View Full Version : [Bobba] so my fansite got removed...

October
14-06-2012, 10:40 PM
First he asks me a question,
Why are you spreading fake Twitter messages from Paul?
Thanks Jason
Three minutes later,

Removed from the Fansite Programme
This is related to your actions on Twitter.
Thanks Jason
Another three minutes,

Hey Fansites,
I know this is a very frustrating time, please please bear with us, we are working around the clock to be able to restore the Habbo service. I am as sad as you are - we will bounce back.Please keep comments constructive on Twitter and other Social media platforms.A fansite (mentioning no names) has created fake posts to stir up a whole load of trouble. This is not coolThanksJason. Ps - Fast Food is out!

I'm being punished for Paul's mistakes / lies. :S I posted about what he said about Becs, then he deleted the tweet, and loads others noticed it and saw it, @kyle even screenied it and posted it... http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=750939&p=7566237#post7566237

But apparently I'm posting lies? I thought Habbo was meant to be fair lol...

auffant1
14-06-2012, 10:47 PM
LOL this whole situation that is going is such a joke. Paul and the rest of Sulake need to man up, get some balls, and tell everyone the truth. Stop deleting everyone's tweets and yours to try and make yourself look good. Everyone knows that Paul bashed Becs and now they try and stop anyone else from knowing. Why? Just frustrates me how they can't take their own actions in to account instead of hiding and saying, "O that wasn't me."

October
14-06-2012, 10:55 PM
LOL this whole situation that is going is such a joke. Paul and the rest of Sulake need to man up, get some balls, and tell everyone the truth. Stop deleting everyone's tweets and yours to try and make yourself look good. Everyone knows that Paul bashed Becs and now they try and stop anyone else from knowing. Why? Just frustrates me how they can't take their own actions in to account instead of hiding and saying, "O that wasn't me."
I didn't even break the Fansite or the Habbo Way. I don't know why I'm being punished for Paul's mistakes and problems. They're making a conspiracy out of it all...

Kyle
14-06-2012, 10:56 PM
LOL!!!!!!!!!! does this mean he is denying all knowledge of posting (and subsequently deleting) those tweets? :S just link jason to the hxf threads

Mathew
14-06-2012, 10:59 PM
What the heck? I saw the tweet with my own eyes - that's pretty sad that they're actually trying to cover it up when dozens, if not hundreds, of people saw it. Ridiculous.

What fansite do you own? :)

xxMATTGxx
14-06-2012, 11:04 PM
I was wondering which fansite he was talking about when I read that email earlier on today. Very strange

October
14-06-2012, 11:06 PM
LOL!!!!!!!!!! does this mean he is denying all knowledge of posting (and subsequently deleting) those tweets? :S just link jason to the hxf threadsI would but @Jordan merged my threads and made it harder so I just linked him to the post you made with the screenie.

What the heck? I saw the tweet with my own eyes - that's pretty sad that they're actually trying to cover it up when dozens, if not hundreds, of people saw it. Ridiculous.

What fansite do you own? :)RIGHT! But many more didn't see it and so they're acting like it didn't happen. I have suck-ups on Twitter defending them saying it never happened, and that there is no proof...

And I own Snewsbox; I know I haven't updated it much lately since I'm more focused on redoing it for v2, but that is a completely different reason to shut it down lol.

lawrawrrr
14-06-2012, 11:07 PM
Hmm... if he didn't want people commenting on rude tweets maybe he shouldn't post them in the first place??

October
14-06-2012, 11:07 PM
I was wondering which fansite he was talking about when I read that email earlier on today. Very strange
The only comments I made about Paul was on here and Twitter about the same exact thing: what he said and subsequently deleted. The question is, is it fair for me to be punished for Paul's unprofessional behavior?

---------- Post added 14-06-2012 at 05:09 PM ----------

Hmm... if he didn't want people commenting on rude tweets maybe he shouldn't post them in the first place??
+rep. in the final e-mail it said constructive criticism only (censorship much?)
apparently this suggestion which got me blocked and him to delete the tweet wasn't constructive enough https://twitter.com/xprdc/status/213023348534419457

Mathew
14-06-2012, 11:11 PM
I would but @Jordan merged my threads and made it harder so I just linked him to the post you made with the screenie.

RIGHT! But many more didn't see it and so they're acting like it didn't happen. I have suck-ups on Twitter defending them saying it never happened, and that there is no proof...

And I own Snewsbox; I know I haven't updated it much lately since I'm more focused on redoing it for v2, but that is a completely different reason to shut it down lol.
Ooo, I never knew you owned Snewsbox! Very good. Yeah it's to be expected that you'll get kids trying to protect their staff. What did you tweet back to Paul? I think I remember reading it but that thread is too big now, haha.

auffant1
14-06-2012, 11:12 PM
Obvisouly I don't know what I am talking about, but still I think Paul and Sulake should man up to their actions :P.

