PDA

View Full Version : How did you apply for your job?

lizzieTBH.
27-04-2012, 04:56 PM
I'm contemplating just printing off 50 copies of my CV and handing it to someone who works in any shops I'd work in.
Is that how to go about getting a job?

I'm wanting to start applying now before the big rush in June-August time with all the other 16 year olds finishing school, not to even mention the college lot.

Do they HAVE to be hiring for you to hand a CV in?

And for those who didn't go through that process can still answer, my friends all got their jobs from work experience or family/friends working there which I think is lucky.
How about you? (H)

Aidenn
27-04-2012, 07:04 PM
I've normally just handed CV's out, but modified them slighly most of the time (Ill often put the 'shops name' into my cv under the personnal statement bit often explaining why id like to work there, what i can offer etc..)

That way they are all more Unique to that place.

And they don;t nessercarily have to be hiring, most times they wont be but will put your cv on file / contact you for an interview.

Charlie
27-04-2012, 07:15 PM
I filled in a form and handed it in but before that, I handed out CVs to places that were hiring and asked if places were hiring/would take my CV, checked the job centre website etc.

Amberr
27-04-2012, 07:27 PM
I just handed out loads of CV's and some people do accept your CV's even if they are not hiring at the time, they will probably keep you on record if they do take it from you. But my current job I got was just by filling out an application form online, my advice is to just keep your eyes open around your local town for any notices in the shop windows. They will always advertise and by checking online.

Lee
30-04-2012, 06:01 PM
The nightclub I inboxed on fb and they took me on there and then, and McDonalds I went through the online application procedure.

Abbie.
30-04-2012, 11:02 PM
My friend gave me an application, had an interview, got the job

redtom
30-04-2012, 11:50 PM
Rolled up, Filled out a form, beasted the interview, got the job. EASY.

I've never had a hard time getting jobs, the job I'm in now is the only one I didn't get on the spot and had to go to an interview for but obviously I got that, come to think of it I've never even applied for a job I haven't got. Now that's a record :)

Shockwave.2CC
01-05-2012, 01:21 AM
Done it over the internet with a CV attached

Rhw
01-05-2012, 05:26 PM
I always apply on-line, it's easy and efficient.

kasi
01-05-2012, 10:30 PM
most places here want you to apply online, idk about the uk
just go to their website and at the top or bottom of the page there will be a careers link. and it will have any openings available and tell you how to apply

scott
01-05-2012, 10:34 PM
i got the interview for my job through a family friend so I just went in for the interview then the next day had my induction!

AlexJRiley
01-05-2012, 11:04 PM
When i apply for a job i speak to the highest person i can find e.g. manager, if you cant see the manager ask for them hand the CV directly to them as most staff will just chuck it in the bin. When applying via application form ring up a few days later to find out if the applications been processed, basically just chase it up. When applying online go into the store, introduce yourself to the manager tell them you applied. Basically you need to push yourself. Show you're not afraid to approach people and try and make a connection.

Milarz
02-05-2012, 07:05 AM
KFC Cook = Sent in an app
SES Rescue = Phoned them.

Sloths
02-05-2012, 07:27 AM
Applied online then had induction. One I have at the moment is where my Mum works so I didn't have to apply or anything I just got the job :P

Arron
03-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Applied for McDonalds online and rang up the stadium to get my job as a Steward.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!