PDA

View Full Version : Habbo's use of social networking

Mathew
19-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Do you think Habbo have been successful with integrating social networking sites, such as Facebook and Twitter, into the game? Do you think it's good that we can send a tweet to the CEO? Do you like the Twitter feed on hotel view? Do you prefer to play the game rather than design it? Do you think they focus too much on Facebook? Do you care?

What's your opinion? :)

MKR&*42
19-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Oh, more intriguing threads.

I'm not usually a fan of Twitter or Facebook (purely because I simply hate the websites) but some of the stuff that staff post on there is quite useful and intriguing I suppose - e.g. the links to a competition room on Habbo or those Nostalgia pictures on Facebook. I do think that they focus a bit too much on Twitter (I swear the staff are on there 24/7) and I think that it was ridiculous of them to stop posting a lot of information on the Habbo website (not client) and to go on force everyone onto these sites if they wanted to find out stuff. I'd agree with their being an equal balance due to some info on fb. and twitter feeds being useful, but switching to other Social Netorking sites as a method of prime source of info. (considering they axed full news articles ._.) was a stupid move IMO.

As for sending a tweet to staff, it's quite useful in an emergency but rather un-useful when the bludy staff are too ignorant to listen to people with genuine complaints (e.g. xxMATTGxx; ranting to Paul LaFo about an instant mute and ban which many received for a very silly reason, yet Paul continued to claim there is no "Mute and Ban" policy).

GoldenMerc
19-05-2012, 11:14 PM
In a way, except its a tad biased in some aspects but everything is nowadays?
I mean people complain about the FieryCold situation its pretty lame. This happens on a daily basis for example Gaz from Geordie Shore;
https://twitter.com/#!/GazGShore
Mainly only RT's and replys to females...
Think they have defiantly improved some aspects though

Paige.
20-05-2012, 09:21 AM
tbh i don't care about any of it i just ignore it haha but i think it's good that you can tweet the CEO but my friends that have tweeted him have all said that he didn't really help them

Seikou
20-05-2012, 10:27 AM
i don't really get involved with it much, i like the facebook competitions though

Mathew
26-05-2012, 01:16 PM
I do think that they focus a bit too much on Twitter (I swear the staff are on there 24/7) and I think that it was ridiculous of them to stop posting a lot of information on the Habbo website (not client) and to go on force everyone onto these sites if they wanted to find out stuff.

Ughhhhh, this this this!! I have no idea what's happening lately because information is scattered between Facebook and the different staff members' Twitters. It would be so much easier if they just kept everything in one place on the Habbo website. I'm asking so many questions about new features lately!

Jurv
26-05-2012, 03:07 PM
some of the recent facebook competitions have been quite interesting, which is a good thing. it's a shame that they're on facebook though. i don't use it and if anything i avoid it as much as possible. i love twitter though, so it's not so bad.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!