PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4s OR Blackberry 9900?

Jarkie
14-06-2012, 07:58 PM
My contract is nearly up and I'm looking for a new phone.

The two phones in mind is the iPhone 4s or the blackberry 9900. People keep giving me mixed views about both phones, so the users of habbox; which phone do you think I should go for and why? & If not the iPhone 4s or Blackberry 9900, then what?

Will Rep+ For good answers :)

Kieran
14-06-2012, 08:28 PM
Well I'm an iPhone lover... so naturally I will tell you to get that. Never really got the point of Blackberry's outside of the corporate world. I know the Galaxy S3 has good reviews. Just depends whether you'd prefer iOS or Android.

I'd kind of recommend you get a **** phone for a bit and get the iPhone 5 comes out around October time.

Jarkie
14-06-2012, 08:33 PM
Well I'm an iPhone lover... so naturally I will tell you to get that. Never really got the point of Blackberry's outside of the corporate world. I know the Galaxy S3 has good reviews. Just depends whether you'd prefer iOS or Android.

I'd kind of recommend you get a **** phone for a bit and get the iPhone 5 comes out around October time.

My mum has the Galaxy S3 and i dont like it that much, and aye but I've read that the iPhone 5 wont live up to its expectations due to Steve jobs dying.

Kieran
14-06-2012, 08:36 PM
My mum has the Galaxy S3 and i dont like it that much, and aye but I've read that the iPhone 5 wont live up to its expectations due to Steve jobs dying.

Beings as its still being designed my Sir Jonathan Ive, the same guy who has designed everything successful that Apple has made.. I wouldn't worry to much about that! iOS6 I think shows that Apple will go on without Steve Jobs quite well. Sure there are errors in it but even for the first beta there are some parts where they've gone well beyond the required attention to detail.

GoldenMerc
14-06-2012, 08:37 PM
Not going to lie, anyone who says blackberry is obviously behind a few generations.
Even so i don't really like the iPhone its far better than BB

Jarkie
14-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Beings as its still being designed my Sir Jonathan Ive, the same guy who has designed everything successful that Apple has made.. I wouldn't worry to much about that! iOS6 I think shows that Apple will go on without Steve Jobs quite well. Sure there are errors in it but even for the first beta there are some parts where they've gone well beyond the required attention to detail.

I see. but I might just get the iPhone 4S tbh

Not going to lie, anyone who says blackberry is obviously behind a few generations.
Even so i don't really like the iPhone its far better than BB

Indeed, I once had a blackberry 9300 and it was so rubbish.

e5
14-06-2012, 09:35 PM
The iPhone 4S anyday! Blackberry's have nothing on them! :O I have the iPhone 4s and it's the best phone I could wish for :) Does everything I need it to and more.

Stephen
14-06-2012, 09:40 PM
hahahahhaha

Edited by Skynus (Forum Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly!

lawrawrrr
14-06-2012, 09:51 PM
I'm a blackberry lover, as long as you look after them well they're usually fine, but iPhones are great too. It depends what you're after really, if you want a lot of apps and things, go for an iPhone, but I find blackberries are better for the phone capabilites. And if you like touchscreens or not (which I don't).

Jarkie
14-06-2012, 10:11 PM
The iPhone 4S anyday! Blackberry's have nothing on them! :O I have the iPhone 4s and it's the best phone I could wish for :) Does everything I need it to and more.

Yeah this post has just made me really want it xD

I'm a blackberry lover, as long as you look after them well they're usually fine, but iPhones are great too. It depends what you're after really, if you want a lot of apps and things, go for an iPhone, but I find blackberries are better for the phone capabilites. And if you like touchscreens or not (which I don't).

Indeed. All phones have there cons and pros. The thing I would miss from the blackberrys is the keyboard.

Will rep+ u both once on PC.

Red
14-06-2012, 10:13 PM
I would hold off for the iPhone 5! Not a fan of blackberry. My contract is up too but gonna wait till the 5 is released.

lawrawrrr
14-06-2012, 10:14 PM

Indeed. All phones have there cons and pros. The thing I would miss from the blackberrys is the keyboard.

What BB have you got atm? I upgraded from a Bold 9000 - 9780 and I literally couldn't be more in love!!

Jarkie
14-06-2012, 10:18 PM
I would hold off for the iPhone 5! Not a fan of blackberry. My contract is up too but gonna wait till the 5 is released.

I'm not all hyped up for the Iphone 5 tbh.

What BB have you got atm? I upgraded from a Bold 9000 - 9780 and I literally couldn't be more in love!!

I have the 9300, I used to love it before I started to get 1000 and 1 problems with it

lawrawrrr
14-06-2012, 10:20 PM
I'm not all hyped up for the Iphone 5 tbh.

I have the 9300, I used to love it before I started to get 1000 and 1 problems with it

Once they have a lot of things stored (especially lots of apps) without clearing it every so often they do go downhill really quickly, which is why app-wise iPhones are better! I clear mine out quite often so nothing bad happens :(

e5
15-06-2012, 01:07 AM
Glad my post has influenced you :P
Yeah, I love my iPhone. Just make sure when/if you get one, you get front and back screen protectors and a case, makes you love it so much more aha :) Mine is spotless!

Jarkie
15-06-2012, 07:16 AM
Once they have a lot of things stored (especially lots of apps) without clearing it every so often they do go downhill really quickly, which is why app-wise iPhones are better! I clear mine out quite often so nothing bad happens :(

Aye indeed, i did put quite a few applications on my 9300 and it slowed it right down. Don't get me wrong the balckberrys are fantastic; however they would of done alot better if they came out a good few years back.

