PDA

View Full Version : XBOX MINECRAFT

Andii
10-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Anyone else get it since i know quite a few people got it !!!! All minecraft xbox stuff post here :D

Chippiewill
10-05-2012, 04:54 PM
I've many videos of it and it seems like they took a really old build of minecraft added some UI and basic optimisations and launched it. It's also got limited size maps. It's a massive let down in my opinion and not what it should have been. Really Mojang should have abstracted the code so they can update all platforms with the same stuff at once.

David
10-05-2012, 04:54 PM
All minecraft xbox stuff post here :D

my dogs killed you

Andii
10-05-2012, 05:03 PM
I've many videos of it and it seems like they took a really old build of minecraft added some UI and basic optimisations and launched it. It's also got limited size maps. It's a massive let down in my opinion and not what it should have been. Really Mojang should have abstracted the code so they can update all platforms with the same stuff at once.

its not the full proper thing tho. This is only like the "beta" type thats why it has limited and host servers. Apparently (Rumours) they are making dedicated servers if everyone enjoys it and it becomes popular which it already has

xReece
10-05-2012, 05:07 PM
I have to admit, I did expect a lot more. However I do feel many more updates will be coming soon, allowing new and better features to be added to improve. It's only just been released so I'm not going to be to critical about it just yet.

redtom
10-05-2012, 05:27 PM
I'm thinking of getting it but don't have anyone to play with :'(

David
10-05-2012, 05:34 PM
it even says on the game itself, updates are coming soon.

Chris
10-05-2012, 07:43 PM
I haven't got it yet but will probably but it tomorrow.

Just read this:

It’s official: Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition has has broken all previous Xbox LIVE Arcade digital sales records, selling more than any other title in the first 24 hours on Xbox LIVE Arcade. I just looked at the leaderboards and there are over 400,000 people playing…so that will give you an idea at how well it is doing.

Congrats to 4J Studios, Mojang and Microsoft Studios for all the great work.

Source: http://majornelson.com/2012/05/10/minecraft-xbox-360-edition-breaks-digital-sales-records/

Kasabian
10-05-2012, 09:36 PM
I haven't got it yet but will probably but it tomorrow.

Just read this:

Source: http://majornelson.com/2012/05/10/minecraft-xbox-360-edition-breaks-digital-sales-records/

Doesn't surprise me!

Bought it tonight, so so good. Need to buy another plug and play kit, though.
Andii; i don't think your friend appreciated us joining his server and setting him on fire :(

David
10-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Doesn't surprise me!

Andii; i don't think your friend appreciated us joining his server and setting him on fire :(

hahahaha that was great, i broke all his chests before he rage quit, all his **** is everywhere

Chippiewill
10-05-2012, 09:42 PM
According to notch:
"Well then. Saw the official sales numbers for the first 24 hours of Minecraft Xbox 360, and it's very, very good. Profitable in an hour."

Have to say, profit within an hour is a marker of a good product.

ben
10-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Have to say, profit within an hour is a marker of a good product.

Really?

Andii
11-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Doesn't surprise me!

Lmao did u get kicked lOl we should get a Xbox game set up each building your own house like a village :)

AlexJRiley
11-05-2012, 04:11 PM
Anybody wanna play on xbox together add me: AL3X R1L3Y

Martin
11-05-2012, 05:42 PM
WOOOO! Just bought it and its downloading now! :D People have said its really good, and Ive been wanting some different types of xbox game so this fits the bill! Am looking forwards to playing with other people on it tooo! :D

Chris
11-05-2012, 06:22 PM
I got it this afternoon and have been hooked on it all day! With the lack of mods, it brings back the feeling that you're actually working towards something and achieving things. :D

Oleh
11-05-2012, 08:40 PM
It is amazing. If there were more achievements it'd be amazing (ones to work towards in the long term).

Perhaps even servers similar to the BF3 ones.

Chippiewill
11-05-2012, 08:43 PM
I got it this afternoon and have been hooked on it all day! With the lack of mods, it brings back the feeling that you're actually working towards something and achieving things. :D

You could just uninstall mods?

Matthew
11-05-2012, 10:18 PM
Played on it for the past few hours with 4 friends.

Its so good! Quite fun starting again, I never had the motivation to start a new world on the PC but obviously on the xbox I have to. Great game, the controls are much easier to use than I thought they'd be :)

Chippiewill
11-05-2012, 10:48 PM
Out of interest is the menu system fluid and easy to use, it kinda looks like it could be clunky and awkward at times.

Andii
12-05-2012, 10:52 AM
It is amazing. If there were more achievements it'd be amazing (ones to work towards in the long term).

Perhaps even servers similar to the BF3 ones.

apparetnly rumours are that there will be dedicated servers and even in about 6 months you may be able to play with pc servers which i don't get because they are totally different lol but who knows :D

David
20-05-2012, 12:35 AM
half the time i get crashes while saving, is this just me?

Chris
20-05-2012, 12:46 AM
half the time i get crashes while saving, is this just me?

Sometimes mine freezes when I click save and exit which is a real pain. :(

Nick
20-05-2012, 12:58 AM
Mine is fine?

David
20-05-2012, 01:06 AM
i'm working on building a rather large ship, done the base layer and started on the sides but lost some of it because it didnt save.
need to collect wood again as well :(

Mine is fine?

shut up nick m8 it only happens to the cool people obv

Kasabian
20-05-2012, 01:09 AM
Rumour has it we have no update until Summer. Which has pissed me off.

David
20-05-2012, 01:14 AM
I can live with 1.6, it's no big deal just some items haven't been released and you can't stack some other things.

you just want a shower with pistons you weirdo

Kasabian
20-05-2012, 01:18 AM
Lmao, no i want pistons for a lot of other things too!!!!

Chris
20-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Rumour has it we have no update until Summer. Which has pissed me off.

Summer isn't that long and it could be anytime in summer which begins in June. :P

Kasabian
20-05-2012, 12:27 PM
I honestly wish they'd just continued working on it and released the proper version, not the PC beta.

Matthew
20-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Its really good but I have found myself getting a tad bored with the lack of blocks like pistons and more redstone mechanics.

Hopefully an update won't be to long, I have an urge to make a melon/pumpkin farm with pistons :(

Paige.
20-05-2012, 01:40 PM
I've got it :)
My gamertag is BurntPasta
If it wasn't for me and my friends having a project on it which is making a town then I'd probably be bored by now as it's only version one which is very limited.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!