PDA

View Full Version : Wired delay effect help.

iBlueBox
09-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Right,

I have a bunch of fireworks set up to go off every time I say a keyword.

But,

How do I have it so they go off automatically such as every 5 minutes as well as when I say a keyword?

Knewitall
10-06-2012, 12:08 AM
You put two different triggers in that same pile. One for the timing and one for the word ("Repeat effect" and "User says keyword").

iBlueBox
10-06-2012, 01:12 AM
You put two different triggers in that same pile. One for the timing and one for the word ("Repeat effect" and "User says keyword").

Repeat effects only last up to one minute. I want a longer time.

orientalframe?
10-06-2012, 08:13 AM
well if they only last up to one minute there's not much you can do about it lol?

iBlueBox
10-06-2012, 10:22 AM
well if they only last up to one minute there's not much you can do about it lol?

Hence the question to see if there was any other wired to delay it.

Knewitall
10-06-2012, 11:01 AM
What about the "At set time" trigger?

Plebings
10-06-2012, 01:50 PM
to be able to make a repeat effect every 5 minutes you'll need to go around it using lights/furni with states and conditions.

you'll set your timer to 5 minutes, and when those 5 minutes are up it'll set off both the fireworks and a light, as soon as the light/furni has been changed to state 2 this will reset the timer if you have the following wired set up:

repeat trigger (set to 0.5)
condition: furni matches state (set to when the light/furni is in state 2)
effect: timer resets
effect: furni matches state (so the light/furni will reset back to state 1)

you can add the keyword wired to the trigger: time is up and effect: furni state (set to firework and light), however this keyword wired will reset the 5 minute timer, if you don't want it to reset the timer just create separate wired for this.

the only problem you may encounter is that i'm not sure if timers work when people are not in the room, if you find that the timer stops working when people aren't in the room you can set up a user enters room trigger to restart the timer, it is up to you whether you want the firework to go off when they enter the room and reset the timer or if you just want it to reset the timer. if you have to resort to this each has their faults: if many people come into the room one after the other it'll either set off a firework each time they enter or keep resetting so that a firework never goes off. hopefully you won't have to resort to this however.

ugh.

ps i'll come on tonight if you need a hand with anything

iBlueBox
10-06-2012, 03:49 PM
+REP,

Thanks for the help, but I think I'd just put the wired on just a keyword now, As it seems to much bother now in buying and setting out the wired,

But thanks for the help :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!