October
14-06-2012, 11:13 PM
Ooo, I never knew you owned Snewsbox! Very good. Yeah it's to be expected that you'll get kids trying to protect their staff. What did you tweet back to Paul? I think I remember reading it but that thread is too big now, haha.I tweeted him this back but he blocked me so...

https://twitter.com/xprdc/status/213023348534419457

lawrawrrr
14-06-2012, 11:13 PM
The only comments I made about Paul was on here and Twitter about the same exact thing: what he said and subsequently deleted. The question is, is it fair for me to be punished for Paul's unprofessional behavior?

---------- Post added 14-06-2012 at 05:09 PM ----------

+rep. in the final e-mail it said constructive criticism only (censorship much?)
apparently this suggestion which got me blocked and him to delete the tweet wasn't constructive enough https://twitter.com/xprdc/status/213023348534419457

Constructive criticism!? How does that even apply in this situation... What sort of things did you post - were they blatantly rude or just reporting on the situation? The former I can understand being asked to delete (sorta)...

That tweet just hits the nail on the head, he's fine taking responsibility when things are fine but as soon as things go wrong he starts acting childish and posts mean tweets. The ones you can see now are OK, semi-professional yet clearly posting his thoughts which I think is what he should have done in the first place.

Mathew
14-06-2012, 11:16 PM
Lolol, you've even got Becs backing you up. What utter rubbish.

https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/RebeccaNewton

October
14-06-2012, 11:17 PM
Constructive criticism!? How does that even apply in this situation... What sort of things did you post - were they blatantly rude or just reporting on the situation? The former I can understand being asked to delete (sorta)...

That tweet just hits the nail on the head, he's fine taking responsibility when things are fine but as soon as things go wrong he starts acting childish and posts mean tweets. The ones you can see now are OK, semi-professional yet clearly posting his thoughts which I think is what he should have done in the first place.
I posted my thoughts on an external medium - Twitter, not on their page nor on Habbo's facebook profile. I posted my thoughts from my profile. I admonished Paul for his actions and then he blocked me. I agree with Channel 4 that safety and moderation does need improved; whether or not I agree with their biasness (which I don't understand since they were covering one topic) is irrelevant imo. I chided a bunch of Habbos yesterday who were being extremely hypocritical, who have been complaining about these things for months + years and are now acting like it never happened...

But I'm being punished for something off Habbo and off my fansite, I wasn't disrupting Habbox, and I didn't break the Habbo or Fansite Way lol.

---------- Post added 14-06-2012 at 05:18 PM ----------

Lolol, you've even got Becs backing you up. What utter rubbish.

https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/RebeccaNewtonWhich isn't really going to help me lol. I just can't believe that I've played this for 8+ years and am being treated as the criminal here... Paul even tried silencing me the other day...

lawrawrrr
14-06-2012, 11:51 PM
I posted my thoughts on an external medium - Twitter, not on their page nor on Habbo's facebook profile. I posted my thoughts from my profile. I admonished Paul for his actions and then he blocked me. I agree with Channel 4 that safety and moderation does need improved; whether or not I agree with their biasness (which I don't understand since they were covering one topic) is irrelevant imo. I chided a bunch of Habbos yesterday who were being extremely hypocritical, who have been complaining about these things for months + years and are now acting like it never happened...

But I'm being punished for something off Habbo and off my fansite, I wasn't disrupting Habbox, and I didn't break the Habbo or Fansite Way lol.

---------- Post added 14-06-2012 at 05:18 PM ----------

Which isn't really going to help me lol. I just can't believe that I've played this for 8+ years and am being treated as the criminal here... Paul even tried silencing me the other day...

Wow, if it wasn't even on the fansite and from a third part then that's completely out of order, a child throwing his toys out of the pram...

MKR&*42
14-06-2012, 11:59 PM
Disgraceful. I saw this earlier but forgot to comment. Losing respect for the man now, we all make snap comments and rude ones but to try and remove all evidence of it is a disgraceful and tacky move.

Can't really say much more, most has been summed in posts above but it's completely ridiculous how he's not accepting his own faults.

Samantha
15-06-2012, 12:22 AM
I made a jibe earlier saying that Paul LaFontaine was like Habbox mods as neither can admit that they're wrong, I was joking on both parts but tbh Paul has just shown he can't admit he was in the wrong; he posted the tweet and tried covering up his tracks? Have you taken the image and uploaded it to Twitter? Linking Paul and Jason to it? I'm sure that will be proof enough. However, Paul may even try say it's fake. He cannot admit that he's wrong.

