PDA

View Full Version : Armed police to deal with a parking incident!

Lee
25-05-2012, 06:08 PM
I'm surprised by reading this article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-18197666

North Wales Police has defended a decision to send an armed response unit to a Wrexham primary school to deal with traffic problems.The officers, carrying guns, were spotted by parents collecting their children from Ysgol Plas Coch.
The unit attended after a local police community support officer (PCSO) called for backup as she did not have the power to issue parking tickets.
The force said the unit can be used to deal with traffic issues if needed.
Ysgol Plas Coch is in a busy part of the town near a shopping complex.
It has a history of traffic difficulties and police are frequently called for to marshall the situation.
Police resource
The local PCSO was there on Wednesday following complaints about illegal parking.
After calling for back up, the armed response vehicle attended.
North Wales Police said that the officers are a police resource who deal with all manner of incidents, including traffic matters.
The head teacher of the school, Gwyn Jones, said some people have made an issue of it, but he supported the officers who were only at the school doing their duty.

Paige.
26-05-2012, 02:18 PM
I'd be rather scared if I saw armed police near my child's primary school when I was picking them up..

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!