PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P Baby boy

Glen Coco
27-05-2012, 07:52 AM
as i've mentioned earlier i had a 5 yr old horse on loan.

my mum got a call from his owned this morning and it turns out that last night he was playing with the others and tripped on
some concrete.

before CaptainAce; says he could have been kept alive,no he couldn't. his leg was injured so much it wouldn't have fixed and would have been cruel to keep him alive.

R.I.P Apollo.
http://i47.tinypic.com/33fdliv.jpg

i love you.

Eric
27-05-2012, 07:58 AM
awwwwww!!! what a shame. it's a lovely horse. R.I.P

Succubus
27-05-2012, 08:01 AM
Awh sorry to hear! Looked lovely

Glen Coco
27-05-2012, 08:04 AM
He was. I'd only had him on loan since October and we'd both improved so much.
i could take his head collar off and just walk around and he'd follow me/

i was only down the stables yesterday giving him a bath.
it's so weird how quickly circumstances change

Paige.
27-05-2012, 09:11 AM
Omg, he was so beautiful! That is really upsetting, even for me and he wasn't even mine, I feel so sorry for you. Sounds so painful I'm just glad he's out of pain now :'( R.I.P beautiful x

The Don
27-05-2012, 09:22 AM
I'm really sorry to hear that :(

RIP Apollo

Empired
27-05-2012, 09:31 AM
How awful! He looks beautiful too.
So if a horse hurts their leg too badly, it's kinder to put them down?

Glen Coco
27-05-2012, 09:35 AM
How awful! He looks beautiful too.
So if a horse hurts their leg too badly, it's kinder to put them down?

yeah it is. when they break their leg, they don't feel it due to the endorphins or something. once that wears off they'll just be in pain.
a horse spends the majority of it's life on it's legs, so if it's hurt badly their either not going to be able to walk or they're going to hurt it even more, it wont heal at all or it'll heal weirdly which may cause more pain.
the kindest thing to do is to put them down before they start to feel pain.

he was beautiful and i wish i could somehow have him back. but i can't. i'm just happy that it was me who got the opportunity to be a part of his life; even if it was short.

Samantha
27-05-2012, 10:07 AM
That's a real shame, I'm not a horse person admittedly but when trained correctly can be one of the calmness and friendliest animals. Rip xx

Glen Coco
27-05-2012, 10:35 AM
That's a real shame, I'm not a horse person admittedly but when trained correctly can be one of the calmness and friendliest animals. Rip xx

he was lovely. he was a bit pushy but he would never try to hurt anyone.

Jurv
27-05-2012, 10:55 AM
it's a shame to hear about that, at least you and him both enjoyed your time together. rip apollo.

buttons
27-05-2012, 12:56 PM
aww no :( it is indeed weird how someone can be there one day and gone the next. must be harder knowing he was only having fun and it wasn't because he was old. my mum sold my horses without me knowing, (money issues) otherwise i'd have never let them go. sending my love to ya both xoxo r.i.p

Glen Coco
27-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Thanks for all your support.
Yeah one of the most upsetting things is that he was only 5 and had so much potential.
That must have been awful buttons; !!! How many did you have?

brandon
27-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Aww that's horrible, R.I.P Apollo and I hope you're alright.

Jssy
27-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Aw he is beautiful! That's why they put down horses who break their legs in racing isn't it :(

Lee
28-05-2012, 12:03 PM
RIP Apollo, sorry for your loss such a cruel accident but at least you know better than others (including me) when it comes to horse accidents like this, so he's better off now.

lawrawrrr
28-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Awww! He looks lovely. I love horses, so calm.

RIP, what a shame!

Glen Coco
28-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Aw he is beautiful! That's why they put down horses who break their legs in racing isn't it :(

yeah it is :(
i think his owner's going away for a few days but i'm going down once she gets back, going to print a picture of him and frame it for her.
it's going to be hard going down without him there.
i'm trying not to think too much about it, especially as i have my last exam tomorrow.
had some horrible dreams about him last night, like going to the stables and him being alive but rotting. but i suppose it'll stop with time :(

Samantha
28-05-2012, 06:13 PM
Yeah time heals many things and works wonders with grief, I think he's in a better place where he can be a horse without worrying if he stumbles as his leg will never break again; he's out of the pain and one day your pain may decrease like his - it may never vanish but it can subside.

Glen Coco
28-05-2012, 08:20 PM
i hope so.
i'm trying to think about it less but i'm not looking forward to when i have to go down for the first time.

Walks06
28-05-2012, 08:50 PM
A shame, R.I.P

Jssy
29-05-2012, 11:35 AM
yeah it is :(
i think his owner's going away for a few days but i'm going down once she gets back, going to print a picture of him and frame it for her.
it's going to be hard going down without him there.
i'm trying not to think too much about it, especially as i have my last exam tomorrow.
had some horrible dreams about him last night, like going to the stables and him being alive but rotting. but i suppose it'll stop with time :(
Aw I'm sure he wouldn't want you to be upset about him. It seems like you've had some nice memories together and at least he's not in pain now x

Glen Coco
30-05-2012, 08:11 AM
Going down to the stables today to see his owner.
After seeing him not there itlll probably sink in that he's gone.

Seikou
30-05-2012, 08:23 AM
awww poor you & your horse, he was gorgeous, rip xxx

Glen Coco
31-05-2012, 02:11 PM
went down to see his owner yesterday and had a good chat with her. going with her to see a potential horse that she might buy later today.
it was really weird him not being there :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!