PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Tablets

lawrawrrr
13-05-2012, 12:19 AM
i really want one. Like, really. But i don't have a lot of money. Can anyone recommend a decently priced, but still quality (well ish, you can expect perfection from cheapness) one??

Thanks!!

FlyingJesus
13-05-2012, 12:41 AM
I'm by no means an expert on these, but I am aware through my own limited training in graphic design that what you mean by "quality" depends on what function(s) you want the tablet to serve. Are you wanting one that's simply able to pick up proximity to a good enough degree to draw basic outlines and lettering? Are you looking for something intricate enough to work to the tiniest pixel of perfection? Would you be content with something that literally works as well as a mouse but as a pen? If you're looking to spend minimal amounts then regardless of how far technology on these things has come in recent years you're going to prefer certain functions over others

lawrawrrr
13-05-2012, 12:49 AM
I'm by no means an expert on these, but I am aware through my own limited training in graphic design that what you mean by "quality" depends on what function(s) you want the tablet to serve. Are you wanting one that's simply able to pick up proximity to a good enough degree to draw basic outlines and lettering? Are you looking for something intricate enough to work to the tiniest pixel of perfection? Would you be content with something that literally works as well as a mouse but as a pen? If you're looking to spend minimal amounts then regardless of how far technology on these things has come in recent years you're going to prefer certain functions over others

Good point. I'm not looking for absolute pixel perfection, but something that's quite acurrate would be nice, just to make drawing a bit easier. My mouse is quite good, it's just painful for my hand after a lot of drawing, and I can't do freehand very well with it :P

Recursion
13-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Wacom are the only people to go for in this situation. I believe their cheapest is this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bamboo-Pen-Touch-Graphics-Tablet/dp/B005UHBT5S/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1336901890&sr=8-3

Anyone else's tablets are awful.

lawrawrrr
13-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Wacom are the only people to go for in this situation. I believe their cheapest is this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bamboo-Pen-Touch-Graphics-Tablet/dp/B005UHBT5S/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1336901890&sr=8-3

Thanks - looks nice!! +rep

AlexJRiley
13-05-2012, 11:24 AM

I bought one of these (just the touch) if I buy a pen do you know if it will work as pen and touch?

Recursion
13-05-2012, 11:39 AM
I bought one of these (just the touch) if I buy a pen do you know if it will work as pen and touch?

The Bamboo Pen and Touch should work with both, but I thought they came with a pen O_o

AlexJRiley
13-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Nah you can get just the touch on its own (I paid £10 for it) but its a bit hard to use as a graphics tablet without the pen, its basicall an oversized touch pad.

lawrawrrr
13-05-2012, 11:42 AM

The Bamboo Pen and Touch should work with both, but I thought they came with a pen O_o

The Touch doesn't come with a pen but you can buy one separately, but it's like a thick stylus rather than a small nib.

ive decided to get this oneee http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wacom-Bamboo-Connect-Pen-Tablet-CTL470/17756668 when i'm out in the us ;D it's a good deal :P

AlexJRiley
13-05-2012, 11:44 AM
I tried using a normal stylus but it doesnt work, im assuming it needs a minor electrical charge or something unique to the bamboo pen to work. I might try and find one cheap and give it a try

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!