PDA

View Full Version : Just an idea

Glen Coco
02-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Can there not be a sub forum or something that is 16+ where we can swear and stuff and not get warned for being a little bit offensive? I'm sure everyone over the age of 16 can put up with a little bit of Internet banter. Obviously if there's racism and stuff that's a different story.

Grig
02-05-2012, 09:25 PM
but that would take away from the activity of the main forum, so I know there will be disagreement to this.

wixard
02-05-2012, 09:26 PM
i want one :'(

but we'll never get one.

Glen Coco
02-05-2012, 09:27 PM
But there would also be a lot less pointless warnings and upset about 'rude' posts if there was a bit for 16+'s where the rules were a bit more lenient

GommeInc
02-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Why would you want to be offensive? This isn't the sort of forum where you swear at each for entertainment. One would hope this is a place to escape from the youth stereotypes which only know how to communicate in swears or by banging their heads against poles. The current system is fine, and this suggestion comes up far too often and doesn't really promote forum activity.

Samantha
02-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Anyone can lie about their age and some people under 16 are more mature than those over.

beth
02-05-2012, 09:53 PM
idk about a subforum and i wouldn't know about losing the filter, but just somewhere we can loosen the mature rules (e.g: no spoilers for "mature" content) etc.

The Don
02-05-2012, 10:00 PM
No holds barred banter thread...

Jurv
02-05-2012, 10:01 PM
i don't agree with a sub-forum as it would probably decrease activity on the main forum but couldn't we have an option to remove the filter or something? i'm sure i've seen it implemented on another forum and it seemed like a really good idea.

Smiddy
02-05-2012, 10:07 PM
I don't think it's possible, but if there was a way to "lose" the filter the filter when you reach a certain age.
Example, if you're 15 years 364 days old or younger, you see ****s for swears, and 16 years or older, you can see the swears?
Obviously this would have to be monitored so younger users don't find a way to get around this potential "priviledge".

jasey
02-05-2012, 10:18 PM
Who decides on the age of sixteen? There are people from all across the globe on this forum and I guarantee you that some of the over sixteens on this forum from different countries would be quite offended at things twelve year olds see regularly in other countries. For this reason, Habbo doesn't remove the filter for most blocked content based on age — you simply opt out when you are ready.

Neversoft
02-05-2012, 10:20 PM
I don't understand why swearing has to be such a necessity.

Smiddy
02-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Who decides on the age of sixteen? There are people from all across the globe on this forum and I guarantee you that some of the over sixteens on this forum from different countries would be quite offended at things twelve year olds see regularly in other countries. For this reason, Habbo doesn't remove the filter for most blocked content based on age — you simply opt out when you are ready.
In my post I was just using 16 as an example, I personally would set the bar at 15 based on film ratings and their contents. But I do with you, you should know in yourself when you're ready to see such content.

Rozi
02-05-2012, 10:21 PM
so basically spam but with dirty jokes allowed?
noty

Rhw
02-05-2012, 10:22 PM
I agree that the sub-forum idea isn't great. I don't see why it's necessary anyway because it just attempts to marginalise those not in that age group. If it was necessary, maybe just use the spam forum?

Smiddy
02-05-2012, 10:25 PM
I don't understand why swearing has to be such a necessity.
I personally don't see why certain words should be frowned upon in society in general. Who has the right to dictate what can generally be considered a "naughty" word and what should be a "clean" word. But that's an argument bigger than the boundaries of this forum :P

Glen Coco
03-05-2012, 06:52 AM
I'm not saying swearings a necessity but at the moment it's constantly mods editing posts because they think they're the tiniest bit offensive. I'm just saying if there was another forum, maybe not 16+ but where the rules were a little less like "OG YOU'RE SO RUDE YOU SAID SHUT UP" then there'd be a lot less complaining against mods and it'd be easier for everyone else

CaptainAce$$
03-05-2012, 08:50 AM
I don't agree with a sub forum. Leave the forum the way it is, thanks :)

Richie
03-05-2012, 11:18 AM
I think the forums fine the way it is (section wise) but i do believe users should be able to choose whether or not they want to see filtered words

FlyingJesus
03-05-2012, 11:41 AM
I'm not saying swearings a necessity but at the moment it's constantly mods editing posts because they think they're the tiniest bit offensive. I'm just saying if there was another forum, maybe not 16+ but where the rules were a little less like "OG YOU'RE SO RUDE YOU SAID SHUT UP" then there'd be a lot less complaining against mods and it'd be easier for everyone else

So basically you think being 16 means you should be allowed to be rude to people

Glen Coco
03-05-2012, 04:10 PM
So basically you think being 16 means you should be allowed to be rude to people

no omg.
there's little things that get cried over on this forum because it's trying to be friendly to 5 year old and the stuff that gets removed for being 'offensive' is ridiculous.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!