October
15-06-2012, 12:44 AM
I made a jibe earlier saying that Paul LaFontaine was like Habbox mods as neither can admit that they're wrong, I was joking on both parts but tbh Paul has just shown he can't admit he was in the wrong; he posted the tweet and tried covering up his tracks? Have you taken the image and uploaded it to Twitter? Linking Paul and Jason to it? I'm sure that will be proof enough. However, Paul may even try say it's fake. He cannot admit that he's wrong.
Yep, I did post rhe image on Facebook during my discussion with Rebecca. I even included it in my email to Jason. I dont even tjink that, despite all the proof, I'll even be put back on the list. It is completely unfair and absurd. They're practically silencing me of their mistakes so no one else can find it.

MKR&*42
15-06-2012, 01:03 AM
Yep, I did post rhe image on Facebook during my discussion with Rebecca. I even included it in my email to Jason. I dont even tjink that, despite all the proof, I'll even be put back on the list. It is completely unfair and absurd. They're practically silencing me of their mistakes so no one else can find it.

It's a shame for him that fansite forums exist then ;) xD. I hope you do get back on the list, what happened to you was extremely unfair.

GommeInc
15-06-2012, 01:13 AM
I'm not sending another Tweet again on your behalf only for it to be ignored :P It's pretty sad they're attempting to cover their tracks when there is evidence. Their behaviour is awful! If anything this whole event has shed light on the sort of people running Sulake/Habbo - untrustworthy loonies.

e5
15-06-2012, 01:15 AM
Fair enough for him to delete it to stop further hassle, but to then completely deny it is just plain silly. It's more grown-up to admit your faults and deal with the consequences. At least more people will respect you for it.

lTraditional
15-06-2012, 07:05 AM
Fair enough for him to delete it to stop further hassle, but to then completely deny it is just plain silly. It's more grown-up to admit your faults and deal with the consequences. At least more people will respect you for it.

I agree with this. When I thought Paul was a good CEO, I kind of take it back now after this. Being very unprofessional. Hopefully you will get back on the list!

October
15-06-2012, 04:29 PM
We would like to thank Channel Four for initiating a global debate around this incredibly serious issue. It has provided a global wake-up call for both my company and our poorly regulated industry and we fully intend to actively participate in finding a regulatory solution that will protect our users and ensure the long-term reputation and future of the social gaming community.
omg what is this...

Sulake CEO Commits to Working With Habbo Users and Parents to Deliver a World Class Safety System : blocking people isn't very co-operative.

anyways i emailed jason this morning

Hey,
Thanks for your email. In this tough time (Habbo being in the media spotlight), we have to go on what we see and unfortunately we cant take any risks around the Habbo brand.Moving forward when the site is back, we can view your site again and get you back on the fansite programme.Thanks Jason

Samantha
15-06-2012, 05:43 PM
It's stupid as you didn't do anything wrong. I feel Paul is lying through his teeth so much in some of the things he says, it's a joke and frankly I would be ashamed.

DPS
15-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Well you did post something that he "REMOVED" therefore he didnt want it to be seen again...

Hes the CEO, and you own a fansite, atleast they wont close you down? yet lol

October
16-06-2012, 01:19 AM
Well you did post something that he "REMOVED" therefore he didnt want it to be seen again...

Hes the CEO, and you own a fansite, atleast they wont close you down? yet lolHe shouldn't have posted it in the first place then! As he said, the Internet never forgets! Plus I posted about it when it was still up.

Red
16-06-2012, 01:30 AM
We all seen the tweet so it wasn't wise to take you off the list and name that as the reason. I'm guessing you were really removed because of how critical you have been in your tweets. Not gonna lie, they were starting to make me irate so I can imagine how they were feeling. The media is on them and as Jason said you're just putting the habbo brand at further risk. Anyway you're a representative and own a habbo 'fan' site... and well you've certainly not been that.

October
16-06-2012, 01:33 AM
We all seen the tweet so it wasn't wise to take you off the list and name that as the reason. I'm guessing you were really removed because of how critical you have been in your tweets. Not gonna lie, they were starting to make me irate so I can imagine how they were feeling. The media is on them and as Jason said your just putting the habbo brand at further risk. Anyway you're a representative and own a habbo 'fan' site... and well you've certainly not been that.I was talking on my own Twitter profile, though, and made no mention to my own fansite, so I was hardly representing it. It's super sad that I'm being punished because we've said for years to improve moderation, and I reiterated that, and it took this for them to listen.

Fansites are meant to be a place for open discussion, yes? Where we can share our views and opinions? Well that is mine.

Red
16-06-2012, 01:39 AM
Well you link to it in your bio and retweet from there so yes you are representing it. Your tweets have been pretty aggressive. Its a stressful time for them. I'm sure you will be placed back on when things calm down.

