PDA

View Full Version : Mac Financing and Discount

redtom
23-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Thinking of getting a mac but as I don't really have the cash to blow in one go I'll need to be financing it but in the small print you need a full time job, which I don't have, only part. Anyone using the apple finance themselves and know how it works?

I'm a student for a few more months. Also any of you guys at a uni know if the discount is more when access on campus?

Basically I'm looking help on finding the cheapest way to get a mac, and the easiest way to finance it

Recursion
23-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Discount is a fair amount more when ordering from campus.

I'd seriously save up and buy it outright, you'll likely get refused as a student anyway.

Tomm
23-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Don't get it on finance. If you can't afford it now then save up for it. If you need a laptop ASAP for work, studying etc, then get a cheaper one you can actually afford. Firstly it is not very likely you're going to get finance anywhere as a student. Also it is a bad idea to get into the habit of thinking "Oh I'll just get this on finance and pay it back later."

redtom
24-05-2012, 12:43 AM
Also it is a bad idea to get into the habit of thinking "Oh I'll just get this on finance and pay it back later."

Saving a grand and a half would take ages, especially with festivals and holidays over the summer. I can easily afford the repayments over 24 or 36 months as I have steady income, but as I'm not working 39 hours plus a week it isn't considered full time I don't qualify for the 'average Joe' financing and can't find much info about student financing.

Are either of you at a uni and able to check how much discount is available through the university? If its a decent amount or VAT free I'll consider saving up and getting a friend to buy it for me.

Cheers for the advice guys :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!