PDA

View Full Version : When you go to welcome lounge a popup now comes up asking you 2 questions

.DnB
15-06-2012, 01:52 PM
the first question is what do u think of the mute and the second 1 is what are your suggestions for the future of habbo. It also comes up if you are in spectator view, I suggested a compulsory filter for under 16s, delete unsuitable rooms, warnings when someone says cam or msn and a popup telling you it is dangerous etc and that you will be banned, I said focus on gaming for new players and to have compulsory steps when you make an account taking you through screens telling you about the dangers of revealing personal info and not to engage in sexual behaviour else you'll be banned, I think you should all go there and suggest sensible ideas, it might make a difference and help the safety of the young players of habbo (yn)

lawrawrrr
15-06-2012, 01:56 PM
1. Compulsory filter for under 16s
What's stopping users from lying about their ages?

2. Deleting Unsuitable rooms
I'm completely for this, I think they've already got rid of most of them.

3. Warnings
again, for this. They should actually act on them.

I'm about to go on and suggest a hobba-like system where habbos can volunteer for a mod-like job, sorting requests into categories for the real mods then to sort out, as well as the last 2 you suggested :)

MKR&*42
15-06-2012, 02:10 PM
Why is everyone trying to age restrict everything? It's not going to ******** work due to the issue of faking your age. And, if Sulake simply did it to gain a better image then they'd get the idea that they don't need to improve moderation as much due to an age limit. I see no harm in a 13 year old being able to swear/talk about sex on there (as long as it's not too vulgar and it's not cybersex lol) and I see no harm in them being allowed to enter a dating room (yet again, if Sulake bloody sort out moderation then I'd see no problem with this, they're only trying to virtually roleplay :S) as long as it doesn't lead to cyber sex.

Everyone mentally matures at a different age, putting an age restriction limit on something would piss a lot of people off who do actually only play the game for fun and don't mind occasionally swearing now and then. If the filter were to be compulsory, shove it on everyone just don't have it for a certain portion of the community. I often discussed issues regarding my sexuality on the hotel when I was 15 (yet again, it wasn't vulgar) because I was genuinely incredibly confused and needed advice from older friends, if I'd had a filter shoved on me it would have made it extremely difficult.

May seem hypocritical 'cause I just stated I see no harm in a 13 yr old going into a [DATE] room if it's for a certain reason, but I'd rather just have that category deleted to reduce the threat of cyber in the first place.

I didn't bother suggesting Hobbas or stuff like that (ran outta space :(). I forgot what I suggested tbh :S.

.DnB
15-06-2012, 02:21 PM
1. Compulsory filter for under 16s
What's stopping users from lying about their ages?

2. Deleting Unsuitable rooms
I'm completely for this, I think they've already got rid of most of them.

3. Warnings
again, for this. They should actually act on them.

I'm about to go on and suggest a hobba-like system where habbos can volunteer for a mod-like job, sorting requests into categories for the real mods then to sort out, as well as the last 2 you suggested :)

Course some will lie about their age but I reckon its worth putting the age restriction on at least for the ones who dont and yeah I suggested a system where after a while the most trusted helpers can gain a bit more power to work alongside the mods (after going through a few tests/quizzes like the 1 for being a helper)

and Intersocial that may be what you think but if habbo allows it then it will get shut down, I know for a fact that children as young as 7 go on habbo and it is not right for them to see sexual talk, also, that 10 year old girl stripped on cam for furni, if those types of rooms were shielded from her then maybe she would have went to other rooms where this type of stuff was not going on instead of being persuaded into doing that

MKR&*42
15-06-2012, 02:28 PM
Course some will lie about their age but I reckon its worth putting the age restriction on at least for the ones who dont and yeah I suggested a system where after a while the most trusted helpers can gain a bit more power to work alongside the mods (after going through a few tests/quizzes like the 1 for being a helper)

and Intersocial that may be what you think but if habbo allows it then it will get shut down, I know for a fact that children as young as 7 go on habbo and it is not right for them to see sexual talk, also, that 10 year old girl stripped on cam for furni, if those types of rooms were shielded from her then maybe she would have went to other rooms where this type of stuff was not going on instead of being persuaded into doing that

Just completely remove the rooms as opposed to "shielding" them? :P. I see no harm in 16+ or 18+ rooms because I've been in loads and don't ever see cyber sex, just regular chat so I'd been fine with them remaining open but having dating rooms in general (even if shielded) isn't a very good idea.

