PDA

View Full Version : The Sims - Expansion packs

Paige.
03-06-2012, 12:20 PM
What expansion packs do you have for The Sims?
This includes Sims 1, Sims 2 and Sims 3

I have:

Sims 1 (Deluxe Edition)
Superstar
Hot Date
Livin' it up
On Holiday
Unleashed

Sims 2
H&M Fashion Stuff
Open for business
Night Life
Apartment Life

Sims 3
Late Night
Pets

Which do you like and which do you not like and why?

At the moment I'm not too fond of The Sims 3 Pets because it's glitching a lot for me and making the sims react very slowly to commands etc.

MKR&*42
03-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Sims 1;

Unleashed
Hot Date

Sims 2;

Nightlife
University
Ikea stuff
Garden and mansion stuff
Open for Business
Bon Voyage

Sims 3

World adventures

I've also got SimCity 2000 on PC, absolutely love it.

Ekelektra
03-06-2012, 12:55 PM
Sims 1:
Livin' Large
House Party
Hot Date
Vacation
Unleashed
Superstar
Makin' Magic

Sims 2:
University
Nightlife
Open for Business
Seasons
Family Fun Stuff
Celebration! Stuff

Sims 3:
Late Night

I want to get some more though, probably generations and pets

dirrty
03-06-2012, 12:58 PM
i have them all. favourite game(s) ever. sims 2 > 1 & 3 though. sims 3 is decent, but i'm not a fan of how they look and i hate how they're just basically recycling expansion packs for each one.

Conspiracy.
03-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Sims 1
I had the complete collection (http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Sims-Complete-Collection-PC/dp/B0013GTUH4) but I sold it a few months ago.

Sims 2
University
Nightlife
Open for business
Seasons
Bon Voyage
Holiday Party Pack
Ikea Home Stuff

(I didn't like Open For Business very much. It just wasn't my thing)

Sims 3
World Adventures
Ambitions
Late Night
Generations
Pets
Town Life Stuff

I haven't got Showtime installed because it seems like a "Late Night 2" I'm not a massive fan of Late Night :/ The vampires are a nice touch though.

Martin
03-06-2012, 03:09 PM
I've had most of them in the past (I sort of play for a while then stop then go back to it etcetc)

I didnt really like the sims 3 so went back to playing the sims 2 :P

My favourite expansion pack of all time is Open for Business because I just find it exciting running them and building shops and stuff and yeah xD

kitten
03-06-2012, 03:35 PM
sims 1:
hot date
makin' magic
house party

sims 2:
nightlife
open for business
bon voyage
teen style stuff pack
happy holiday stuff pack
glamour life stuff pack

and i just have the normal sims 3, no expansion packs yet, as i don't play it as much.
although it's annoying because i can only play sims 3 on this laptop as sims 2 or 1 don't work. :(

David
03-06-2012, 04:39 PM
Had all of them, cause i'm a pirate.
Don't anymore since I formatted.

I hate the pets expansions tbh, not sure why.

Jurv
03-06-2012, 10:19 PM
i've had all the expansion packs for the first two, and none for the third. i much rather prefer sims 2 out of them all though.

Knewitall
06-06-2012, 04:33 PM
The Sims
Livin' Large (I got Deluxe Edition so this one was included)
House Party
Hot Date
Superstar
Makin' Magic

The Sims 2
University
Nightlife
Open for Business
Pets
Seasons
FreeTime
Apartment Life
And about 2-3 stuff packs

The Sims 3
Ambitions
Late Night (About here is where I pretty much stopped playing. I have the rest only because my sister plays)
Generations
Pets

How I never got any travel expansions is just a coincidence...

lawrawrrr
06-06-2012, 05:33 PM
I wasn't allowed sims when I was a kid, so when I bought it, 3 had come out and I went crazy!

Sims 3
World Adventures
Ambitions
Late Night
Generations
Pets
(ive got showtime on order, waiting for it to come back in stock)

High-End Loft Stuff
Fast Lane Stuff
Outdoor Living Stuff
Town Life Stuff
Master Suite Stuff

katy perry stuff pack is also in the same order!!

Ellz
06-06-2012, 05:53 PM
I had most of the ones from Sims 1 & 2 but i've sold them now so i can't remember exactly which ones i had.

