PDA

View Full Version : [Building] [NEW] Rooftop Pool - Recreation [NEW]

SCT
07-05-2012, 05:14 AM
Hey Habbox!

This is my first post on these forums and from first impressions it looks like a great community!

So I have recently completed my new room in which I tried to recreate the Rooftop Pool/Rumble, whatever it used to be called.

Here it is:

http://hfimage.net/images/c98l0hfiny0flor8g9a.gif

Link for room: http://www.habbo.com/room/55477437

I would love to know your thoughts and any suggestions you guys have on it, I hope you like it.

I look forward to meeting everyone more over my time here on these forums.

Cheers!

JerseySafety
07-05-2012, 05:39 AM
Saw this nice. Wonder who you got 2 of your plastos from ;)

SCT
07-05-2012, 05:52 AM
Saw this nice. Wonder who you got 2 of your plastos from ;)

You :P

MKR&*42
07-05-2012, 06:53 AM
Omg this is great, the group dividers seem to be quite useful - I saw a rooftop cafe creation with the walls as well. Anyway, love all of this :D. The 1 way gate doesn't really look right, but still, you're only trying to copy the public room aha :P

Good job.

orientalframe?
07-05-2012, 07:02 AM
i really like it haha, wonderful room! only thing i would say to make it better is to have floors where the bar bit is? it just looks a bit bare. also the one way gate doesn't look right but i suppose you're just copying the public room as said above. great job though :D

SCT
07-05-2012, 07:03 AM
Omg this is great, the group dividers seem to be quite useful - I saw a rooftop cafe creation with the walls as well. Anyway, love all of this :D. The 1 way gate doesn't really look right, but still, you're only trying to copy the public room aha :P

Good job.

One-way gate is used so people are able to actually play the game without annoyances.

MKR&*42
07-05-2012, 07:07 AM
One-way gate is used so people are able to actually play the game without annoyances.

Oh ok, I never played wobble squabble (because it never looked that interesting) so I had no idea what the 1 way gate could be for aha.

Eric
07-05-2012, 07:46 AM
i miss the rooftop pool! very nice room! it looks very similar to the original rooftop pool. i think it'd look better if the floor was red. that's just my opinion ;)

anyways, great job! i will check it out when im on habbo :)

Zuth
07-05-2012, 08:22 AM
This is so simple but so nice! I love it :D Great work.

AlexJRiley
07-05-2012, 08:26 AM
Perfect I love it!

geo
07-05-2012, 08:32 AM
Looks like I'm the only one that isn't too keen on the room then. I really like the idea of it and stuff but I don't really like how there's no flooring in the bar area, the black bits around the yukkas (maybe you could put long grass patches there?) and I think the wooden tiles are a little too dark. I'm sure the swimming pool used flooring more like the bathroom tiles (forgive me if I'm wrong!) and I think that may look a little better with bathroom tiles. Great attempt and idea though. :)

Jssy
07-05-2012, 08:46 AM
I love it! Great work :)

Cerys
07-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Comparing it to an image of the actual roof, it is very very accurate!
I love it :)

Nice work x

iBlueBox
07-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Looks like I'm the only one that isn't too keen on the room then. I really like the idea of it and stuff but I don't really like how there's no flooring in the bar area, the black bits around the yukkas (maybe you could put long grass patches there?) and I think the wooden tiles are a little too dark. I'm sure the swimming pool used flooring more like the bathroom tiles (forgive me if I'm wrong!) and I think that may look a little better with bathroom tiles. Great attempt and idea though. :)

I kind of agree, when comparing it. It seems like a good attempt though.
http://ww2-rpg.webs.com/photos/Habbo/Habbo%20rooftop%20rumble.png

I think that, the rock area at the side that you've attempted seem'd a bit poor. I think you should build it up more with rock, such as those lost monkey rock moutons, and the yuccas' don't seem to go well, if you had groups of duck grass on the rock as well. The type of water fountains used I think the square ones would be better as the height you can change so you wouldn't see under it.

Also the practicality of playing the game with pods is completely different compared to normal and custom built wobble squabble. I think the yellow anna blobs would be much better as you can stand on them.

