PDA

View Full Version : Help us with our research into micro-transactions in online games

Aramande
02-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Greetings gamers.

We are two students from Stockholm University, writing our thesis on micro transactions in different genres of multiplayer games. To get a good comparison we have chosen to only compare items which have no impact on the game, as well as choosing the games which are praised for their business-model.The games we have chosen to compare are Habbo, Team Fortress 2 and Maple Story.
We hope to see what makes micro transactions work, and if there's a difference between the genres. Please contribute to our research whether you are a buyer or not. We want to hear from all kinds of people.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHRNSlpfLWtoQmhkZUdES1pyUTRwbHc6M Q#gid=0

Thank you for your time.

Samantha
02-05-2012, 05:29 PM
Sharing accounts isn't allowed :(.

What do you mean buyer or not? If you mean have I bought one of the games, no I haven't due to the fact Habbo is free to sign up and such?
I don't see much difference in the genre as they're all for the same purpose too.

Aramande
16-05-2012, 07:42 AM
When we say buyer, we refer to a player who has bought a cashshop item, such as furniture and similar items.
As far as the genre goes, we divided the genres into RPG, FPS and Casual.
Hope that clears things up, we would love to see more entries from habbo players.

CrazyLemurs
17-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Sam, they're university students.
I think it's allowed in their situation?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!