I think the whole issue with 7-10 year olds going on it is simply down to lack of common sense and teaching in society. I first went on a virtual world (Second Life lol ;l) when I was 9 or 10 and I had the common sense to realise not to go on a webcam with anyone and completely ignore (or w.e it is on there) anyone who tried to ask me for sex. My oldest Habbo acc is from 2008 (but i used it for a day lol and forgot the pass) when I was 11 and I still knew then not to go on webcam with a stranger?

.DnB
15-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Just completely remove the rooms as opposed to "shielding" them? :P. I see no harm in 16+ or 18+ rooms because I've been in loads and don't ever see cyber sex, just regular chat so I'd been fine with them remaining open but having dating rooms in general (even if shielded) isn't a very good idea.

I think the whole issue with 7-10 year olds going on it is simply down to lack of common sense and teaching in society. I first went on a virtual world (Second Life lol ;l) when I was 9 or 10 and I had the common sense to realise not to go on a webcam with anyone and completely ignore (or w.e it is on there) anyone who tried to ask me for sex. My oldest Habbo acc is from 2008 (but i used it for a day lol and forgot the pass) when I was 11 and I still knew then not to go on webcam with a stranger?

Yeah but not everyone thinks the same as you, a young girl can be very easily influenced so could be persuaded by a nonce to do certain things and also they havent all been educated about the dangers, they might even have some kind of habbo boyfriend or something that they think they love... I reckon that removing the dating rooms would be a good idea but they cant really have a rule against habbo dating, its like having a rule against adopting babies on habbo lol, obviously a rule against cybering makes perfect sense but I dont think they can actually ban habbo edating, they could get rid of that section of rooms but people would still make them, they could definitely not allow certain words in room names though, I do agree though, having dating rooms is not a good idea. Hmmm 7-10 year olds going on I wouldnt say its a lack of common sense because those ages really are young innocent children, I would put the blame on the parent personally

MKR&*42
15-06-2012, 02:45 PM
Yeah but not everyone thinks the same as you, a young girl can be very easily influenced so could be persuaded by a nonce to do certain things and also they havent all been educated about the dangers, they might even have some kind of habbo boyfriend or something that they think they love... I reckon that removing the dating rooms would be a good idea but they cant really have a rule against habbo dating, its like having a rule against adopting babies on habbo lol, obviously a rule against cybering makes perfect sense but I dont think they can actually ban habbo edating, they could get rid of that section of rooms but people would still make them, they could definitely not allow certain words in room names though, I do agree though, having dating rooms is not a good idea. Hmmm 7-10 year olds going on I wouldnt say its a lack of common sense because those ages really are young innocent children, I would put the blame on the parent personally

Exactly, that's why there needs to be some teaching either given by parents or in schools. I'm sure they're trying to teach sex education at a much younger age now, so I see no harm in kids in a primary school being taught about the dangers of paedophilia online. I was taught about cyber bullying a lot but never learnt about cyber sex and the "dangers" of actually getting involved in it.

Blocking certain words in room names would definitely be another way to go. They already block a few words (such as "hack") so I'd love to see them update it, so that stuff like Se%, C@M, Str!p and Nak€d gets removed as well.

Munex
15-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Age restricting rooms so that "18+ chat" literally becomes 18+ is a pretty decent idea - the room owner can choose to put a restriction on their room or something. If people choose to lie about their age when they sign up, they are doing so at their own risk. Compulsory filter for under 16s is also a pretty good idea. Of course, these things can be bypassed, but it's better than nothing at all.

