PDA

View Full Version : [Alteration] Pandora's Box

lawrawrrr
13-05-2012, 03:40 PM
Haven't really done a Habbo Alt before, so i thought, why not eh? i'm studying Pandora atm (meant to be revising, oh well) and decided to draw her. And her box (which was actually a jar but got lost in translation - how interesting?)
http://i.imgur.com/befBt.png
i'm currently doing a big one too, but it's not going well. i'll post it in this thread if and when it's done!

c+c welcome :)

dbgtz
13-05-2012, 03:50 PM
The Habbo modification isn't too bad, just some black lines missing in places. The next bit isn't too bad either, would probably look better being smoother and less thick in some places. However the box has many errors, mainly the fact it isn't isometric and the lid looks 2D which kills it completely. The colours used on it is also hard to distinguish between the shades of red and the yellowish colour too. The box could also have some thickness by adding a bit at the top so it doesn't look like very thin paper.

lawrawrrr
13-05-2012, 04:46 PM
The Habbo modification isn't too bad, just some black lines missing in places. The next bit isn't too bad either, would probably look better being smoother and less thick in some places. However the box has many errors, mainly the fact it isn't isometric and the lid looks 2D which kills it completely. The colours used on it is also hard to distinguish between the shades of red and the yellowish colour too. The box could also have some thickness by adding a bit at the top so it doesn't look like very thin paper.

Thanks for the feedback! I didn't modify the habbo much, mainly a screenshot. As for the rest, I see what you mean - the box never looked right, no matter how i drew it, really. The text is pretty much the same thickness through all of them, but the small ones look so thick, didn't look like proper text if i actually drew it <1px thick basically.

Shockwave.2CC
14-05-2012, 12:58 PM
This is pretty OK
Better then what I could ever do

Ellz
14-05-2012, 08:28 PM
its okay, the box doesnt look right tho, you've got the angles wrong and stuff

Rainbow
15-05-2012, 06:22 AM
it looks really nice, better than what i could ever do although i agree with ellz the box doesn't look right with the angles etc :)

Explorator
15-05-2012, 07:12 PM
It's very nice. I'd give you a 8 or 9/10. but the box could be made a little better, but it's really nice.

Samantha
16-05-2012, 08:19 AM
To be honest Laura, I've been 'attempting' to do isometric, pixel art for a couple of years now and I still can't make a box so you're already ahead of me. I also wouldn't be able to make the words like that, overall I think the concept is good, it's something unique (well I've never seen it before) and I'm not really familiar with Pandora's Box so not much I can comment on. I will not comment on the parts others have already mentioned but I would love to see your future graphics!

Mattchoo
16-05-2012, 03:54 PM
It's good, I think the text may be changed to a more suited one, but overall I like the style you've done, well done! 8/10
Edit- Noticed the box's angles could be improved but I'm sure you'll conquer that :)

lawrawrrr
16-05-2012, 03:59 PM
This is pretty OK
Better then what I could ever do

ahah thanks :)

its okay, the box doesnt look right tho, you've got the angles wrong and stuff

it looks really nice, better than what i could ever do although i agree with ellz the box doesn't look right with the angles etc :)
i know what you mean, i really dont have any experience drawing isometrically so i jut went for what looked most right i guess.

It's very nice. I'd give you a 8 or 9/10. but the box could be made a little better, but it's really nice.
thanks!

To be honest Laura, I've been 'attempting' to do isometric, pixel art for a couple of years now and I still can't make a box so you're already ahead of me. I also wouldn't be able to make the words like that, overall I think the concept is good, it's something unique (well I've never seen it before) and I'm not really familiar with Pandora's Box so not much I can comment on. I will not comment on the parts others have already mentioned but I would love to see your future graphics!
aahha isometrics... even when physically drawing them in graphics i completely failed so might as well give up while im ahead? i'll look into it and see if google can enlighten me xD thanks darlin xx

It's good, I think the text may be changed to a more suited one, but overall I like the style you've done, well done! 8/10
Edit- Noticed the box's angles could be improved but I'm sure you'll conquer that :)
i drew the 'text' myself. it's not quite what i had in my mind (i cant compete with my imagination) but i think it turned out ok ish. am gonna try redoing the isofailetrics now :P thanksss

Mattchoo
16-05-2012, 04:02 PM
I don't believe it's bad at all (text etc) but it could just be improved :) then it'll look fantastic! Goodluck :]

Lee
16-05-2012, 05:08 PM
It's nice, the box does luck a little unusual for me but overall I like it!

Seikou
16-05-2012, 05:32 PM
ooh i really like this! it's very different, nice work :-)

Bails
19-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Great original work here.

Lovin' it!

dbgtz
19-05-2012, 07:36 PM

ahah thanks :)

i know what you mean, i really dont have any experience drawing isometrically so i jut went for what looked most right i guess.

thanks!

aahha isometrics... even when physically drawing them in graphics i completely failed so might as well give up while im ahead? i'll look into it and see if google can enlighten me xD thanks darlin xx

i drew the 'text' myself. it's not quite what i had in my mind (i cant compete with my imagination) but i think it turned out ok ish. am gonna try redoing the isofailetrics now :P thanksss

Honestly to the both of you, basic isometric graphics are really easy and if you can make a basic cube (which can easily be learnt from a tutorial) then you can make tables, chairs, boxes... Then if you can do spheres then you can attempt virtually any isometric pixel art without getting flustered.

lawrawrrr
19-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Honestly to the both of you, basic isometric graphics are really easy and if you can make a basic cube (which can easily be learnt from a tutorial) then you can make tables, chairs, boxes... Then if you can do spheres then you can attempt virtually any isometric pixel art without getting flustered.
fair enough, but i never really thought about it before, i usually draw when my internet's out though. i will look it up inabit and redo it

Samantha
19-05-2012, 07:45 PM

You told me how to do it so I guess I know more now, ;). Well you draw those amazing drawings for me lmao.

Can't wait to see what you do next Laura!!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!