Glad my post has influenced you :P
Yeah, I love my iPhone. Just make sure when/if you get one, you get front and back screen protectors and a case, makes you love it so much more aha :) Mine is spotless!

Hahaa indeed :) What case and screen protectors do you have? :)

Recursion
15-06-2012, 08:00 AM
Samsung Galaxy S3 > iPhone 4s > BlackBerry

GoldenMerc
15-06-2012, 09:52 AM

Another Android lover im still stuck with the S2 mind

lawrawrrr
15-06-2012, 10:36 AM
Aye indeed, i did put quite a few applications on my 9300 and it slowed it right down. Don't get me wrong the balckberrys are fantastic; however they would of done alot better if they came out a good few years back.

9300's a curve isn't it? They're especially known for slowing down, they're RIM's equivalent of cheap + cheerful built-to-break phones. If you did decide to go with a BB i'd definitely recommend a Bold instead, my dad just got the latest curve (only for business) and he already HATES it...

Jarkie
15-06-2012, 04:46 PM

Another Android lover im still stuck with the S2 mind

I do like android, I once had a HTC Wildfire and HTC desire. My mother has the S3, but I don't like it.

9300's a curve isn't it? They're especially known for slowing down, they're RIM's equivalent of cheap + cheerful built-to-break phones. If you did decide to go with a BB i'd definitely recommend a Bold instead, my dad just got the latest curve (only for business) and he already HATES it...

Aye it is, worth choice ever. Was in sale you see (and stupid me brought it) my friend has the 9900; And she hates it, i played with it and I don't see no difference within the blackberry systems, part from the touchscreen, prossescour etc.

Mr-Trainor
15-06-2012, 07:34 PM
I'd definitely go for the iPhone 4S over any blackberry imo. I have a 4S at the moment and I think it's great, much better than all the nokia's I've had before :P.

mrwoooooooo
15-06-2012, 09:45 PM
if it has to be out of them 2, iphone.

otherwise galaxy s2, save yourself some money

Swearwolf
15-06-2012, 09:57 PM
definitely iphone. other phones just feel so sluggy and limited compared IMO

GommeInc
16-06-2012, 12:33 AM
I do like android, I once had a HTC Wildfire and HTC desire. My mother has the S3, but I don't like it.
The HTC One S is an impressive phone if you want another phone chucked into the works. The camera is amazing! Very good quality and quite a shock when I saw the photos my friend took the other day :)

GoldenMerc
16-06-2012, 12:40 AM
The HTC One S is an impressive phone if you want another phone chucked into the works. The camera is amazing! Very good quality and quite a shock when I saw the photos my friend took the other day :)

photos of what...
I've always had Android, my dads got a iPhone and a blackberry and mums got a HTC. But just feel safe with Android :P

GommeInc
16-06-2012, 12:46 AM
photos of what...
I've always had Android, my dads got a iPhone and a blackberry and mums got a HTC. But just feel safe with Android :P
Went to a zoo, took pictures of animals in the rain. If a camera phone can take good photos in low light it's a good phone :P

Jarkie
16-06-2012, 07:41 AM
I'd definitely go for the iPhone 4S over any blackberry imo. I have a 4S at the moment and I think it's great, much better than all the nokia's I've had before :P.

if it has to be out of them 2, iphone.

otherwise galaxy s2, save yourself some money

Yeah I'm going get an iPhone :) I've made up my mind! :D Rep+ for all.

Indeed, Most phones have good photo system implaced now :) My mums S3 do good photos, I must admit.

I know that feeling :)

Thanks for commenting people, I'm going get me an iPhone! :)

peteyt
18-06-2012, 03:45 AM

Had to comment on this. I don't get why people think iPhone has everything compared to other phones.

Firstly, I hate Blackberry phones, too out of date, the only thing they seem to have going for them is Blackberry Messenger and I don't think it's that great. They only seem to be bringing out a touch screen phone now after everyone else has been for years.

However there are far more better phones in my opinion that the iPhone - there are a number of Android phones out there that have the same features of iPhone phones including the latest, some even more but are yet so cheaper.

With Apple your paying for a brand, you can pay a lot of money for an iPhone or you can get something that's cheaper but still does everything. I love my Galaxy S2 which has better specs than the current iPhone - This is not looking at the even higher specs that the Galaxy S3 has e.g. quad core. Not sure on the s3 design but haven't looked at one close up for real but no reason to upgrade right now

Seikou
18-06-2012, 08:01 AM
i do like blackberry phones but i think the iphone is better, you're making a good choice by going for it instead.

Jarkie
18-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Thanks all for your comments :) I've gotten myself the Phone:
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t83/jarkie/252682_4096656137426_865643324_n.jpg

And atm I am very pleased with it, one of the best phones i've ever owned! :)

Kieran
18-06-2012, 04:32 PM
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t83/jarkie/252682_4096656137426_865643324_n.jpg

Nice to see you made a good choice ;)

Metric1
26-06-2012, 05:25 PM
LOVE MY BB 9900

Shar
26-06-2012, 11:51 PM

good choice, blackberrys are awful!

Oleh
26-06-2012, 11:53 PM
I don't see why you didn't go for the Galaxy S3 to be honest.

Shar
27-06-2012, 12:04 AM
android ftw

Jarkie
27-06-2012, 08:00 AM

'Cos my mother has it, and I didn't like it.

santa-my-nana
27-06-2012, 08:01 AM
if I had to choose it would be iphone because I hate blackberrys but my phones are and always will be HTC's as they are what I like

samsaBEAR
27-06-2012, 08:09 PM
If you don't like the S3, you definitely should've gone for the Galaxy Nexus S or the HTC One X or something. Buying a year old phone right before the next one coming out is a bit stupid imo, but as long as you're happy

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!