Above all else, moderation needs to improve. Just before this scandal, I sent a report and it took hours for them to reply ... I had completely forgotten about sending a call for help until a generic reply popped up.

A Hobba system may do some good, even though I was against this idea before the scandal hit. I don't believe in giving players the ability to ban, but there may be an alternative...

EDIT:

Blocking certain words in room names would definitely be another way to go. They already block a few words (such as "hack") so I'd love to see them update it, so that stuff like Se%, C@M, Str!p and Nak€d gets removed as well.

They actually have added the word "bed" and "pole" (poledance, although they have ironically not banned "poledance") to the filtered word list.

MKR&*42
15-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Age restricting rooms so that "18+ chat" literally becomes 18+ is a pretty decent idea - the room owner can choose to put a restriction on their room or something. If people choose to lie about their age when they sign up, they are doing so at their own risk. Compulsory filter for under 16s is also a pretty good idea. Of course, these things can be bypassed, but it's better than nothing at all.

Above all else, moderation needs to improve. Just before this scandal, I sent a report and it took hours for them to reply ... I had completely forgotten about sending a call for help until a generic reply popped up.

A Hobba system may do some good, even though I was against this idea before the scandal hit. I don't believe in giving players the ability to ban, but there may be an alternative...

EDIT:

They actually have added the word "bed" and "pole" (poledance, although they have ironically not banned "poledance") to the filtered word list.

Thank God "pole" and "bed" are in it... it's a start I suppose. But yeah, the words like poledance just prove the filter ineffective.

geo
15-06-2012, 03:59 PM
lol hate this filter for people under 16, it's just stupid. AND I DONT LIKE IT EVEN MORE BECAUSE I AM F O U R T E E N.
but like, i'm pretty sure most of the people under the age of 16 would just lie about their age. most people under 16 knows all the bad words and most of them just want to play habbo, nothing more. i went to the room though, answered their questions fully. hope they read it lol. oh, and to the 18+ room idea thing, most owners just set it at that as they want conversation that would be for people that are mature and things, i know most people don't really care who goes in as long as they're not immature. would be a nice idea, but like laura said, people will lie.

MKR&*42
15-06-2012, 04:03 PM
lol hate this filter for people under 16, it's just stupid. AND I DONT LIKE IT EVEN MORE BECAUSE I AM F O U R T E E N.
but like, i'm pretty sure most of the people under the age of 16 would just lie about their age. most people under 16 knows all the bad words and most of them just want to play habbo, nothing more. i went to the room though, answered their questions fully. hope they read it lol. oh, and to the 18+ room idea thing, most owners just set it at that as they want conversation that would be for people that are mature and things, i know most people don't really care who goes in as long as they're not immature. would be a nice idea, but like laura said, people will lie.

What the, you're 14 Georgia, seriously? LOL. Thought you were 16.

OT: Urm, I think Georgia's a clear example of someone who doesn't mind swearing or sexual language (sorry if this is offending you Georgia, but I presume you don't? xD) so the filter would probably annoy her dramatically if it was compulsory for her.

geo
15-06-2012, 04:12 PM
What the, you're 14 Georgia, seriously? LOL. Thought you were 16.

OT: Urm, I think Georgia's a clear example of someone who doesn't mind swearing or sexual language (sorry if this is offending you Georgia, but I presume you don't? xD) so the filter would probably annoy her dramatically if it was compulsory for her.

Yes I am fourteen. :( I've told you so many times, and you're always saying "OMG I THOUGHT YOU WERE *insert age here*!!!!!!"

Haha, nah, it's fine. you're right. :) I'd be so mad if i had to see ***** everytime someone said something, mainly because it's aimed at me most of the time. (A) Compulsory would drive me to make a new account so I could fake age, therefore the whole point in the filter would be stupid, as people could get past it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!