PDA

View Full Version : Queen Elizabeth II - Diamond Jubilee 5th June 2012

Geiranger
31-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Hey guys! This weekend see's Her Majesty The Queens Diamond Jubilee. I was wondering what you guys are going to be doing for it. I.e. Party, cakes bunting etc!

Richie
31-05-2012, 04:37 PM
burning the British flag

don't celebrate that crap ;l i hope you all have fun!!

lawrawrrr
31-05-2012, 04:38 PM
i was thinking about going to london for the day but other things came up, oops... i'm going to celebrate by being wasted for an entire weekend (woo) (pure coincidence)

kuzkasate
31-05-2012, 09:40 PM
tbh I didn't even know when it was, it's really of no interest to me and I don't care - it's the day before my friends birthday so I'll probably go out buying presents for her because I always leave stuff to the last minute.

Jurv
31-05-2012, 09:56 PM
i'm going to a party on sunday and celebrating.

the majority of my family are very fond of the royal family, me included. haha! it's quite strange though because my parents despise them..

Mathew
31-05-2012, 10:28 PM
We're going to a Jubilee Party on Sunday! We had one last year for the Royal Wedding and it was such good fun - you can't beat a bit of patriotism once in a while!

-:Undertaker:-
01-06-2012, 01:20 AM
We are putting flags up and I shall be watching the flotilla on the River Thames on television. :)

burning the British flag

Ah yes, an institution and its traditions which are older than your country is simply 'crap' and that's that, no elaboration required of course.

Anything to have a pop at old Blighty, eh? shame really that people from neighboring countries choose to place sectarian rhetoric before goodwill.

Richie
01-06-2012, 02:23 AM
We are putting flags up and I shall be watching the flotilla on the River Thames on television. :)

Ah yes, an institution and its traditions which are older than your country is simply 'crap' and that's that, no elaboration required of course.

Anything to have a pop at old Blighty, eh? shame really that people from neighboring countries choose to place sectarian rhetoric before goodwill.

It was a joke. Will you ever relax yourself. Go do something useful with your time, something that might even be therapeutic, perhaps get involved with local politicians because I don't see how anyone could be happy coming onto a habbo forum to pick an argument with a bunch of teenagers over something petty like a sandwich.

Succubus
01-06-2012, 05:38 AM
To be very honest, I have no slight interest into this. Never will, never have.

Hope you all have a good time doing whatever you are doing ;)

iBlueBox
01-06-2012, 06:40 AM
Well, we've decorated the outside of our house with flags and are having a street party :)

Samantha.
01-06-2012, 09:36 AM
I'm not really doing anything. I'll probably be working. All around my area there are so many union jack flags!

Red
01-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Need to have a look at what events are planned here. I think there is fireworks and stuff tonight. There is a jubilee carnival in Bfast on Monday so might head up to that.

xxMATTGxx
01-06-2012, 11:44 PM
I think we are having a BBQ or something, I don't really know to be honest. But there is a lot of flags being shown around the local area which is great. Slightly off-topic but I think we should show our flag more, the USA flag is shown so much around America and just looks great.

GommeInc
01-06-2012, 11:56 PM
I think we are having a BBQ or something, I don't really know to be honest. But there is a lot of flags being shown around the local area which is great. Slightly off-topic but I think we should show our flag more, the USA flag is shown so much around America and just looks great.
It's interesting you say that, I helped host an event yesterday and one of the ladies mentioned how the local council banned the flag because some people found it offensive. They only removed the ban because, as per usual, the community challenged the council by flying it anyway and getting the whole street involved. It's strange how, as a nation, we seem really unpatriotic most of the time but when something like the Jubilee appears, we immediately get it out or when our patrioticism is challenged - it's like we wish to remain quiet about our patrioticism until it is questioned :P

That said, the St. George's cross seems to be flown more than the Union flag. It's as if we do not like it :P

For the day, I think it's just TV and business as usual. If the weather is good then maybe there will be a BBQ. It all depends on the weather :/

xxMATTGxx
02-06-2012, 12:07 AM
It's interesting you say that, I helped host an event yesterday and one of the ladies mentioned how the local council banned the flag because some people found it offensive. They only removed the ban because, as per usual, the community challenged the council by flying it anyway and getting the whole street involved. It's strange how, as a nation, we seem really unpatriotic most of the time but when something like the Jubilee appears, we immediately get it out or when our patrioticism is challenged - it's like we wish to remain quiet about our patrioticism until it is questioned :P

That said, the St. George's cross seems to be flown more than the Union flag. It's as if we do not like it :P

For the day, I think it's just TV and business as usual. If the weather is good then maybe there will be a BBQ. It all depends on the weather :/

Yeah, I don't think it helps when people make stupid decisions and "Ban the flag" of some sort. Back in 2005 I went to Orlando and their flag was everywhere, it's like you could go no where without seeing here. Then you look around the UK and you hardly see it unless something special is happening or other reasons. It's odd how we don't like to show it that much! Although someone around my area does have an actual flag pole in their garden with the England flag showing all the time.

