PDA

View Full Version : Sulake Partners with Remode

efq
04-05-2012, 01:23 PM
Sulake Opens the Habbo Social Hub to Third Party Developers; Announces Partnership with UK-Based Game Developer Remode

Helsinki, Finland – May 4, 2012 - Sulake, the parent company of Habbo Hotel, today announced its first partner for its third party development program that will bring new games to the world's largest social game and online community for teenagers at 10 million monthly unique users. Remode, a UK-based development studio specializing in online and mobile games, is currently developing the first game for the Habbo social hub.

“As a company with a proven track record in social and mobile games that also understands the needs and wants of the teen market, we couldn’t be happier to make Remode our inaugural development partner,” said Paul LaFontaine, CEO of Sulake.

The first title is scheduled to debut in Habbo in July. Details will be announced shortly.

“It is a tremendous honor to be named Sulake’s inaugural development partner as it will give us a unique opportunity to showcase our technology and gaming expertise to tens of millions teenagers worldwide,” said Ella Romanos, Managing Director, Remode Studios.

“We are opening up our environment so that independent developers looking to reach a teen audience can benefit from our expertise with that age group, while our loyal user base will be enriched by the creative collective that only a worldwide team of game developers can bring to Habbo,” added LaFontaine.

About Remode
Remode is an interactive production and game development studio founded in 2007 by duo Ella Romanos and Martin Darby. Remode creates original games and works with clients, partners and brands to deliver engaging interactive experiences. http://www.sulake.com/press/releases/sulake-opens-the-habbo-social-hub-to-third-party-developers-announces-partnership-with-uk-based-game-developer-remode/

So the first title is going to be released on Habbo on July hmm?

Mickword
13-05-2012, 05:11 AM
hmmm sounds interesting.

Pigperson
13-05-2012, 08:31 AM
Interesting stuff :P

Will

Mathew
13-05-2012, 09:25 AM
Who would have thought that the small, community- centred game I signed up to in 2005 would turn into a business empire with developers running to work with them? I remember threads of amazement when Habbo was in the news; now it just seems to be a normal thing. Habbo has changed so much in the sense that everyone can clearly see it's a business - their ways of extracting money from us used to be slightly more subtle! Whether I like it or not is a different question.

:odey:
13-05-2012, 10:22 AM
Don't think I've ever heard of them... :S - It sounds like a good idea though... :)

Rainbow
13-05-2012, 02:42 PM
oo, sounds interesting i guess

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!