For Sims 3 i have:

World Adventures
Outdoor Stuff
Hi-tech Stuff

I don't really play it that much anymore becuase it doesnt work on my computer for some reason. I'm playing for like 10 minutes and then it freezes and the screen goes black :S

GommeInc
07-06-2012, 12:01 AM
Sims 1 = All of them, incl. a pack that had loads of lots and furniture on.
Sims 2 = All official ones.
Sims 3 = World Adventures > Pets

I much prefer The Sims 2 for gameplay and items. The Sims 3 is a huge let down and I don't think I'll be buying anymore EPs. Pets will be my last one. I also hate EA with a passion and now believe they don't really like the franchise and their customers - EA blame them for the problems and are yet to patch the games properly. World Adventures is still broken in some areas. They rush the releases.

Ekelektra
14-06-2012, 05:32 AM
I have two more to add to my list above, Sims 3 Pets and Generations I found them today at a really good price :)

AlexHenry
14-06-2012, 08:46 AM
I have most of the Sims 3 games but to be honest I prefer 2 by farrrr! ;)

CrazyLemurs
15-06-2012, 07:20 AM
I have:
University
Open for Business
for PC Sims2
They're a wonderful combo

Sims 2 Pets on Wii is a good game generally but Wii controls eugh

I'm currently on my iPhone if you are seeing this message! I cannot participate in spam wars xx

dbgtz
15-06-2012, 10:02 PM
Sims 1:
Living it up (I think that's what it's called)
Hot date
Unleashed
On Holiday
Makin' Magic

Sims 2:
Open for Business
Pets (though it was pretty much stolen)
Seasons
Bon Voyage

And I have none for the Sims 3.

lTraditional
15-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Sims 2:

Pets
Open for business
University
H&M Fashion
Nightlife
Seasons
Bon Voyage
Ikea Home Stuff

Empired
16-06-2012, 01:11 AM
I've only ever used Sims 3, but everyone tells me 2 is better and it seems you all agree as well :)

Sims 3-
Ambitions
Pets
Late Night
Showtime (on order)

:odey:
16-06-2012, 11:26 AM
I have the complete collections of 1 & 2,

For Sims 3 I only have

-World Adventures
-Ambitions
-Late Night

:(!

I had Showtime but it didn't work :O

dbgtz
16-06-2012, 09:38 PM
Sims 1 = All of them, incl. a pack that had loads of lots and furniture on.
Sims 2 = All official ones.
Sims 3 = World Adventures > Pets

I much prefer The Sims 2 for gameplay and items. The Sims 3 is a huge let down and I don't think I'll be buying anymore EPs. Pets will be my last one. I also hate EA with a passion and now believe they don't really like the franchise and their customers - EA blame them for the problems and are yet to patch the games properly. World Adventures is still broken in some areas. They rush the releases.

Well the next one seems to be the Makin Magic of Sims 3, so it may be worth checking that out.

GommeInc
16-06-2012, 11:32 PM
Well the next one seems to be the Makin Magic of Sims 3, so it may be worth checking that out.
It all looks good, but if the previous expansions packs are anything to go by - it will all be broken :P Whole communities will become werewolf vampire witches, with fairy wings.

Their next EP should be a free one, called "The Sims 3 - We've Fixed Everything!"

PiippBB
24-06-2012, 04:26 PM
I had all of TS1 games. Sold them about halfway through TS2. I had all of TS2 packs too, including all the stuff packs. Again, I've sold them now that we're over halfway through TS3 but I really wish I hadn't. I adored Seasons and OFB and I'm just finding TS3 lacking at the moment, especially with an OFB type expansion. I have all of TS3 expansions up to now but I haven't gotten all the stuff packs. It's the first Sims game I haven't kept up to date with, which must say something. Currently missing: Fast Lane (I have enough cars, I'm not wasting money on a pack full of cars and nothing else), Town Life (I can make my own venues, I'm not paying money for less than a handful of new items and some new buildings) and Katy Perry's Sweet Treats (I have no desire to spend almost as much money as I would on an expansion on candy themed furniture just because Katy Perry's name has been slapped on the box). Really looking forward to Supernatural in September though, and it seems Seasons will be out in November so I'll definitely be picking that up too. All I feel I need now is OFB in Sims 3 style :P Feels like they're winding down TS3 now though, especially with two expansions out together at the end of this year. Wonder what TS4 will have in store!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!