PDA

View Full Version : How do I get Google to crawl my blog?

Aiden
07-06-2012, 12:20 PM
Does anyone know any quick and easy ways to get googlebot to crawl my blog more? At the moment it crawls it twice a day according to stats on my blog but it only list some of the post?

Tips?

My site is >> http://splashhabit.com
Sitemap >> http://splashhabit.com/sitemap.xml

I already use Google Webmaster.

Chippiewill
07-06-2012, 04:52 PM
There isn't much you can do other than add metadata tags and improve SEO.

MrViaticus
07-06-2012, 06:45 PM
Google will crawl your website after you've submitted it normally, then usually daily although it will pickup on a frequency of how often you update your site and then crawl more often after time.

Submit to the search engines using something like "Submit Express" which submits to multiple search engines.

Tomm
07-06-2012, 07:22 PM
There is no need to manually submit your site for crawling. In terms of Google, they won't guarantee that sites submitted will be indexed, although they do offer the ability to request already indexed content to be refreshed (it is limited to how often you can do this per week/per month). However, this feature is not intended to be used just to get Google to crawl your website more frequently but rather is designed to be used if you update/remove some information or Google indexes something you'd rather it did not.

Also Google don't publish a full list of factors that affect the frequency that they crawl certain pages but they do mention that PageRank, amount of links to a page and the number of parameters in a url all affect the frequency that it will crawl a particular site or page.

Google will crawl your website after you've submitted it normally, then usually daily although it will pickup on a frequency of how often you update your site and then crawl more often after time.

Submit to the search engines using something like "Submit Express" which submits to multiple search engines.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!