PDA

View Full Version : Blogs...Movable Type, Wordpress...

Mizki
29-08-2005, 01:32 AM
I've got to design, create and manage a website during College and I have decided to make a kind of Blog sort of thing. I've been trying for two days and it's been such a waste of time. I want it to be hosted on my domain and hosting I have bought, so not really anything like Blogger etc. I want to be able to customize easily to look and content of the blog and i'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this sort of thing. I've spent ages trying to get my head around Movable Type, but have no suceeded.

Is there anyone who has their own blog? Or anyone who knows anything about making them? I reaaalllyyy neeed heeeelpppp.... I have a month to do before I go to College and at this rate, i've failed before i've even started the course.

icebox12
29-08-2005, 01:34 AM
mizki why not get professional webpage designers to help you instead of making "blogs" i can help you there:p

Mizki
29-08-2005, 01:36 AM
eh? because it's a blog i'm trying to design.

Rou
29-08-2005, 01:42 AM
Mizki - Full Of Differnt Talents :P

Mentors Ment To Be Good At Stuff Like That

Science
29-08-2005, 01:42 AM
why not use cutenews php script. You could add news as a diary and let people comment on it and leave messages. Youd probs get extra cred i think for adapting a news script to make a blog :)

:Lemmings.
29-08-2005, 04:47 AM
Mizki why not design a basic layout and put cutenews on add some content and pages and people at college will be impressed :)

timROGERS
29-08-2005, 08:45 AM
Cutenews is terrible, I used to use it. Miz, i use Wordpress and it is truly the best around, designing a theme is easy if you want to, mine looks good, and is easy to customize even if you have no expirience.

Heres mine http://www.tim-rogers.co.uk/blog

splintercell!
29-08-2005, 09:13 AM
Its quite simple in a way. Xenigma will know more than me as he has made one. BUt you just have to using a php script write the info to a mysql database and then learn how to display it. A site like www.phpfreaks.com has afew scripts you can download and look over the code and also has loads of tutorials ;)

icebox12
29-08-2005, 09:15 AM
Miz, ignore what I said before it wasn't me kthnxbi

Mentor
29-08-2005, 10:09 AM
if its a project for a collage corse shoulnt u realy make your own scripts and systems "/

i would help athogh i have a job im being payed for wich i realy need to get done "/

Mizki
29-08-2005, 12:01 PM
I've set up Wordpress, although no idea about changing the templates yet.

As for what Mentor said, the reason i'm going to college is to learn all that - i've spoken to them about what they expect, and their reply was 'bieng able to find the information you need'. So that's what i'm doing.

Thanks for your replys

leaked
29-08-2005, 12:10 PM
I've set up Wordpress, although no idea about changing the templates yet.

As for what Mentor said, the reason i'm going to college is to learn all that - i've spoken to them about what they expect, and their reply was 'bieng able to find the information you need'. So that's what i'm doing.

Thanks for your replys

you so rich im so poor (habbo-related:() :P

your going to cheat if u want us 2 make it for u if it is college related:d

Mizki
29-08-2005, 12:20 PM
I didn't ask for you to make it for me I just asked for help

splintercell!
29-08-2005, 12:41 PM
Also if you look at the php section and mysql section in www.htmlgoodies.com there is loads of info there :)

мϊкэ
29-08-2005, 12:48 PM
i made my own news script like splint said which i am trying to apply a comments system to, wordpress is pretty easy to use and you can download already made templates then edit them to how you want it to look.. i have never used it but alot of people who own blogs do ...

splintercell!
29-08-2005, 07:33 PM
ive just made a quick news script in like 10 mins :p Im just adding other features like full story and stuff now :)

deranged6
29-08-2005, 08:41 PM
mooed and booed

splintercell!
29-08-2005, 09:35 PM
mooed and booed

come again o.O :rolleyes:

Jamlew
29-08-2005, 11:10 PM
come again o.O :rolleyes:

No thanks, she can stay where she is the weirdo

RYANNNNN
30-08-2005, 01:28 PM
I'll help out, I could add my own hack onto cutenews, so it uses AJAX to add comments without the page refreshing :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!