PDA

View Full Version : Lost iPhone +Rep

Phil
01-06-2012, 08:46 PM
I've lost my iPhone, not sure where but it's definitely dead! Word on the street is I can still find it using some sort of app but I don't quite understand it, help?

Kieran
01-06-2012, 08:51 PM
If you had Find My iPhone installed then it would have saved the last location it sent out before going dead.

wixard
01-06-2012, 08:52 PM
LOL SUCKS TO BE YOU
if it's dead or off theres nothing you can do

mrwoooooooo
01-06-2012, 08:56 PM
how did you lose it

Mark
01-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Go to www.me.com and enter your apple ID etc then it'll show you where it is or where it's last location was :)

Phil
01-06-2012, 10:03 PM
If you had Find My iPhone installed then it would have saved the last location it sent out before going dead.

Unfortunately not

Go to www.me.com (http://www.me.com) and enter your apple ID etc then it'll show you where it is or where it's last location was :)

Didn't seem to work

Thanks though guys! Mneh, I'll buy one tomorrow. Maybe I could buy an iPad instead :O

Mark
01-06-2012, 11:16 PM
I think they moved it to www.icloud.com although I'm not sure

jasey
02-06-2012, 12:20 AM
I think they moved it to www.icloud.com although I'm not sure

Yeah, MobileMe was phased out a long time ago. If you have a MobileMe account it will prompt you to change it over to iCloud when you sign in from "me.com" although I am not sure when they closed transitions. They were saying people had to do it 'soon' and sending out emails saying to do it at least a month and a half ago, if not before. You can find your iPhone or iPad from icloud.com in most cases.

Aiden
02-06-2012, 08:50 AM
The Phone is dead. You can't use iCould. And also when using iCloud the phone needs to be connected to the internet.

Jordan
02-06-2012, 10:21 AM
The Phone is dead. You can't use iCould. And also when using iCloud the phone needs to be connected to the internet.

I thought it had to be connected to the internet if only it was an iPod? If it's dead you can still set it to lock with a passcode when someone finds it and turns it on, and you can also set it to email you when it's been turned on so you can then look at the location and get it back?

Kieran
02-06-2012, 10:21 AM
What you could do, is log in to iCloud and send a message and alert to your phone. Then whenever it turns on next it will send that message to whoever turns it on... maybe they'll be nice enough to return it to you if you put your new mobile number in the message?

Aiden
02-06-2012, 10:42 AM
I thought it had to be connected to the internet if only it was an iPod? If it's dead you can still set it to lock with a passcode when someone finds it and turns it on, and you can also set it to email you when it's been turned on so you can then look at the location and get it back?

But Dilusionate most probs at there house and it does need to connect to the Internet for it to do anything. I use iCloud all the time. It just says offline on iCould if its not connected to the internet.

Phil
02-06-2012, 08:31 PM
The only time I actually connect is when I'm at home so that's where it'll say it is, right?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!