PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Habbo homophobic and promote unsafe sex?

AlexJRiley
09-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Me and a few other users who I wont name as they may not want to be known were in my room conversing about the risks of unsafe sex in both straight and gay couples, all 3 of us received warnings. Then we began talking about gay rights and we each received a further few warnings. I have now been given a 4 hour ban as a result of the conversation topic which now leads me to believe that habbo moderators do not like us promoting safe sex or gay rights. Also the moderators need to review what warnings are being sent out for. Its a joke that I've now been banned twice within the space of 3 days, the first because of a wired password and the second for promoting safe sex and same sex rights.

Thread moved by Jordan (Forum Super Moderator): From 'Discuss Anything' to here as more suited

Chippiewill
09-05-2012, 06:30 PM
Basically they don't want you talking about it in precense of people who are too young. They're bothered about not being sued so they'll punish you rather than let you do the right thing.

Although it sounds so familiar for moderators to be discriminatory:
http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/8/82/PoolsClosed.jpg

Vause
09-05-2012, 06:49 PM
^ i second that. even though you're saying safe sex is the best way, there will be users around that are probably far to young to hear about that kinda stuff.

Samantha
09-05-2012, 07:38 PM
I agree that promoting safe sex is probably a quick way to get banned, homophobic is another thing completely. I have an account that got banned almost a year ago after about 3 years of playing because it said [name]isgaylol now I don't think that's really homophobic at all and the name appears as a joke but it shouldn't be allowed past the filter (I didn't make the name a friend did) and it got banned. Anyway, I think it really depends what sort of language you were using in the conversation as the mods can't see the context sometimes.

Toilet
09-05-2012, 09:11 PM
Discussions of sexual health shouldn't get you warned or banned but knowing the current mods, it's better to be safe than sorry and avoid any conversations like that. It's like walking on eggshells.

GommeInc
09-05-2012, 09:29 PM
Where were you discussing this? If it was privately then they went about it the wrong way (nothing new there :rolleyes: ) but if you were discussing it publically then they may have a point. However, all this talk that "people who may be too young to see that" is absolutely rubbish. Sexual education is usually taught before the age of 13, the age you're meant to join Habbo, so anyone who is "far too young" to see anything like this should not be on Habbo.

What's odd is that Habbo have openly advertised drug awareness (FRANK) and World Aids Day, so Christ knows why they change the rules so often. They should of just sent a quick message saying the discussions were a little inappropriate.

That said, Habbo hire apes to be their moderators. You shouldn't discuss anything, ever. Only say "hi" and "bye".

auffant1
09-05-2012, 10:14 PM
I wouldn't say that they are against but as everyone else said, its the topic of "sex" that they do not like.

AlexJRiley
10-05-2012, 09:02 AM
None of what was said was said in an offensive way, and none of it was specifically explicit. It was simply said in a way friends would talk about it, in a sort of jokey way that nobody would find offensive (we wern't openly saying that gays are wrong that gay sex is wrong or anything, both of the other habbos are gay or bi). It was all said in the sort of context you'd hear in school from a sex ed teacher. For example I said male on male sex is far more hazardous unwrapped because of where you're putting it. (This was the last comment I made before my ban). So it wasn't exactly offensive to anybody and was informative. If habbo can promote drug awareness and aids awareness as GommeInc; said then why cant habbos talk about it? You're far more likely to catch an STD unprotected through anal sex than you work protected so why on earth cant we promote it? and as GommeInc said as well its all taught in schools before the required age for habbo so we'd simply be reinforcing the knowledge. I personally think (and I mean no offence by this this is simply from personal knowledge from people I actually know in real life) that I got a heavy handed christian who doesnt believe in sex before marriage, or (and again I mean absolutely no offence by this again from personal knowledge from people that I actually know in real life) a muslim because they're religion forbids gay couples from even living.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!