PDA

View Full Version : Is the MP really worth it?

:odey:
30-05-2012, 11:23 AM
I've never really used it to sell or buy anything,

I only use it as a last resort if I desperately need something and can't find them in shops,

But it seems way overpriced to buy things from it,

But, do people buy your things?

Even if they are a little overpriced?

How long does it take?

auffant1
30-05-2012, 11:39 AM
Normally if its an ok furni (Holodice, Duck Grass ect.) something of some value it should sell within a day or two. But if the furni is lame or easy to obtain then it usually won't sell (Rollers, VIP furni ect.)
I for one normally do not buy things from the MP only when I sell some furni and have a little coins in my purse.

Samantha
30-05-2012, 11:56 AM
If I see something cheap ill buy it, I think its great and worth it due to you might get more creeds in the mp than you would selling it in a shop.

Samantha.
30-05-2012, 11:58 AM
I'll buy something from there if I need it and it's cheaper than I can get it elsewhere but like Jason said it is good for things such as holodices! They sometimes have things in there that aren't in the shop any more for quite cheap but I don't really use it often!

:odey:
30-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Don't Habbo add 1c on to your price for anything you want to sell?

I think if that wasn't the case, I'd use it a lot more..

Why would you want to spend 4c on holodices when they're so readily available else where :(!

Succubus
30-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Yeah habbo adds 1c onto what you sell,
OK sometimes I use the MP in a last call, I have found some good deals on there before so I just took it.
I dont sell anything in MP because I usually need the money really quick or just cant be asked to do it.

Jurv
30-05-2012, 05:08 PM
i use it quite a lot actually. i use it to buy stuff (if it's cheap or i can't find it) and i use it to sell stuff too!

auffant1
30-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Don't Habbo add 1c on to your price for anything you want to sell?

I think if that wasn't the case, I'd use it a lot more..

Why would you want to spend 4c on holodices when they're so readily available else where :(!

I mean say for example your like really rich (+5000c) which I'm not :P but some people are *cough* Samanfa; *cough* its really just 1c and if your that desperate or your too fat to look for it then people buy it :P.

Special
30-05-2012, 08:15 PM
when i played habbo i had a theory: won't everything eventually be worth the same?

for example: you have a furni that you want to sell quick, so you put it in the marketplace at say 2-3c lower than the lowest price. someone else see's your price and again put's it 1-2c lower than your price. this goes on over a couple of months until it costs only 1-2c

obviously this doesn't apply to things that are 50c or more but on things that cost 4-40c

Seikou
30-05-2012, 09:04 PM
i never really buy stuff in it but i do like to sell my furni there & get some extra creds :-)

Zelda
30-05-2012, 10:04 PM
when i played habbo i had a theory: won't everything eventually be worth the same?

for example: you have a furni that you want to sell quick, so you put it in the marketplace at say 2-3c lower than the lowest price. someone else see's your price and again put's it 1-2c lower than your price. this goes on over a couple of months until it costs only 1-2c

obviously this doesn't apply to things that are 50c or more but on things that cost 4-40c

Na cause if its going to sell quick enough to effect, then profit hunters in mp will snatch up all the lower values Quickly, and cause this represents very few sales of the total in the day, as most will be bought normally, the average will remain the same on the next day. People who false rise end up buying it back and forth themselves a lot so that they actually can rise the days average a lot, so falls will only occur if someone actually uses the equal and opposite technique to move it lower. Obviously there's natural rise and fall though, being greater variation the higher the price, but this will normally either plateau or follow the what goes up most come down principal, in both going down and rising and visa versa. Hope that explains it for you x

-:Undertaker:-
30-05-2012, 11:39 PM
I found that the marketplace was a tool which was used to greatly distort the market with short selling being used (the bulk selling or flooding by large dealers who would make the price collapse, then buy a greater quantity than they sold for cheaper prices). Of course I have no problem with people doing as they please as with that example, but it certainly locked many less wealthy traders out of the profit making part of the market which I found negative.

I think it made trading far too centralised.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!