PDA

View Full Version : Help Tool Changes

xxMATTGxx
23-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Just thought I would let you know about these:

Three big moves for help tool. 1. Habbo Way overhaul. Cleaner, better. 2. We "mute" you (not ban) for offensive language. 1/2

https://twitter.com/PaulLaFo/status/205372275715874817

2/2 3. Link policy change. Allow some links but clean up spammers and you 'earn' right to link. 4. Helpers rollout. Totally new services

https://twitter.com/PaulLaFo/status/205372543891288064

Chippiewill
23-05-2012, 07:32 PM
I suspect the link policy change will be a blanket ban on links to habbox.com so people stop complaining about being banned for "retro linking".

xxMATTGxx
23-05-2012, 07:36 PM
I suspect the link policy change will be a blanket ban on links to habbox.com so people stop complaining about being banned for "retro linking".

Will be interesting to see what happens there.

MKR&*42
23-05-2012, 07:38 PM
"2. We "mute" you (not ban) for offensive language. "

Lol, that's the closest vve'll get to Paul admitting there is a mute and ban policy :rolleyes:

Still, thank God about the link thing :P

lawrawrrr
23-05-2012, 07:45 PM
oooh nice.

I wondered how long it'd be before they stopped letting you link things.

jasey
23-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Totally great to hear there will be no bans for offensive language. Absolutely a step in the right direction.

Red
23-05-2012, 08:03 PM
earn the right to link? hmmm

Frisky
23-05-2012, 09:58 PM
That's good, stops new users coming on and sending links out

Shorty
23-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Would be pretty cool if they made all links appear filtered and instead they had an approved links list for example "youtube.com, twitter.com, facebook.com, google.com" with an additional 'trusted users' list where users can say any link.. If that makes sense.

Matthew.
23-05-2012, 11:36 PM
I can still send/see links. >_>

Looks like good updates though!

xxMATTGxx
24-05-2012, 06:17 AM
I can still send/see links. >_>

Looks like good updates though!

I don't think they have put the changes into affect as the new habbo way isn't here yet I don't believe.

Mathew
24-05-2012, 08:10 AM
I was dubious about the linking thing right from the start, but it is actually really useful and I couldn't imagine having to return to the primitive method of having to type the link out! :P Earn the right though? Oh for goodness sake, it's a game...

Pigperson
24-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Sounds good :D

Will

xxMATTGxx
24-05-2012, 06:39 PM
When we started tweeting together in February it was clear our customer service was not to your satisfaction. So hearing your feedback clearly I started completely overhauling the system with the help of some very dedicated staff. Here is what we have done:

Talent Improvement: The Sulake staff focusing on your satisfaction is now 50% new, 50% very experienced. We took one of our best senior managers and asked her to step in to help. We hired experienced game service people. And native speakers in every language you speak. Your service center in Madrid is like the UN it is so representative of our Hotels.

Talent Improvement II: I asked @Habbo_Rishell to join us. She has built the very effective systems at some of the biggest gaming names in the business (EA, Zynga, Disney). She and the Madrid staff immediately got along and started overhauling big things as well as small.

Habbo Way: The old Habbo Way read like a weird list of prohibitions written by a paranoid introverted Engineer. Biggest community value was password protection. We overhauled them and made them living, real Values. You will be able to see what Habbos value - and have a guidance system for building a community. And it will be clear when you are out of bounds.

Links/Autobans: The automatically generated tickets that Mods were getting needed serious attention, and that included systems designed to stop link spamming. We were auto generating tickets and mods were banning and some of it was not perfectly tuned. So we are dismantling and improving that. Link spamming and contextually incorrect automatic warnings are not good service. We are fixing it.

Ban/Mute: We were banning people for using bad language essentially. So we have reworked our system where lesser offenses will be muted for a decent period of time and you get banned for stealing or serious problems. Mute means you can go in and create things, you just can't communicate. And you can't just relog in. YOU are muted. Basically our lower level admonishment goes from "we take your account" to "sit there and think about it." Huge improvement in consistency with offense to punishment.

Helpers: I can't say enough about this. It puts the large part of helping, content filtering and peer policing in the hands of the community. It is the core of the service now. I'm proud of the work that has been done on it.

All of this is coming to you basically now. We start this week with Habbo Way, next week with Mute, Week after with full Helper rollout, etc. Its here. Its real and we want your feedback. Thanks for sticking with us and we'll see you in the Hotel.

http://tweetmore.net/tweets/61e1b12bdddb355a

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!