PDA

View Full Version : Being greeted by someone you don't know/remember

dbgtz
27-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Well basically today I was greeted on the walk home from someone who I recognised the face of, but could not remember. Looking at it now I should have asked how they knew me. So does this ever happen to anyone just out of curiosity?

Also if anyone knows how I can find who this person is feel free to mention it to me.

Matthew
27-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Ah I hate it when that happens...

I was rang the other day and I didn't recognise the person on the phone, so I just answered as if it was someone selling something or whatever...

Then after a few minutes I realised that it was my uncle whom I hadn't seen for a couple of years.

Embarrassing stuff :(

beth
27-04-2012, 08:13 PM
oh i always get this but it's usually with my mom and it's usually like OH YOU WERE AT NURSERY TOGETHER / OH YOU DID A DANCE TOGETHER AT STAGE SCHOOL / OH SHE USED TO CUT YR HAIR / OH IT'S _____ NAN

like i give a ****.

Charlie
27-04-2012, 08:15 PM
I had this happen a while ago, I was just like 'Oh, yeah, I remember you' when I didn't have a clue until I facebooked them.

Rhw
27-04-2012, 08:42 PM
I had this about a year ago when I saw my primary school teacher. She smiled at me but I just blanked her. Then I remembered who she was once I got in the car!

Lee
27-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Yeah happens every now and then but then, I do it to some people too from a while a go who just don't remember me. Its not nice to be on the other side haha.

lizzieTBH.
27-04-2012, 09:13 PM
My dad once went inside a pub, a woman came out 2mins later asking "Are you Elizabeth?" and I was like "..yeah.."

Turns out it was my cousin.

Inseriousity.
27-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Years ago, did my paperround and someone offered to give me a lift home. was like :O politely say no and back away quickly. turns out he was a neighbour of ours but better safe than sorry! I think the shock of someone offering me a lift out of the blue means I didn't really recognise him.

Samantha
28-04-2012, 10:08 AM
It was college open evening I was handing out leaflets. My cousin walked past me but I didn't see her until I saw my uncle behind. I tapped her arm and give her a leaflet and my uncle blankly said thank you. At the end of the talk my auntie comes upto me nd goes are you Samantha? I was like yes nd only my cousin recognised me after all that.

My nursery teacher didn't recognise me. I went there for work experience and one of the helpers asked me my name i told her and she said are you so and so sister and I said yes. She took me to the nursery room and was explaining to the teacher I was on work experience. She told me to sharpen some pencils even though she still had no idea. The other teacher who knew I was coming came and told her who I was. I think she was rather shocked to see me as she taught me 11 years before that. Also saw my old maths teacher there and she recognised me more. Anyway I've been on the receiving end more lol

geo
28-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Never really. I DON'T GO OUT ENOUGH FOR IT TO HAPPEN.
I've seen people I've gone to primary school but I've never actually said ''Hi, I remember you!'' or something, and they've never done the same. They're probably happy to get me out of their life. :P

GirlNextDoor15
28-04-2012, 02:08 PM
Yeah. Happened to me once at the public library. A tall woman kinda smiled to me and she looked so familiar. I knew she was my teacher but I don't remember anything about her like what subject did she teach me or her name etc. Just never know. weirddd

Catchy
28-04-2012, 02:20 PM
Yeah always happens to me and sometimes vise vera, my mums work friend patsy always used to come round our house and I was at work on Wednesday and Patsy came upto me and said "are you the paediatric doc?!!! I swear they're getting younger everyday" LMAO I was like no............ gaynors son and she was like oh yeah I remember now, meh silly cow.

dirrty
28-04-2012, 02:51 PM
kinda happened last tuesday, got into a conversation with this girl in a club and she was like yeah i know you - we went to the same college blahblahblah. i just said sorry i don't recognise you (she mentioned her friends names and i was saying yeah i know them but sorry i don't remember you). lmao, i don't think she was best pleased after that.

shiver
30-04-2012, 12:37 AM
lolll this always happens to me with the people who live in the flat next door to me on nights out. they're like "HAY RYAAAAAAN" and i'm like soz i don't remember ur name lol...

awk tho i was going to get a parcel the other day and was liek HAAAAAAAY U ALRIGHT? to some poor girl who i thought was a girl i know. she was kind enough to say hi back tho, just walked off a bit bewildered

Empired
30-04-2012, 03:59 PM
It happens to me all the time and I only remember who they are after I've been really rude to them or they've walked off :rolleyes:

Cerys
30-04-2012, 06:01 PM
I had a random man wave at me from a car when I was walking to the shops. I had no idea who it was for about 30mins after that, it turned out to be my dads friend! XD

Chris
30-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Nope it's never happened to me, but my mum mentioned this the other day and said it happens to her all the time. :P

Camy
01-05-2012, 03:29 AM
Yeah, I have like a 5-second memory so this happens to me all the time. Was terrible when I worked on checkouts, people id spoken to before/had big conversations with would come in and id have no clue who they were until they'd left.

wiktoria
01-05-2012, 06:04 AM
the other day some guy started talking to me and started saying how he missed me and i had no idea who he was but i just played along with it anyway...(H)

Catchetat
04-05-2012, 07:18 PM
i got greeted by a nurse. he acted a bit too familiar. probably just a nice guy XD

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!