October
16-06-2012, 01:56 AM
Well you link to it in your bio and retweet from there so yes you are representing it. Your tweets have been pretty aggressive. Its a stressful time for them. I'm sure you will be placed back on when things calm down.
So I have to keep quiet about things we have said for ages? I get it is a stressful time for them, but when did that become my fault? If I can't share my beliefs due to their stressful times then it's complete, unfair censorship.

Red
16-06-2012, 02:29 AM
I've called for better moderation in the past too. I feel it shouldn't have taken a news report for them to act on this. Yet, you're sitting calling us who are supporting them hypocrites. C4 greatly over exaggerated and as Paul said and as you well and truly know Para, 'habbo contains millions of responsible and proud users who have a positive experience on our site'. You haven't acknowledged that fact once. You're a habbo fan site owner. Would be nice to show some support and highlight that fact...no?!? Instead you vote for habbo to be shut down in one of the polls on this forum and from your twitter comments seems like you are trying your hardest to make it happen?! Why are you even owning a fan site then? You don't even deserve your spot if that is the case.

October
16-06-2012, 02:35 AM
I know users have had a positive experience for the site, and have been entertained by it for a long time, but I value online safety more than I do enjoyment. You can't enjoy something you don't find safe, can you? So yes, I have acknowledged that fact.

Red
16-06-2012, 02:41 AM
Well no I haven't once seen you acknowledge that which makes you a hypocrite imo. You say you care about user safety... Even habbo in its current situation (before the report) is better moderated than other sites like IMVU and Second Life. You want to see a site that you yourself for years have enjoyed closed and have teens turn to sites that arguably make them more vulnerable.

October
16-06-2012, 02:46 AM
https://twitter.com/xprdc/status/213102624973651969 Safety > enjoyment
https://twitter.com/xprdc/status/213055012786544640 I agree it is creative.

i have enjoyed it for years, and for years i've noticed it get less and less safe.

Red
16-06-2012, 02:58 AM
Really Para? If those are the best examples you can come up with then says it all really. You are highly critical in both of those statements. Maybe its just me but I think that a fansite should actually support habbo :S and I feel that they are perfectly justified in removing someone who supports the hotel's closure and continually criticises. The most positive thing you can muster is that they are 'creative'....

October
16-06-2012, 03:02 AM
because nothing about any of this is about habbo's creativity. that isn't what was investigated and that isn't what i care about. i care about the safety in habbo.

Red
16-06-2012, 03:13 AM
Well it's a problem for all social networking sites in general and habbo even in the current state is a lot safer for teens than most. I don't appreciate the labels c4 gave to them or viewers being led to believe that this is the only type of behaviour going on in the hotel. At least some have come together to show their support to prove that isn't the case...

e5
16-06-2012, 09:49 AM
They better not ruin Habbo because of some rubbish C4 news program.

DPS
16-06-2012, 11:35 AM
They better not ruin Habbo because of some rubbish C4 news program.

Habbo has been ruined for along time anyway lol

karter
16-06-2012, 12:31 PM
am i bumping this thread? soz if i am

okay just wanted to say that paul lafontaine does not deserve to be a CEO in the first place. you're tolerable to him on twitter only if you give positive feedback to everything and suck up to him (sorry had to say that). all the others are blocked, tagged 'negative' or 'griefers'. Me some of the folks I know have been blocked by him because apparently all we offer is negativity and no constructive criticism.

I was blocked because I pointed out how rude he was to children

@AnnamayHabbo (https://twitter.com/#!/AnnamayHabbo) Not going to argue with you. I think I am better qualified to comment on my intentions than you are. thanks

e5
17-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Not exactly true...

Habbo has been ruined for along time anyway lol

Zelda
17-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Not exactly true...

urm very true actually lol even as far back as the merge, which ruined everything economially, the introduction of the mp etc...
and then recently update so that everything goes bak into mp etc, habbo beta, moderation been awful for long time, etc ;p

Samantha
17-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Think people need to consider that it's upto an opinion, I feel J-Raviv; gave his opinion when talking to Paul and the tweets he posted at least one of them I didn't find critisizing so I'm not sure if we're reading the same thing.

I don't think Habbo has been ruined, yeah some people may think so because they were there for years but they need to move forward. I think the merge was a great thing and gave me more knowledge of Habbo and I feel that everything happens for a reason.

Paul needs to learn that he shouldn't have put that on to begin with and many saw it, as soon as he realised he was wrong he tried to erase it with not much avail.

lawrawrrr
17-06-2012, 07:22 PM
They weren't even directly affiliated with the fansite either so I don't see why it was such as problem?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!