PDA

View Full Version : Need a quick bit of advice

Locution
14-06-2012, 02:54 PM
I am going for 99 strength and I am currently at 96. I want to know what the fastest experience will be. Attack and defense are in the 80's and my setup is basic but works.

Setup: Veteran Hood
Veteran Cape
Bandos Chestplate
Dragon Platelegs
Dragon Boots
Amulet of Glory (can be changed)
Dragon Gauntlets

And I carry three weapons with me: Bandos Godsword
Saradomin Sword
Whip

With these items what is the best experience I can get and what will I be training on to get that experience. Thanks!

AlexJRiley
14-06-2012, 03:06 PM
I personally would pot up and go to iron/steel drags if not then mithril or frost drags, make sure you carry plenty of pots though, maybe even solo GWD if you're confident but then you've got respawn times in gwd which will halve if not quarter your xp

Locution
14-06-2012, 03:09 PM
I am just returning to RuneScape so the whole combat thing has flown over my head again haha. What pots do you think I need for dragons? Also which type of food should I take. I would prefer not to leave until I have a good drop or something and yeah haha.

AlexJRiley
14-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Pots for melee, you need Antifire (basically stops you from getting hurt) Saraomin brews (for healing) super restores (To get back stats the sara brews take from you, like 1 dose of super restore per 6 sara dose), super strength so you hit a bit higher and kill quicker and definitely and anti dragon shield will make the dragon only be able to hurt you via melee, so maybe some super def's too.
Because of the shield i'd reccomend using the whip because of its high hit rate and speed, coupled with a dds for its spec and a weapon thats spec lowers defence, other than that you're good to go :]

---------- Post added 14-06-2012 at 04:16 PM ----------

I generally take 6 - 10 antifires with me using range and get a few kills (i'm not that high a level) but you'd be fine getting decent drops, definitely take a wealth though

Locution
14-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Alright. I am going to head off to bed, didn't realise it was one in the morning, but tomorrow when I start playing I will try out Steel Dragons. Going to take my whip as I have surprisingly never been Dragon killing and do not wish to lose 20m worth of items haha.

AlexJRiley
14-06-2012, 03:30 PM
Cant say I blame you, jump between steels and irons (steels are more likely to drop d legs) good hunting!!

Zelda
14-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Gonna suggest a few stuff, though some of these have big changes to the armour a bit. Plus in general is switch to barrows gloves / goliaths just to save time being wasted at fog.

Vyrelords - (quest requirement - branches of darkmeyer, ritual of the mahjarrat (optional) )

Set up -

Akrisaes / proselyte
Blisterwood polearm
Soul wars cape
Fury / holy symbol
Explorers ring 4 / Berserker ring/Berserker ring (I)
Steadfast boots / bandos boots / dragon boots
Goliath gloves / barrows gloves

Nice xp due to increased damage by blisterwood. Mainly about high prayer bonus aswell as stats as you will be utilizing your best prayers with the local altar, but need some defences for safety if prayers run out before getting back as you will likely not want food.

Living rock creatures -

Set up -

Torags armour
Soul wars cape / skill cape
Dragon boots / steadfasts
Goliath / barrows gloves
Rapier / cls / SarA sword
fury / glory
Berserker (I) / berserker

No defence so high hits. Armour complements the fact that you will take quite a bit of damage with weaker gear. your bandos might work here too but Torags is very cheap anyway. Take an enchanted excalibur or aha with unicorn/bunyip for healing and some other food tor incase your low.

Those were my two with some drastic changes. But for your set up if you don't want big change might also suggest -

Armoured zombies - requires defender of varrock (altar)
Bloodveld ( high health, very low defence)
Monkey guards (altar, requires monkey madness)
Queen black dragon (need dragonfire protection, masive xp moderation and negative defence)

General suggestion is just read what everyone is going to suggest and see what you personally enjoy, find easiest, and requires the least change from current set up

---------- Post added 14-06-2012 at 03:47 PM ----------

Plus the steel drag iron drag idea on pots is say use -

Super antifire , 85 herblore, gives full protection from dragonfire, so you can use a dragon defender
Prayer potions to protect from melee, that way don't need food / brwws and restores. So saving money really, and even if you not using prayer don't use brews, far too expensive and unnesscary.
Extreme meelee set over shortage, 88 and 89 and 90 herblore respectively, much bigger bonus than supwrs.

Locution
15-06-2012, 12:10 AM
Thanks for the suggestions will try it all out!

IceNineKills
15-06-2012, 04:08 PM
personally i would just train it with slayer. two birds one stone really.

Kyle
15-06-2012, 10:59 PM
The only relatively good suggestion I've seen that I've actually tried and found useful in this thread so far, aside from the above comment of course (woo slayer!), is armoured zombies. but then there's the quest requirement which could hinder you if you haven't done it. exp rate is ~70k/hr+ iirc. so well worth doing the quests if you have a bit of time on your hands and want some quick exp in the long run. Alternatively I would suggest livingrock creatures, especially if you have 77 mining to mine their minerals as you can make a nice bank for yourself while you train. But yeah... slayer is marginally slower than other methods but far less boring and potentially offers better drop rewards so SLAYER ALL THE WAY.

Without your stats and cashpile it's hard to tell you what gear exactly and I think pipette may have perhaps overestimated a little. Ideal and best rated weapon for strength training is the sara sword you have. Dump the others in the bank. Dump that veteran hood too, it has terrible stats. Helm of neitiznot or berzerker helm would be better. From what I can see the rest is fine. good luck on the road to 99 strength:)

Zelda
16-06-2012, 12:05 AM
The only relatively good suggestion I've seen that I've actually tried and found useful in this thread so far, aside from the above comment of course (woo slayer!), is armoured zombies. but then there's the quest requirement which could hinder you if you haven't done it. exp rate is ~70k/hr+ iirc. so well worth doing the quests if you have a bit of time on your hands and want some quick exp in the long run. Alternatively I would suggest livingrock creatures, especially if you have 77 mining to mine their minerals as you can make a nice bank for yourself while you train. But yeah... slayer is marginally slower than other methods but far less boring and potentially offers better drop rewards so SLAYER ALL THE WAY.

Without your stats and cashpile it's hard to tell you what gear exactly and I think pipette may have perhaps overestimated a little. Ideal and best rated weapon for strength training is the sara sword you have. Dump the others in the bank. Dump that veteran hood too, it has terrible stats. Helm of neitiznot or berzerker helm would be better. From what I can see the rest is fine. good luck on the road to 99 strength:)

Cough cough i mentioned lrc too LOL , + ye agreed with that , but i would say vyrelords probably easily tops the 70k/hour, but again yes the quest reqs there is quite a hinderance.

Kyle
16-06-2012, 12:16 AM
turns out I didn't remember correctly and armoured zombies actually average 100k-110k+ /hr if you remain potted. :)

Rixion
18-06-2012, 10:14 PM
Vyrelords are definitely the way forward, if that's too boring just do Slayer. That's how I got my 99 Str just last week.

eggism
19-06-2012, 08:45 PM
TzHaar or armored zombies on low hp in dharok is very very good xp p/h i would also advise switching to a regen brace as it offers more of a str bonus :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!