But good attempt :)

geo
07-05-2012, 10:17 AM
Okay I was wrong. Just checked the room.
I still don't really like the wooden cabin tile things, maybe you could find an alternative? I'm not sure what to suggest other than the resort flooring from that 2011 summer range thing. :P

Mark
07-05-2012, 10:18 AM
I really like the room, good use of different furni!

SCT
07-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Yeah I agree, I'm not too happy with the rock area/garden, I will need to update that.

Ill have a look at the resort flooring instead of cabin flooring.

Flooring behind bar, I'm trying to find some grey USVA (if thats how it's spelt) rugs to go in there, can't find any however.

I originally tried the pool with bathroom tiles, it just didn't look right however so I scrapped that idea.

I'll have a look into the yellow anna blobs, don't really know what they are as hotel is on maintenance right now. People still have fun on the pods however.

I'm also looking into purchasing yellow marquees to act as the canopy above the bar, but I'm not sure if the wooden frame of the marquee would look good as it would partially obstruct the view from behind the bar. I will need some advice on that most likely.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll try to incorporate as many as I can!

iBlueBox
07-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Yeah I agree, I'm not too happy with the rock area/garden, I will need to update that.

Ill have a look at the resort flooring instead of cabin flooring.

Flooring behind bar, I'm trying to find some grey USVA (if thats how it's spelt) rugs to go in there, can't find any however.

I originally tried the pool with bathroom tiles, it just didn't look right however so I scrapped that idea.

I'll have a look into the yellow anna blobs, don't really know what they are as hotel is on maintenance right now. People still have fun on the pods however.

I'm also looking into purchasing yellow marquees to act as the canopy above the bar, but I'm not sure if the wooden frame of the marquee would look good as it would partially obstruct the view from behind the bar. I will need some advice on that most likely.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll try to incorporate as many as I can!

For the grey under the bar if you can't find grey USAV rugs, theres always the grey thin floor what came with the skating range.

SackRace
07-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Very nice! Good job.

SCT
07-05-2012, 11:14 AM
For the grey under the bar if you can't find grey USAV rugs, theres always the grey thin floor what came with the skating range.

I think I know what you mean. Whatever I find first :P

Succubus
07-05-2012, 11:38 AM
This is a brill effort, the pods are really good idea to use as those blob things (I actually don't know that name of it) and I like how you have merged the one in the middle.
The idea of using the group walls is good! It really sums up theme and I will visit this later :)

Charlie
07-05-2012, 12:03 PM
I do think it looks good but I agree there a few things you could change to make it look more like the floor such as having flooring where the drinks are and brighter flooring where the seats are and patches where the yukkas are to make it look more plant like rather than just having a few yukkas plonked down, maybe even left a few up so it looks like they are at different heights and what not but overall, it's a nice room and I like how you posted an animated preview of it too.

Shockwave.2CC
07-05-2012, 12:12 PM
Brings the memories back :)

SCT
08-05-2012, 09:20 AM
Ok, I kinda updated it. Added grey rug behind bar and put in some resort flooring, I think it looks good as it is now (I know it's not completely right but what the hell). Had a play around with the rock gardens, still not happy about that, I need to get some more credits to make it better.

Lee
08-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Nice work, what's the score board for :L

lTraditional
08-05-2012, 03:41 PM
I loooooooooove it! Great job but as said before, I would put some sort of flooring on the bar so it would look even better!

EDIT: Just saw your post about the rug, any chance we could see an updated screenshot? :)

Pigperson
08-05-2012, 08:31 PM
That looks really nice, it is hard to recreate the rooftop but good job :D

Will

andoo89
09-05-2012, 02:01 AM
great design work and looks like the original.

brought back some great memories - the rooftop pool was a great area to pool block:D

SCT
09-05-2012, 05:41 AM
Okay, here is an image of the slightly updated room:

http://hfimage.net/images/riu87yvlasuvvqhf06eq.gif

Thoughts?

kitten
09-05-2012, 07:51 AM
oh wow this is really good! i love the wobble squabble area aha

NeverSkem
09-05-2012, 10:11 AM
WOW! Awesome Room ^_^

PurpleCrayon
09-05-2012, 10:45 AM
Love that! Takes me back to old habbo :)

Seikou
09-05-2012, 06:03 PM
aww this is great, love it!

Walks06
16-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Wobblsquabble is that even still about? If not this is brilliant :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!