FlyingJesus
02-06-2012, 02:15 AM

Haha yeah that's a typical English view on things, "we don't really want it but DON'T YOU DARE TAKE IT AWAY"

Am just drinking tbh. Pimms tomorrow because that's supposedly all British and Queeny, idk what else after that

Stephen
02-06-2012, 03:28 AM
im going to barbecue a corgi and then go swan shooting

Catchetat
02-06-2012, 06:56 PM
i see only one flag on my street

Technologic
02-06-2012, 07:14 PM
my street is too up itself to have a street party :(

dbgtz
02-06-2012, 07:22 PM
burning the British flag

Terrorist.

Anyway no street party in my street, thank god. I despise my neighbours and I'm certain my dad would force me to go if there was one, so it's all good. As for the Jubilee itself, I'm not paticularly bothered, might just stick it on the TV whilst doing other stuff like I did the the wedding last year.

Jordan
02-06-2012, 07:34 PM
I'm going out into town with some others for a party thing and then going to watch the concert on tv :) There isn't many flags around my area, the odd one or two.

Seikou
03-06-2012, 09:33 AM
nahh i'm not really doing much for it, just glad of the few days off school haha, have fun everyone! xx

geo
03-06-2012, 09:55 AM
I think I'll be going to a Jubilee party tomorrow. There's quite a few happening, like my friend is having one at her house (but I think that's just an excuse to have a party as they don't really seem to give a **** about the Jubilee) or there's one at the park, like loads of my village will be going to. Just gotta decide which one I'm gonna go to. :P Think there's quite a few flags out, but I wouldn't really know, as I don't go out much. (H)

Kasabian
03-06-2012, 11:05 AM
I'll probably just play fifa. I have no interest in the Jubilee.

Jurv
03-06-2012, 11:59 AM
i'm going to a jubilee party tomorrow instead. the weather is pretty crap at the moment so i'm hoping it brightens up tomorrow!

David
03-06-2012, 04:48 PM
Not doing anything it's a load of ****.
Normal day for me :P

shiver
03-06-2012, 05:33 PM
went to a fam jubilee party it was fabulous and i had too much wine
i watched the flotilla today with my mam cos i'm home for the weekend cos uni was doing my head in a bit
i'm going back to uni tomorrow and afaik there is ANOTHER jubilee party!!!!!!!!!! loving it

i love the patriotism this weekend it is lovely.

SackRace
03-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Not much tbh, got a few of those limited edtion french fancies and some flags outside my house. It's a gala day next week at our town so yeah theres flags everywhere.

Mathew
04-06-2012, 01:17 AM
Had such a good day at the Jubilee Party! Here's some photographs - my Grandma decorated the cake in the first photo and I helped to make those cupcakes in the top right of the second photo! :)

http://mathewgillings.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/dsc00633-medium.jpg?w=500&h=374

http://mathewgillings.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/dsc00632-medium.jpg?w=500&h=374

Firehorse
04-06-2012, 11:57 PM
My street had a whale of a time! We even had our own beacon to light.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/456368_4127134783520_2008602413_o.jpg
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/168235_4127038261107_1437940662_33454315_153038382 0_n.jpg
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/475532_4127053981500_1305778098_o.jpg

geo
05-06-2012, 12:15 AM
Eh, the party was okay! It was really slow at first, like some people were singing and it just got a little depressing as the song choice was crap ok. Then it got a little better for about an hr, then like my friend ruined it so I walked home. I think there was lots more to happen, we also had our own beacon to light and some more music. Watched a bit of the concert too, the queen is so cute omfg.

Mathew
05-06-2012, 12:20 AM
Fantastic concert - it would have been amazing to be there! Prince Charles' speech was so moving! I hope Prince Philip recovers swiftly! :)

xxMATTGxx
05-06-2012, 12:44 AM
The speech by Prince Charles was pretty good and I loved the fireworks at the end of as well. The projections onto the palace were also superb!

Geiranger
05-06-2012, 12:52 AM
The speech by Prince Charles was pretty good and I loved the fireworks at the end of as well. The projections onto the palace were also superb!

Totally agree!!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!