widen the criteria IMO (especially the amount of years the account has been signed up for).

geo
24-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Meh, because of the account age I can't be picked and I won't be swapping accounts to do this. Seems a little silly, they could have some great helpers but those people would just have moved accounts over time? :S

I really wish I had got picked and stuff, oh well. :P We'll see how things go.

scottish
24-04-2012, 06:08 PM
People were given a year to merge their account, so wasn't habbos fault if a user lost their account :P

Most people who want to use the 3-4 char names will be screwed as most of them ware like 2010-11 aint they?

Jazz
24-04-2012, 06:42 PM
ooooh, looking forward to seeing who habbo picks!

Pigperson
24-04-2012, 10:12 PM
Sounds fun, I wish I got picked :(

Will

Mathew
24-04-2012, 10:17 PM
It's interesting how people are so eager to help when they're getting recognition and a badge for it. It's very rare people make a point by going out of their way to assist new users on Habbo.

JerseySafety
24-04-2012, 10:30 PM
4 years is rubbish. If I didn't change accounts I'd probably have a chance but yeah that 4 years thing is the most ridiculous thing ever

xxMATTGxx
24-04-2012, 10:47 PM
Yeah due to this criteria I've just realised I registered my account like 7 or so years ago.. my god. Anyway, It will be interesting to see how this turns out and if it will be a great success or not.

Kieran
24-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Well hopefully with my near 10 year old account I'll get picked xD

Matthew.
24-04-2012, 11:56 PM
if my account didn't get permed for nothing it'd be interesting to see if I would of gotten picked.

We'll see how it turns out I guess!

e5
25-04-2012, 04:38 PM
thats crap people will just make sure their clones vote them good help =/

If I was to get in, I would do it legitimately, whereby I get honest votes! I hate people that cheat - That won't make them an honest CM and that's not what they will be looking for.

---------- Post added 25-04-2012 at 04:48 PM ----------

I did like to help people, although the problem with this is people rarely take your advice if they don't think your in a posistion of authority or have something official to say you know what you're talkign about or that you're here to help and not a scammer.

It's great to have these help desks but you never know to trust the information youre given. Being a Habbo CM for example makes you looked upon as someone to trust and you get more recognition so more people come to you for help.

This is just my view.
It's interesting how people are so eager to help when they're getting recognition and a badge for it. It's very rare people make a point by going out of their way to assist new users on Habbo.

dbgtz
25-04-2012, 04:48 PM
My account age: 5 years
Logged in times in a row: 451 days
Online time; 4,450 hours....

that screams addict... hopes i have a chance.

Where do you see such statistics?

Kyle
25-04-2012, 04:55 PM
If I was to get in, I would do it legitimately, whereby I get honest votes! I hate people that cheat - That won't make them an honest CM and that's not what they will be looking for.

---------- Post added 25-04-2012 at 04:48 PM ----------

I did like to help people, although the problem with this is people rarely take your advice if they don't think your in a posistion of authority or have something official to say you know what you're talkign about or that you're here to help and not a scammer.

It's great to have these help desks but you never know to trust the information youre given. Being a Habbo CM for example makes you looked upon as someone to trust and you get more recognition so more people come to you for help.

This is just my view.
hmm not necessarily. habbo guides was open to all and nobody was seen as authoritative aside from the wolves, who seemingly never helped people anyway - on uk hotel at least. the main problem is that without incentive people won't want to help. hopefully no badges for higher up CMs.

achievements on habbo. http://i48.tinypic.com/ix8thu.png

Andii
25-04-2012, 05:15 PM

you can get them off your badges apparently

iBlueBox
25-04-2012, 05:21 PM

Habbo achievement badges.

I converted the minutes one into hours.

e5
25-04-2012, 05:36 PM
I'm quite bad at logging in several times in a row, I think i'm still at the log in 26 times in a row, but then again that shouldn't reall matter anyway as I may miss a day which is what a normal human being might do.

---------- Post added 25-04-2012 at 05:39 PM ----------

I see your point Kyle, but I think HabboCM's may be respected more, such as the Habbo X's were. Although Habbo CM's have a little extra control, I believe? I just hope they don't pick power abusive Habbo's if they are going to give out such authority. I'm glad theres none of the whole application process, given a fairer chance to those within the criteria, as you may be having an off day when writing your application and fail because of it. This way, you get a trial to see how good you are when doing the actual job.

hmm not necessarily. habbo guides was open to all and nobody was seen as authoritative aside from the wolves, who seemingly never helped people anyway - on uk hotel at least. the main problem is that without incentive people won't want to help. hopefully no badges for higher up CMs.

achievements on habbo. http://i48.tinypic.com/ix8thu.png

e5
26-04-2012, 07:26 AM
I've worked mine out roughly:

Joined 2005 (7 years ago)
Spent 2300 hours roughly online

e5
27-04-2012, 03:01 PM
more proof that it is next week

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m424/plip1953/proof.png

Kyle
27-04-2012, 03:16 PM
more proof that it is next week

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m424/plip1953/proof.png
blog now says finland so i expect it will be there. paul didn't tell us it would be on .com just talked about when the first ones would be picked. still not a clue whether once beta is finished it will actually be open to all or just a select few, he never cleared that up.

MKR&*42
27-04-2012, 03:27 PM
blog now says finland so i expect it will be there. paul didn't tell us it would be on .com just talked about when the first ones would be picked. still not a clue whether once beta is finished it will actually be open to all or just a select few, he never cleared that up.

To clarify this point ^, here's an extract from the latest 'behind the pixels' thing;

"That's why we'll be starting out with a small Alpha test phase during the first week of May, testing some of the most crucial 'Habbo Helper' features. Alpha will be launched first in Habbo Finland, which is a smaller Hotel, then we'll expand to Habbo Spain, which is slightly bigger."

"Slightly bigger" lol, I think they mean A LOT bigger.

j0rd
27-04-2012, 03:35 PM
My account is about a month off 4 years aha
Thought it was older than that, have accounts older but hardly ever use them compared to my main

e5
28-04-2012, 11:12 AM
He only said this yesterday though? So it may be UK now? He finished that sentence saying but things change fast here or something but I think it's cut it off.

scottish
28-04-2012, 11:48 AM
my accounts 8 years, habbic for CM.

Kieran
28-04-2012, 12:08 PM
my accounts 8 years, habbic for CM.

Ahahaha.... can you imagine that :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!